All Categories

First Legendary Champion - Martyr! Worth the wait?

Search
Dec 24, 2019, 09:1112/24/19
11/06/19

So I have been waiting to open my Ancient Shards since I learned they are best open during double rate events, like what we have now. I had 11 of them, opened 10 all at once, and at the very end, when I thought all hope was lost, the lightning flashed and I pulled Martyr!

Just wanted to share this somewhere, I can't do much at YouTube and will be removing my content because of all the garbage going on over there. What do you think, did I get a good champion? Hey and what did you pull?
Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 24, 2019, 10:0112/24/19
02/13/19
She is a top tier ;)
Dec 24, 2019, 10:1012/24/19
11/06/19

Awesome! Glad to hear it!

Dec 24, 2019, 10:4612/24/19
03/16/19

I'm very happy because i skipped the fusion event. I got big un on my first 10 pull. He is very very good for farming / spider / arena. And i still have 22 ancient shard + 3800 gem. If lucky maybe i will get anothers legendary. 

Dec 24, 2019, 19:0812/24/19
11/06/19
Who did you get?
Dec 24, 2019, 21:4312/24/19
Dec 24, 2019, 21:51(edited)
05/29/19

I opened 94 blue shards with double summon rates.  I got a total of ZERO legendary, and 4 Epics.  In 94 pulls.  Sigh.  Glad I decided to stay F2P.

EDIT:  Spent gems for another 6 blue shards.  Like the others, only 6 rare champions.  So out of 100 shards I got ZERO legendaries, and 4 Epics total.  Plarium and RNG hate my account.

So statistically speaking I should have pulled 16 Epics and at least 1 Legendary.  Instead my Christmas gift from Plarium-RNG is 4 and 0.
Dec 25, 2019, 09:0412/25/19
Dec 25, 2019, 09:38(edited)
02/25/19

@Trieg: this is really bad luck. 

@Dreamb...: Yes, Martyr is really a good one. 

I had collected more than 50 ancient shards in a few months while playing f2p. I bought another 11 with gems yesterday. I opened approx. 60 shards and was almost overwhelmed of the amount of champ loot I'd got. I know it does not help anybody but you asked for what I have drawn ;-). 

I drew approx. 16 epics, most of them new ones to me like Delver, Royal Guard, Shatterbone (2x), Seneschal, Fleshtearer, Rearguard Sergeant, Zelotah, Canoness, Infernal Baroness, Husk, Bushi. Others and all dupes were Catacomb Councilor, Missionary, Gorgorab, Spider. Some of them seem to be and are good ones, in almost either case they should help me in faction wars to progress if I have/find good enough artifacts. 

That was not all of it. I was really happy when a yellow light came up. It was the Ork Teera Goremane. Orks in general seem to be relatively weak compared to other factions except Warlord and Zargala perhaps. But it was my first legendary champ out of an ancient shard if I remember correctly. Then it came to the second yellow light and up came Martyr! She is definately a very good champ and she could improve my current almost maxed cb and arena teams. I think I will swap Skullcrusher with her. A bit weird is that Martyr casts debuffs all my other champs in use can already cast (Tayrel/Foli). That's the only drop of bitterness. She was perfect for me if she could cast a weaken debuff. Perhaps I must change more than one team position.

Yes, I am happy with the draw and I will have a lot to do to get some helpful champs out of the new crowd. And yes, it felt a bit like a X-Mas gift.

Dec 27, 2019, 00:4112/27/19
Dec 27, 2019, 00:43(edited)
11/06/19

@ TRIEG

I am so sorry to hear you had such rotten luck! I guess the bright side is the odds are heavily stacked in your favor to get something good, soon. I mean 100 pulls with nothing to show for it should mean some really good stuff coming up. In the meantime my advice would be to accomplish as many in-game goals as you can, earn those shards (a free one today BTW) and pull another group, but only of what you have earned in reaching your various goals. If you have an excess of gems go ahead and get another Ancient pack. Try again.

If you still don't get any Legendarys, take the time to learn about all your champions. Some Rares and Epics are almost as good. If you gear them right, level them up and fully ascend them, you can do some serious damage in the game. That's what I did. Just made the best out of what I had. Learned everyone's skills. Geared them according to their type and abilities. Watched them fight, Changed gear as needed. Threw some skill books and potions at the ones I found I used the most, that did the most damage or helped the best. Saved the Legendary tomes though for future Legendarys, just used the other two types. And of course I have a steady collection of food I am ranking up.

I just focus on the Events and Championships. I try to kill two birds with one stone. For example, I upgrade all 2* gear and higher to at least level 4. My food gets the 2* gear, my main fighters are custom built with the 3*+ gear. In doing this I earn points for the Artifact Enhancement event, and in ranking up my food and main fighters, I get points for the Champion Training. I use Mystery Shards to meet my summon goals every day, and i earn pints in a Summoning Rush. All the while I am learning how my champions work, singly and together, and I am getting more gear.

Don't know if that helps or not, but that is my process. Save the better shards for the double rates, Use Mystery shards for all others. Keep meeting goals. Lots of cool Champions you can earn just doing that!

@ MORANA

You will find the Decrease Attack debuff to be almost as good as any weaken. I just used Martyr on the clan boss, and between that and her Shield Buff/Counterattack, I was able to do over a million damage for the first time in one fight. Using Kael, Steel Bowyer, Mistress of Hymns and Aethel together with her.

That Decrease Attack is deadly for your opponent, and likely more powerful than what your other champs cast.

@ Everyone Else

I just used my free Ancient shard. My last pull after my first pull which netted me Martyr I didn't get much of anything. But this single pull got me a cool looking dude called Cagebreaker! Looks like a pretty good Epic, so I have no complaints it is not a Legendary. Gonna build him up and throw him into some fights where I am sure he will be very good.