All Categories

Potion drop rate DOES go higher in higher stages.

Search
Dec 12, 2019, 23:2112/12/19
10/22/19

Hi there, fellow raiders! :) 

I was farming potions in preparation for the fusion event and notice that the RNG is cruel to me. 

17-20 runs+ only lesser potions in Magic keep highest 10 energy stage( 11 or 12 was it). 

In Arcane keep though, at highest 10 energy stage I can go with 3 food champs and get some extra experience on top of the potions and there the drop rate kinda similar - a sea of lesser potions and occasionally a drop of greater and even more rare drops of superior, which kinda make sense. 

What I've notice is that you can get 2 superior drop or 2-3 greater drop(even 4, if I remember correctly). But still very rare to drop those potions even 1 in the first place.

I decided to go and test my drop rates on the first 12 energy stage( 11 or 12 I guess) and not much of a change, or not one I've seen.
So I went further and attacked higher levels that I haven't fought before and reached stage 13.

Now, stage 13 in Arcane keep dropped 3 greater potions and next 2 greater potions back to back. Of course next few were lesser and now I need to go back to it when my energy goes up. 

The point is, it is clear as day, that higher stages have better chances to drop greater or superior potions. 

Yes, the rates are still kinda... not something to be excited about but it is definitely worth it to go for the highest possible dungeon. At least for my 10 or 12 energy stage choice. 

Probably, if you can't farm stage 13 or higher, it's best to stick to the max 10 energy stage you can farm. 

p.s. If anyone that is farm higher stages than 13 and have seen drops of 5+ greater potions or 3+ superior potions, PLEASE join in and let us know if those exist. This will give us big hopes of sniping good drops and at least gives us some peace of mind, while we waiting on some drop rates changes or RNG serves us a good day at the keeps. :) 

Good luck to everyone in the upcoming events and let us hope, it will be fun, interesting and rewarding to participate in them. :)

Views
Comments
Comments
OpheliaA1Moderator
Dec 13, 2019, 03:0112/13/19
03/11/19

Hello SEEKTHEMOUT

great piece of research you got going there, and yes indeed, drop rates increase as you go higher stages, it just seems like it doesnt on low amount of runs, but evens out over lots of runs

enjoy 

Dec 19, 2019, 22:0812/19/19
12/19/19
You base your "clear as day" research on the fact you got 2 lucky drops in a row?  My first ever ancient shard was a legendary.  Based on that research clear as day ancient shards have 100% legendary drop rate.  30-40 later and no legendarys have dropped...
Dec 20, 2019, 09:2712/20/19
10/22/19

Loki1982 said:

You base your "clear as day" research on the fact you got 2 lucky drops in a row?  My first ever ancient shard was a legendary.  Based on that research clear as day ancient shards have 100% legendary drop rate.  30-40 later and no legendarys have dropped...

My post is about the increased chance for potion drops based on farming a higher keep stages. 

And even thought that chance might be slight its there, also the drop itself is higher in quantity, or at least you might get higher number of potions in a lucky drop.  

You can still get 2superior potions on the first stage that drops them, lucky one, and 3 greater drop, but on higher stages you can get 4 greater potions drop. 

I'm still yet to see 5+ greater and 3+ superior. I think i had 1 3xsuperior drop thou. 

I still have 3 more stages to reach to the end, so not sure of the full potential/ the max drop luck amount. 

Is it 5 greater and 3 superior, or is there even a bigger drop possible like 6-7 greater and 4-5 superior as equivalent of ancient shard drop? I don't know. 

If someone knows, please share.
Dec 22, 2019, 17:5912/22/19
08/28/19
While preparing for the Christmas event to come (before it started, so didn't know what color to farm), I farmed all 5 keep 15 for several hours, got about 50 sup, 250 greater and 1200 lesser in each color, so it seems like at level 15 the chances of getting pots are 5x from one pot level to the next. I don't know what the progression of chances look like across keep levels.