All Categories

Silver charges for trying on new gear - Why?

Search
Apr 7, 2020, 02:4104/07/20
07/17/19

I would just like to get my opinion out there that I think the silver charges for swapping gear pieces make the game a lot less fun.  There are so many cool gear sets and different things I would like to try but it just isn't realistic for me to experiment when it costs 600k - 900k just to unequip my items, then another 900k on top of that if you don't like the results (on top of the...10 million? to level a set of 6* gear)

I think the fear is the devs don't want to make Silver become obsolete, they want people using it and buying it.  I just don't really see why being able to swap gear for free would hurt silver value as it would encourage people to actually play the game and enjoy the sets more freely instead of sitting in the menus afraid to make any changes because they don't want to burn 1million silver experimenting.  If anything I think it would increase people's energy use (actually playing the game, not staring at a paper doll) so they could try out some of the cool sets available without feeling like they are getting ram-roded by Plarium on silver cost.

upgrading 5 and 6-star gear costs an insane amount of silver as it is, charging additional silver to try new sets is just an un-fun part of the game and feels really bad and restricting. The charges for gear changing are insignificant enough that they don't really stop people from doing it, but they are significant enough that it makes experimenting feel bad.  The net result is it just isn't fun.

I assume the goal is you want people actually playing your game and having fun so they want to spend money to get new champions.  People don't really care about gear, they care about the champions, gear is just a necessary evil really.

I would be a lot more excited to upgrade some gear sets that I never touch if I knew I could actually use them and test them out without losing 3 million silver every time I wanted to make a change.

TLDR - dont make non-gameplay parts of the game so restrictive (its not fun), encourage people to play and have fun and they will spend more money.  You would have more content creators if people were more free to experiment and come up with new ideas for champions

Views
Comments
Comments
GreenKnightCommunity Manager
Apr 8, 2020, 07:5904/08/20
04/06/20

Greetings.

to answer your question:

Spyder73 said:

I would just like to get my opinion out there that I think the silver charges for swapping gear pieces make the game a lot less fun.  There are so many cool gear sets and different things I would like to try but it just isn't realistic for me to experiment when it costs 600k - 900k just to unequip my items, then another 900k on top of that if you don't like the results (on top of the...10 million? to level a set of 6* gear)

I think the fear is the devs don't want to make Silver become obsolete, they want people using it and buying it.  I just don't really see why being able to swap gear for free would hurt silver value as it would encourage people to actually play the game and enjoy the sets more freely instead of sitting in the menus afraid to make any changes because they don't want to burn 1million silver experimenting.  If anything I think it would increase people's energy use (actually playing the game, not staring at a paper doll) so they could try out some of the cool sets available without feeling like they are getting ram-roded by Plarium on silver cost.

upgrading 5 and 6-star gear costs an insane amount of silver as it is, charging additional silver to try new sets is just an un-fun part of the game and feels really bad and restricting. The charges for gear changing are insignificant enough that they don't really stop people from doing it, but they are significant enough that it makes experimenting feel bad.  The net result is it just isn't fun.

I assume the goal is you want people actually playing your game and having fun so they want to spend money to get new champions.  People don't really care about gear, they care about the champions, gear is just a necessary evil really.

I would be a lot more excited to upgrade some gear sets that I never touch if I knew I could actually use them and test them out without losing 3 million silver every time I wanted to make a change.

TLDR - dont make non-gameplay parts of the game so restrictive (its not fun), encourage people to play and have fun and they will spend more money.  You would have more content creators if people were more free to experiment and come up with new ideas for champions

We are not going to remove the cost of removing gear. One of the fundamental mechanics of the game is resource management, in which every action has a particular effect and consequence. For example, choosing your gear is on par with choosing your champions for the arena or Spider dungeon, its definitive factor for success. While freely switching between builds may seem like a positive change, on practice, it shifts Arena balance heavily into the attacker side and is likely to ruin the action economy of the game overall. Silver, the resource needed for removing an item, is the easiest obtainable resource in the game. Therefore, the cost will stay.

Have a nice day

Apr 8, 2020, 12:3804/08/20
Apr 8, 2020, 12:38(edited)
02/27/20
GreenKnight said:

Greetings.

to answer your question:

Spyder73 said:

We are not going to remove the cost of removing gear. One of the fundamental mechanics of the game is resource management, in which every action has a particular effect and consequence. For example, choosing your gear is on par with choosing your champions for the arena or Spider dungeon, its definitive factor for success. While freely switching between builds may seem like a positive change, on practice, it shifts Arena balance heavily into the attacker side and is likely to ruin the action economy of the game overall. Silver, the resource needed for removing an item, is the easiest obtainable resource in the game. Therefore, the cost will stay.

Have a nice day

The Artifacts magically bond to the user/wielder, so, in order to safely remove an Artifact, a fee must be paid to a skilled wizard.