All Categories

Balancing issue Duchess and Rotos

Search
Apr 7, 2020, 15:3404/07/20
04/26/19

UM6767617 | 6679687 here. I’m a huge fan of Raid and invested over $1,000 USD so far. I hope you value my opinion that I want to share. You’ll notice that even though I’ve been playing for almost a year this is my first post.

First of all, thank you for the artifact filter! Brilliant!

Second, you hurt my main investment - the Duchess by taking away her passive DR and putting it on the veil buff. That is a nerf. She doesn’t put veil on herself so she lost her own DR. Veils are temporary and easily removed so others won’t have the benefit as much either. DR is all we have to mitigate the increase in champions that ignore defense. Please give her passive back. It’s okay that she has grants more DR since defense is often ignored in arena. She is a legendary and worthy of it.

Third, ignore defense is not good for the arena. A core stat is being completely ignored. Putting 100% block revive on top of that is irresponsible. There has been an overwhelming amount of people complaining about this. Please fix Rotos.

Lastly, here’s an easy way to see if you have an unbalanced champion. Look to see if 90% of platinum arena teams are using it and some teams using multiple copies of it.

Thanks for your consideration.

Uncle Gruff

Grumpy Goats 

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 7, 2020, 15:4404/07/20
02/27/20
Again, I'm pretty sure people wouldn't complain about Rotos if they had him.
Apr 7, 2020, 16:0404/07/20
02/13/19

Hi,

Pls, check to the patch notes, you'll see a buff to Veil Buff. Duchess is still the same, she's not been nerfed, her passive (just the veil part) has been added as an effect to the Veil Buff.

Rotos is fine, he won't be nerfed.

You'll always see 2-3 heroes in most of the Platinum teams.
Apr 7, 2020, 20:4004/07/20
11/27/19
Valdys said:

Hi,

Pls, check to the patch notes, you'll see a buff to Veil Buff. Duchess is still the same, she's not been nerfed, her passive (just the veil part) has been added as an effect to the Veil Buff.

Rotos is fine, he won't be nerfed.

You'll always see 2-3 heroes in most of the Platinum teams.
I would argue that Rotos was nerfed. I mean, it was the relentless set that got nerfed, but he was the biggest benefactor of that. I mean you can argue it was not a nerf to him, but, for all practical purposes it was. No one was complaining about Robar, Relickeeper, Hordin, etc benefiting from it. So I will agree that his abilities/stats were not nerfed but his maximum potential was.