All Categories

Clan Boss Idea

Clan Boss Idea

Search
Apr 11, 2020, 19:0504/11/20
05/29/19

Clan Boss Idea

By now we've all seen the 1.15 notes stating that after a death, the clan boss wont die, but will gain infinite health ensuring all clan members get a chance to get the rewards.

However, I have an idea for clan boss that could be better than this and ensure that clan boss keys become a wanted resource again. It's a little TLDR, but stay with me, I think the idea is solid, and would allow easy monetisation by Plarium and better incentives for clans to work together.

So here is the idea.

There's just one clan boss and he has no HP pool.

Simple, I know...

However, he does now scale with rounds.

He is :

EASY for the first 5 rounds.

NORMAL for the next 5 rounds.

HARD for the next 5 rounds.

BRUTAL for the next 5 rounds.

NIGHTMARE for the next 5 rounds.

ULTRA-NIGHTMARE from then on

From round 40 he strips Unkillable buffs before every attack 

From round 50 he strips Revive on Death buffs before every attack

Each key gives you a 'run' at the clan boss.

You get a chest for each damage marker you pass per run (all chests granted). These markers have been changed as high tier players will own the lower levels much harder and thus do way more damage early on: 

Novice - 100k

Adept - 250k

Warrior - 750k

Knight - 1.5m

Guardian - 2.5m

Master - 5m

Grandmaster - 10m

Ultimate - 20m

Mythic - 35m

Divine - 50m

Celestial - 70m

Transcendent - 100m

NB: Rewards only generate 1 Chest of each type no matter how many times you run the boss.

To add to this though, there is a bonus chest of each type per tier YOU have managed to beat at the end of each day that is given out based on the CLAN total damage dealt.

Novice - 6m

Adept - 15m

Warrior - 30m

Knight - 50m

Guardian - 100m

Master - 175m

Grandmaster - 350m

Ultimate - 500m

Mythic - 750m

Divine - 1.5b

Celestial - 3b

Transcendent - 5b

This not only provides a challenge to all players, but also bases rewards on the coordination of the actual clan itself.

As with the daily cycle under 50%, the clan boss now is that affinity each day. Meaning you could have a different affinity each day (with 3 neutral days) allowing for more variety in mechanic.

It also means there could be a bonus WEEKLY reward (chest - gear - gems etc.) for the top 10 (or so?) highest performing CLANS (meaning clan performance is even more important). There could be a league table (both overall and by boss affinity) to further drive the importance of the CLAN in clan boss and give another layer of competition.

This streamlines and simplifies the clan boss structure, allows for better monetisation as impetus is place on performance and competition between clans, as rewards are linked to both personal and clan performance regardless of tier (which is huge for new players in established clans).

Anyway, know its long, but I really think this idea could lead to a much better and simpler clan boss mechanic.

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 11, 2020, 19:2804/11/20
01/18/20
I don't think there are people listen to you in here, I intend to give idea but after a while I already know no one and nothing in this forum could do. 
Apr 11, 2020, 19:3004/11/20
02/27/20
jimmyfburbs said:

By now we've all seen the 1.15 notes stating that after a death, the clan boss wont die, but will gain infinite health ensuring all clan members get a chance to get the rewards.

However, I have an idea for clan boss that could be better than this and ensure that clan boss keys become a wanted resource again. It's a little TLDR, but stay with me, I think the idea is solid, and would allow easy monetisation by Plarium and better incentives for clans to work together.

So here is the idea.

There's just one clan boss and he has no HP pool.

Simple, I know...

However, he does now scale with rounds.

He is :

EASY for the first 5 rounds.

NORMAL for the next 5 rounds.

HARD for the next 5 rounds.

BRUTAL for the next 5 rounds.

NIGHTMARE for the next 5 rounds.

ULTRA-NIGHTMARE from then on

From round 40 he strips Unkillable buffs before every attack 

From round 50 he strips Revive on Death buffs before every attack

Each key gives you a 'run' at the clan boss.

You get a chest for each damage marker you pass per run (all chests granted). These markers have been changed as high tier players will own the lower levels much harder and thus do way more damage early on: 

Novice - 100k

Adept - 250k

Warrior - 750k

Knight - 1.5m

Guardian - 2.5m

Master - 5m

Grandmaster - 10m

Ultimate - 20m

Mythic - 35m

Divine - 50m

Celestial - 70m

Transcendent - 100m

NB: Rewards only generate 1 Chest of each type no matter how many times you run the boss.

To add to this though, there is a bonus chest of each type per tier YOU have managed to beat at the end of each day that is given out based on the CLAN total damage dealt.

Novice - 6m

Adept - 15m

Warrior - 30m

Knight - 50m

Guardian - 100m

Master - 175m

Grandmaster - 350m

Ultimate - 500m

Mythic - 750m

Divine - 1.5b

Celestial - 3b

Transcendent - 5b

This not only provides a challenge to all players, but also bases rewards on the coordination of the actual clan itself.

As with the daily cycle under 50%, the clan boss now is that affinity each day. Meaning you could have a different affinity each day (with 3 neutral days) allowing for more variety in mechanic.

It also means there could be a bonus WEEKLY reward (chest - gear - gems etc.) for the top 10 (or so?) highest performing CLANS (meaning clan performance is even more important). There could be a league table (both overall and by boss affinity) to further drive the importance of the CLAN in clan boss and give another layer of competition.

This streamlines and simplifies the clan boss structure, allows for better monetisation as impetus is place on performance and competition between clans, as rewards are linked to both personal and clan performance regardless of tier (which is huge for new players in established clans).

Anyway, know its long, but I really think this idea could lead to a much better and simpler clan boss mechanic.

Sounds cool.
Apr 11, 2020, 20:3404/11/20
02/27/20
MaxBT said:

I don't think there are people listen to you in here, I intend to give idea but after a while I already know no one and nothing in this forum could do. 
Well, the Community Managers answer sometimes, and they can probably pass on suggestions they like.
Apr 11, 2020, 21:2604/11/20
02/13/19

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. :)
Apr 12, 2020, 11:0804/12/20
02/20/20
Isn't that how CB currently work.  Gets harder per turn. lol