All Categories

Disgustingly Bad Champ AI NEEDS FIXING

Search
Feb 24, 2020, 16:1602/24/20
08/02/19

Is anybody else feeling this pain?

I am wondering when Plarium is going to address the issue of their disgustingly bad blanket-programmed AI of EVERY CHAMP. As it stands, every champ runs off the exact same AI which is - Use any and all abilities as soon as cooldown is finished regardless of circumstance or opponent.

Not only is this stupid and bad in and of itself, but in addition to this - champions who have more than 1 ability that synergise almost always use their abilities in the wrong freaking order. A prime example is that Lord Shazaar A2 gives him +50%ATK, block debuffs for 2 turns and grants an extra turn. His A3 deals AOE damage and drops bombs on enemies, bomb damage is based on ATK. At the start of a battle he uses his A3 first, then uses his A2 second on the next round resulting in weaker hit damage and bomb damage or in other words a massive waste of damage and tuning. That is such basic programming gone wrong - How is this possible?

Who's brilliant idea was it to place that as a blanket AI across ALL champs in ALL dungeons and aspects of the game? My Rhazin shouldn't try to reduce Clan boss turn meter EVER. but he prioritizes using his A3 that does this over his A2 which gives enemies decrease DEF and Weaken.

My Coldheart shouldn't be using anything other than her A1 when Fire Knight's shield is up (In fact, no champion should, but emphasis on Coldheart because watching her drop her A2 is painful and dropping her A3 on a fire knight shield is just plain gut wrenching. Rhazin and other multi hit champs all do the same thing)

Lord Shazaar uses his A3 without using his A2 first to power himself up? 

The list could go on forever, I'm sure everybody has their own individual experiences with this ridiculous programming of champs and I am interested to know what they are.

The biggest problem I have is that a few months ago it wasn't like this. the 'AI' actually had a smidgen of intelligence. Coldheart didn't do what she does now against Fire Knights. Both her and Royal Guard used to WAIT until a boss had at least a Decrease DEF debuff on before dropping their 'BASED ON MAX HP' abilities which is imperative for maximizing damage.. But after some of plariums self proclaimed 'AI Enhancements' they seem to have got rid of any intelligence. Was this something they did on purpose to make playing on auto much more difficult? 

Share your own thoughts and opinions, I hope I'm not the only one that is struggling with this,

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 25, 2020, 13:1502/25/20
01/28/20

forget about this its just impossible to make for developers. To make smart AI of auto in this game first of all it have to many champions and every champion needs different AI plus some skills more complicated then others and different levels of game requires different tactics. If you take all variations basic camps could have up to 1k line of extra coding and still wont be perfect and legendary champs with 4 skills could have up 1 million lines of coding and still wont be perfect and on top of that try to think how to distinguish then to use lets say heal for AI lets say you have champ who dose extra hit on full hp but at that time in the battle he got 99% hp in the same team there is more champs with less hp lets say 98% so next turn is healer who is have recharged heal skill. So think in this way how to put this in the code if the optimal solution for this it could be heal chap with 99% to get him extra turn and ignore champ with less hp. 

Only on this scenario you already have quite complex code so now multiply that code by all possible skills in the game its like redesigning all game just to make to stop playing actual game and you have to do this for all skills. and on top of that code line will be size of 1 gigabite of space for what reason ....???? 
Feb 25, 2020, 13:4002/25/20
Feb 25, 2020, 13:41(edited)
08/02/19

That was a load of bubble.

I guess you're studying coding or watched a video once.. If it was really THAT hard to code in to a character with MAX HP affecting skills something as simple as 'use your skill only when the boss is debuffed' then why does coding exist at all? There are FAR more complex AI integrations on other games that don't have the cash flow Plarium/RAID has and you're an idiot if you think their team can't afford to make better changes.

You missed the point where I mentioned the AI of champs in this game in the past was FAR superior to what it is now, Plarium's coders attempted to 'Enhance AI' and ended up f**king up all of the champions AI and blanket coded the entire character pool, that's cheap and lazy and you're wrong if you say otherwise.

It is really not hard to program champions to individually use their skills when it is most efficient rather than the least convenient - Plarium tried to make it better, destroyed it and haven't looked back since. How hard or long winded it is to code these practices is NOT the point, the point is it CAN be done and most definitely should be done.

Feb 25, 2020, 13:5902/25/20
01/28/20

@GranTorino

I see you know what you talking about I guess it will be good opportunity to join the developers team and you can do it your self. Its not that hard after all. 

There is ways to make it i don't really see the point to make this complex coded AI for mobile game. 

Much more simple solution get better team for that 
Feb 11, 2021, 22:2702/11/21
01/03/21

Ya or just add a custom setup  but that will drop the energy refills and well maybe is created just in that way is part of the system for some good champs have a terrible AI forcing you to manual or just put money to try to get a "META champ" or just put mre refills till triget the RNG i guess

Feb 12, 2021, 00:0902/12/21
11/10/20

I'm  a  C++  programmer  and  it  certainly  would  not  take  1k  lines  of  code  to  program  the  AI  properly.  Assuming  its  even driven:

OnChooseSpell(player  &Player,  target  &Target)

BUFFS_LIST   buffsList

BUFFS_LIST  debuffsList

::GetBuffs(target,  &buffsList)

::GetDebuffs(target,  &debuffsList)

Kinda  get  the  idea,  all  of  the  game  code  will  already  contain  the  functions  to  retrieve  the  conditions  to  choose  the  correct  spell.  A  few  If  else  statements,  not  loads  and  you  can  make  the  right  AI  choice.  They  just  choose  not  to  implement.