All Categories

Apothecary V Steelskull

Apothecary V Steelskull

Search
Apr 16, 2020, 04:5404/16/20
03/30/20

Apothecary V Steelskull

I have read and researched and realized that these are two of the best healers in the game. Apothecary heals, and increases speed, and when fully booked, basically does one or the other each round. Steelskull though, has two different healing abilities... a direct, and a team. He also places defense, and can focus his A1 attack instead of it being random.... so to me, they are both quite close in value... The biggest difference is that Steelskull is epic, whereas apothecary is rare. 

The reason I am posting, is because I am thinking I don't want to spend epic books on Steelskull, when I have another apothecary just chillen, in my vault. Rare books are a lot easier to come by. How does that work on Auto though? Do they work in sync (meaning one won't cast the exact same thing after the other,) or is the auto just pre programmed to use a certain moveset per turn. 

I also want to know if this is a silly idea to use two Apothecary's instead of a Steelskull. 

The advice I'd like this thread to be about it is:

1) Apothecary Vs Steelskull in general

2) is it better to have two of one instead of the other
Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 16, 2020, 07:5704/16/20
04/12/19

as healing goes - not really much difference if you go 2x apo agains one of each.

Personally I would take one of each IF you need 2 healers - you have access to different extras apart from heals.

Most likely 2x healer in team is a bit over the top anyway - that other spot better be taken by tank / dmg dealer / buffer / debuffer

Apr 16, 2020, 08:0604/16/20
Apr 16, 2020, 08:08(edited)
02/20/20

Dude, you need both. They are vastly different champions and all TOP TOP.

1 - Apo (Better all round for Dungeons and Arena)

Apo is just great until you get to end end game. Get him to 100% critical and he can heal someone from low HP to max. Only character in game that can do that I believe. He is easy to book, and abilities have short CD. Make him fast (280-300 speed) and he can go twice every turn and keep every buff and heal up constantly. He has a 3 hit A1 for fire knight and actually hits pretty ok in terms of damage.  Nice champion god tier for a reason before you get Arbiter. (Basically the pre-Arbiter)

2 - SteelSkull (Better for Clan Boss)

The only non-void epic I don't have :*(  He is amazing I hear on CB. Poison, target heals, AOE heals, and removes debuff and increase defence for whole team.  His poisons can also damage bosses very well (unlike Apo - no poison).  (Basically the pre-Bad el Kazar)

I would 6 star both, unless you have Arbiter or Bad el Kazar.
Apr 16, 2020, 10:1804/16/20
12/08/19

I am with ethan

i used both for a long time...now i have bad el and nethril so both use their place in my team

but sometimes i use apo in clanboss too...he helps me more than dutchess and arbiter...he is a great champ...i dont need his heal but his speed buff and increase turnmeter is really powerful when u have no counterattacker.....lol i have so many epics sometimes 5 of them...but never got a scullcrusher

But u cannot say which one is better because they have total different roles.....apo u can use nearly everywhere....steelskull  not (some dungeons)

But i agree with etahn both of them are totally worth it to bring to 60 and fully book

Remember : a steeskull not booked is nothing then he is bader than most rares.....u need to full book him, especially his a1 then he is really great

Jun 29, 2020, 00:2506/29/20
Jun 29, 2020, 00:26(edited)
04/11/20
I’m trying decide which one to level first. I have vrask, zelotah now at 50. And have recent additions apothecary, steelskull, doompriest. Also have a few clan boss poisoners sitting at 40 like aothar, monk, Yaga, and corpse collector. Warmaiden in the wings too. I can rank up 2 right now and leaning towards apothecary because he seems all around but so does steelskull. Advice?
Jun 29, 2020, 01:1706/29/20
12/19/19
Tim Lillis said:

I’m trying decide which one to level first. I have vrask, zelotah now at 50. And have recent additions apothecary, steelskull, doompriest. Also have a few clan boss poisoners sitting at 40 like aothar, monk, Yaga, and corpse collector. Warmaiden in the wings too. I can rank up 2 right now and leaning towards apothecary because he seems all around but so does steelskull. Advice?
who do u have at 60? One apothecary is fine. don't see any reason for 2 (except new arena). 
Jun 29, 2020, 01:1906/29/20
12/19/19
Gerkules said:

but sometimes i use apo in clanboss too...he helps me more than dutchess and arbiter...he is a great champ...i dont need his heal but his speed buff and increase turnmeter is really powerful when u have no counterattacker.....lol i have so many epics sometimes 5 of them...but never got a scullcrusher

Woah... You are not using duchess correctly or are lacking in gear on her. I can't think of one place I would use apo over duchess... and I am a HUGE apo fan.
Jun 29, 2020, 03:2806/29/20
04/11/20

I only have one apothecary I just got and he’s at 40. My 60 is my original Elhain. I have zargala, vrask, athel, zelotah, shatterbones, lightsworn, and grinner at 50.

The ones I listed are the ones I’m debating about next to bring to 50.

Trips said

Tim Lillis said:

who do u have at 60? One apothecary is fine. don't see any reason for 2 (except new arena). 

Jun 29, 2020, 05:1306/29/20
12/19/19
Zelotah (no books needed)
Jun 29, 2020, 08:0106/29/20
01/18/20
Raptor said:

Dude, you need both. They are vastly different champions and all TOP TOP.

1 - Apo (Better all round for Dungeons and Arena)

blah blah blah

2 - SteelSkull (Better for Clan Boss)

The only non-void epic I don't have :*(  blah blah blah

I would 6 star both, unless you have Arbiter or Bad el Kazar.
It's one of the reason I don't want to read in forum. Don't have but talk much better than pro.