All Categories

Artifact Reset

Artifact Reset

Search
Jan 31, 2020, 17:2401/31/20
08/16/19

Artifact Reset

(I’m making a post here about artifacts as I cannot seem to make one in the correct folder)

The ability to reset an artifact’s upgrades would greatly improve the game. As it stands, acquiring the “perfect” artifact for a champion takes a tremendous amount of time and/or luck. There is nothing more frustrating than upgrading that artifact to have an almost useless stat improved. For example:

I acquired a Helm for the SPEED set today of epic quality. It had a +def%, +critrate% and +spd bonus stat on it. This was for the most part a great item for my Gorgorab who currently does not have +spd on his current helm. I begin upgrading (to lvl 12) only for it to upgrade the critrate 3x. This is in no way beneficial to my support character.

I believe it would be beneficial to gameplay to be able to reset the upgrades on an already difficult to acquire item so players don’t feel they have to use even more of their time trying to find a similar artifact once more. The ability to reset would only be possible AFTER the item has been upgraded to lvl16 so as to prevent players from spamming the upgrade/reset after the first few attempts.

*edit

Or perhaps a single use item that can be purchased from the shop for a high silver/low gem cost. 500,000 silver/100 gems?
Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 31, 2020, 17:4101/31/20
05/13/19
would never happen, even with silver cost some of us would reset if we didnt get the rolls wanted over trying on a different artifact all together. 
Jan 31, 2020, 19:1901/31/20
Jan 31, 2020, 19:22(edited)
08/16/19

Evilminion said:

would never happen, even with silver cost some of us would reset if we didnt get the rolls wanted over trying on a different artifact all together. 

I can’t really see why it wouldn’t happen. There’s ways of making it cost something more specific, maybe a time penalty also or no silver cost and forcing to pay with gems. I understand the business model of “must keep people playing and paying” but at some point they should give a little something back to remove some level of grind. Don’t get me wrong I play the game daily and have for almost a year but I feel something like this would be great for removing some level of grind. It keeps an aspect of RNG  as you still may not get the right rolls after the reset while potentially giving the players a little morale boost against the grind.

I know it’s about forcing incentive to play to get another artifact but I would feel more inclined to keep playing with something like this available.