All Categories

I like this game better than MMORPGs right now

Search
Apr 12, 2020, 01:3104/12/20
02/27/20

I guess you kinda of say this almost an MMORPG, but off course it's classified more as an RPG Gacha game.  And we don't really get to explore the world or form groups.  We also control more than one character at a time.  So, I believe I can safely claim that Raid: Shadow Legends is a different genre than say WOW, FF XIV, or ESO

Anyway, that being said, I believe I enjoy this game better than MMORPGs right now because I feel like my choices actually matter.  More so than just what to equip, where to go, what to fight, etc.  I feel a little more challenged on an intellectual level than the standard MMORPGs than are out there.  Figuring out systems and forming strategies based on my understanding of those systems is something that interests me, I suppose.  And since there's no decent Next Generation truly Sandbox MMORPGs available to play at this time, it seems like I'll playing this game for awhile.

EDIT:  Oh, yeah, I also like harsh penalties for making the wrong decisions.  Something that I think is sorely lacking in the newer and more modern MMORGPs.  Except for maybe in the Raids.  But I really don't like Raids unless I can solo them or do them in a small group.  Like I used to do in EQ2 back in 2014.  You could do that by tackling lower level raids.  Plus mentoring down your character level so that all the mobs wouldn't be gray and you could still get loot.  (I enjoyed challenging myself by making or otherwise obtaining Fabled gear and trying to solo dungeons.  Or to complete them with a smaller group than intended.)

EDIT #2:  I would probably hate this game without Auto-Play though.  Please don't take away Multi-Battles from the Dungeons.  30 a day is not this much.

Actually, I think that MMORPGs that have Daily Quests should implement Auto-Play for them.  After has won whatever battle, cleared a dungeon, or defeated a certain mob (whatever the quest requires to complete it) a certain number of times.  (Could be 10, 25, 50x [depending on easy or difficult the quest is to complete]).  Anyway, after the player has completed the quest the requisite amount of times, they could be given the option to use Auto-Complete a certain number of times a day.  Because doing the exact same thing over and over again for days on end really sucks.  Games become more like jobs when they force you to do that.  Though I don't feel the grind so much in Raid because of Auto-Battle.

Views
Comments