All Categories

Game Mechanics Help

Game Mechanics Help

Search
Apr 6, 2020, 00:4104/06/20
04/01/20

Game Mechanics Help

Is there anywhere to find out the numbers for game mechanics which aren't explained in game. 90% of the attacks in the game scale with attack but that doesn't say very much. Is there any where to see what the scaling factor is? 

Accuracy is another example where the game provides very little information about the mechanic works. 

I assume it's a formula like; ( Your % chance to dodge =     Your Resist / 100 + Opponents Accuracy  )

I'd almost bet that is the actual formula, but it is very hard to confirm just by playing the game (especially when you can't ever see your opponents accuracy/resist stats)

Does anyone know the actual formula? 

Even with status effects, all you get is a keyword to go off sometimes. It makes it very difficult to find out what you should be investing in without just using trial and error. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 6, 2020, 03:0704/06/20
Apr 6, 2020, 08:35(edited)
02/27/20

It'd be nice to know, wouldn't it?

EDIT:  Actually, do we really need to know for certain all the math involved in everything?  Do we really need to encourage players to min/max their teams down to the last decimal point?  Why not just let players learn through trial and error?  Gain knowledge through experience about what works and what doesn't.  Certain players might gain knowledge that gives them an advantage over those who don't have that knowledge.  Nothing wrong with that.  Experience is more than just the points your Champions/characters earn from battles and whatnot.
Apr 6, 2020, 08:3804/06/20
02/20/20

It's hidden and not much is known about it. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/RaidShadowLegends/wiki/skillmods

As a general rule:

1. Some abilities that hit once hit 3x harder than other abilities that say the same (equivalent to up to 10x over a naive hit)

2. There is limited testing which accounts for 10% of the usable heroes out there. 

So yes, it is important, but I suspect only some top players have a secret database. 

All we are left is with qualitative measures like: "hits like a truck", "hits hard"

Apr 6, 2020, 08:4404/06/20
Apr 6, 2020, 08:50(edited)
08/26/19

Ah, fellow RPG lover, as I can see. I totally understand you, brother. The lack of these numbers annoys me too.

I will start with a short version of the answer to your questions. Please be patient to my English, it is still in development :)

About the champions skill and how they scale in terms of damage. There are hidden numbers behind each skill called modifier that determine the output damage of each skill. What we know about this modifier is that it varies between different champions, different skills, and even between different hits in one skill. In most cases it is initially lower as you develop your champion, and when your champion hit 6/60 his modifiers (just like some of his base stats) increase to some extent.

I'll give you an example. That lady Elhain which you chose in the beginning because she is an beautiful elven maid with bow (you chose her, right ) has three skills. Her second skill (we call them A1, A2, etc.), so her A2 shoots one arrow first, then shoots arrows at all targets. He have noticed that the first arrow does more damage than the each arrow from next multi hit. But why, it's same skill, just different hit? This is where this hidden multiplayer comes into play. The multiplier behind first shot is 6.3 when not fully leveled and 7.7 when she is fully leveled 6/60 and for second multi hit is 3.5 and 4.4 respectively.

For every champion and every skill out there, no matter how they scale (what stats is mentioned in the description: ATK, DEF, HP or combination from those) the damage is calculate like this: "respective skill * modifier = damage output". This is simplest explanation possible and there are additional variables, but they are of less importance, with less impact to final damage and for some of them i don't have enough understanding to explain them.

The practical application of the above: the damage scales linearly and at some point it is more beneficial to focus on crit. chance and crit. damage. Most of the end game players which advise I follow recommends following path: let say your champion scales with ATK. Make your additional atk two time champions base atk, then go for crit. chance and crit dmg, building them more or less simultaneously. When you hit 100% crit. chance and around 150% crit dmg focus on building those atk and crit. dmg more or less at the same time with a relatively equal increase. If you increase your attack with additional 20%, then try to increase your crit. dmg with at least 10% more. This is based mostly on some users tests and as many other things in the game, where we don't have official numbers and explanation, is more or less just unofficial and recommended, not something you should follow at all cost. And obviously, it is just explanation of how in theory you can get most steady increase in damage. In real game this is hard to follow "by the book" as English speaking people tend to say, i think.

As for your other question. We don't use "dodge" as explanation here, you rpg maniac hehehe, no offense!

I think its better to give you the official video of how accuracy and resistance work, it will be lest painful than reading my explanation :) 

*edit - ah, i need to improve my typing skill, @Ethan is faster than me :)

Apr 6, 2020, 09:1804/06/20
08/26/19

Victory March said:

EDIT:  Actually, do we really need to know for certain all the math involved in everything?  Do we really need to encourage players to min/max their teams down to the last decimal point?  Why not just let players learn through trial and error?  Gain knowledge through experience about what works and what doesn't.  Certain players might gain knowledge that gives them an advantage over those who don't have that knowledge.  Nothing wrong with that.  Experience is more than just the points your Champions/characters earn from battles and whatnot.

I am sure there are players out there that log in to enjoy that beautiful graphic and didn't care much about everything else. They just click here and there so they can spend more time in game. There are players which only concern is to get as many champions as they wallet can endure. There are others, and others, and others...

And there are players, that want to know how and why things happen. This is more of an general view than something specific about the game itself. Those are people, who mostly enjoy not by just beating/winning certain game, but they enjoy the process itself. They want to make meaningful choices based on what they know and how they process what they know. They don't enjoy in blindly follow game rules they don't understand.

And I can agree with you that "learn through trial and error and gain knowledge through experience"  is the very core of what these people enjoy, but Raid isn't that kind of game, that encourage that. You can't just sit there and equip different sets, aim for different stats, test thing for yourself and learn more in the process. The thing in Raid works other way:

You don't gain knowledge through experience, you gain knowledge through expense.

And that is something that discourage most of the players to make bold experiments with equipment, sets, stats and such. It is not enough to be curious how things work in the game, you also have to be rich to check it out for yourself. Or take advantage of someone else's knowledge otherwise.

Apr 6, 2020, 10:3204/06/20
02/27/20
Daering said:

Victory March said:

I am sure there are players out there that log in to enjoy that beautiful graphic and didn't care much about everything else. They just click here and there so they can spend more time in game. There are players which only concern is to get as many champions as they wallet can endure. There are others, and others, and others...

And there are players, that want to know how and why things happen. This is more of an general view than something specific about the game itself. Those are people, who mostly enjoy not by just beating/winning certain game, but they enjoy the process itself. They want to make meaningful choices based on what they know and how they process what they know. They don't enjoy in blindly follow game rules they don't understand.

And I can agree with you that "learn through trial and error and gain knowledge through experience"  is the very core of what these people enjoy, but Raid isn't that kind of game, that encourage that. You can't just sit there and equip different sets, aim for different stats, test thing for yourself and learn more in the process. The thing in Raid works other way:

You don't gain knowledge through experience, you gain knowledge through expense.

And that is something that discourage most of the players to make bold experiments with equipment, sets, stats and such. It is not enough to be curious how things work in the game, you also have to be rich to check it out for yourself. Or take advantage of someone else's knowledge otherwise.

It's true that experimentation can be very costly in this game.  But I like that.  I like having meaningful choices and significant consequences in RPG type games.  I like stiff penalties for failure or making the wrong choices.  It's too bad most MMORPGs don't have so many penalties like that anymore.