All Categories

Moderator needed - Discord Ban - Getting Ridiculous...

Search
Jan 4, 2020, 10:3901/04/20
05/16/19

Ok, I am a content creator who has been making content for this game for months now.  I was one of the many, many players who was banned on Discord by an immature, power-happy moderator there for no reason other than disagreeing with them

Now that it seems all suggestions are only being received from Discord, combined with how many of us have complained about this issue, seems EXTREMELY irresponsible on the company's part.  You are now getting feedback from a channel where I'd say at least 15% of us are banned.

The whole "ban happy" thing on Discord needs to stop.  There needs to be a checks and balances process, where if one moderator wants to ban someone, at least one other moderator needs to approve that ban as well.  This alone should help nip that issue in the bud.

The better solution would be to fire the immature children you have working Discord currently.  I can't remember the moderator's name off the top of my head, but their name has been brought up countless times on these forums here for the same issue.  The fact they haven't been terminated yet looks extremely bad on this company's part.

Regardless, one of you moderators needs to unban me on there.  If my voice isn't going to be heard, I'm not going to bother making content for this game anymore.  Poor decisions like this is why this company is falling apart.  You want advice - clean up the moderator staff and terminate the ban-happy ones who are abusing their power.  That would be a good start right there.

My Discord name is AscendantGod, just like in-game.  I would really appreciate a moderator unbanning me considering the only reason I was banned to begin with was for disagreeing with a moderator.  That's it.
Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 4, 2020, 16:1201/04/20
01/31/15

AscendantGod said:

Ok, I am a content creator who has been making content for this game for months now.  I was one of the many, many players who was banned on Discord by an immature, power-happy moderator there for no reason other than disagreeing with them

Now that it seems all suggestions are only being received from Discord, combined with how many of us have complained about this issue, seems EXTREMELY irresponsible on the company's part.  You are now getting feedback from a channel where I'd say at least 15% of us are banned.

The whole "ban happy" thing on Discord needs to stop.  There needs to be a checks and balances process, where if one moderator wants to ban someone, at least one other moderator needs to approve that ban as well.  This alone should help nip that issue in the bud.

The better solution would be to fire the immature children you have working Discord currently.  I can't remember the moderator's name off the top of my head, but their name has been brought up countless times on these forums here for the same issue.  The fact they haven't been terminated yet looks extremely bad on this company's part.

Regardless, one of you moderators needs to unban me on there.  If my voice isn't going to be heard, I'm not going to bother making content for this game anymore.  Poor decisions like this is why this company is falling apart.  You want advice - clean up the moderator staff and terminate the ban-happy ones who are abusing their power.  That would be a good start right there.

My Discord name is AscendantGod, just like in-game.  I would really appreciate a moderator unbanning me considering the only reason I was banned to begin with was for disagreeing with a moderator.  That's it.

Hello sire!

I was not exactly there when it happened, but I would like to give my opinion on this:

We, the moderators, are players who are interested in helping Plarium keep the community fresh. Remember that, despite the role, we are still human. Perhaps some moderator had a bad day, we don't know. 

However I'd like to point out that calling us 'childish', 'kids' or 'trash' as you have done in one of your video's does not make you any better. 

You are - or at least were - a content creator for Plarium, not against Plarium. This is highly appreciated, of course, but don't target your content at staff members to call them names. Instead, aim it on the game, like it's supposed to, and give constructive feedback, reviews or whatsoever.

Since you simply did not follow the rules there, that's why you're banned from the Discord. 

To prevent this from escalating, I will close this topic. Feel free to contact me through private messages in case you'd like to proceed this conversation. 

I hope I cleared it up for you, and I wish you the best!

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.