All Categories

Careful Planning of Resources vs Autoclicker

Search
Nov 27, 2019, 01:0611/27/19
09/14/19

Plarium has repeatedly told us that they will not:

1. Lower the cost of swapping gear because it would give the attacker an unfair advantage in the arena and we need to carefully plan our use of resources.

2. Alter the energy pool or regeneration rate because people may get an unfair advantage in tournaments or events and we need to use careful planning of resources.

After fusing Harvest Jack I immediately regretted it because the real legendary this Halloween was Madam Serris, and I didn't have the resources to fuse Brakus. Who would have thought they would follow up a fusion event for Halloween, after Halloween, with the better Halloween Legendary??!!! I WISH I HAD KNOWN THAT I NEVER WOULD HAVE FUSED HARVEST JACK. I was so excited that I was going to be able to do my first fusion event and get my first legendary that I foolishly wasted all my resources on that and missed out on the chance to get Brakus, who would have been worth it. 

I regret this ALSO because that means I DID NOT get to continue working on the champions I needed to progress to floor 20 in dungeons, or max out mysteries, or farm the gear needed for these champions, or the silver needed to upgrade or swap gear when I  fail and try again.

It's very sad when 95+% of my time in this game is spent grinding or farming. I would say that less than 5% of the time I play this game is spent strategizing.  Its not that simple to test out 4 different champions against Spider 9 or Ice Golem 14. I can't just try out different gear either on these champions to conquer the pve side of this game.

Now, if I cared enough to download some other program to do the farming for me overnight, then I could spend every other week devoting my resources to farming/grinding and every other week on testing out my ideas, different gears.  Is this what Plarium means when they say "careful planning of resources"?  They want us to be like all these streamers and whales who aren't actually playing or enjoying the game 95% of the time their account is active?  Is that why all the events and tournaments are so 'challenging'?  The point values are so unrealistic to anyone who is NOT using an auto-clicker.

It seems like Plarium is designing a lot of these events and tournaments based on numbers and data collected from waaaaay too many accounts that are using auto-clicker programs.

As for 1, Plarium refuses to lower or remove the cost of gear swapping.... Its not and 'unfair advantage' if EVERYONE has the same ability to swap out their gear......You could find another way to stop that anyhow, by blocking people from re-attacking the same defense team in the arena.  As it stands now, the attacker already has the unfair advantage of being able to change champions after losing to a team in the arena to counter the gear set on that defense team (I do this frequently and usually beat the team I just lost to).  Adding the ability to change gear isn't really that much different, and most people would probably not bother to switch the gear just to kill a specific defense team in the arena anyway because that is tedious and its much easier to just use a different champion.  UNFORTUNATELY, the cost of swapping out gear gives auto-clickers an unfair advantage EVERYWHERE because they have the time to waste farming all the silver and gears to over-gear whatever arena defense team or floor of a dungeon they are on anyway. SO. Why not just let us swap out gear? I mean, I really want to know if a different gear set can keep Fenax alive in Ice Golem 15; and then maybe swap it back if it didn't really help that much, or swap it to something different.  And that's me enjoying the strategy aspect of the game.  As it is now, I don't have the silver to upgrade all this gear, and swap it out to see if it will keep Fenax alive. So, it took me 3 weeks to farm the gear, upgrade the gear, and swap out the gear to test this, and now I just don't do Ice Golem anymore. I'll have to wait for like another month of grinding on some other champions, or silver I guess.  When the game starts its great, seems like so much fun, then, you reach a certain level and you run out of resources to have fun :( And its not like anything in the shop really gives you what you need to keep having fun (at a reasonable price), so why would I buy shards for the chance to get some champion I don't have the resources to upgrade or test out?

As for 2, Plarium refuses to ease the slow drip of energy, well, if I can't play the game, and playing the game punishes me when I need to try out different strategies.... How much longer will I be playing this game?  Why not just make all dungeons and campaigns the same as faction wars? No experience, no silver, no loot if you lose but also no energy loss for a loss. That way I can actually enjoy testing out strategies without so much time spent grinding in between that I completely forget what strategies, champions, and gear I was even grinding for in the first place.

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 27, 2019, 02:4011/27/19
Nov 27, 2019, 02:40(edited)
09/11/19

I'm not sure what you are complaining about. All the things you said are happening and it gives a huge disadvantage to the players who really like to pay for the the game, quite right

And I agree that the fusion after Harvest Jack was really fast and everybody understands that this is not feasible for players who don't have the cash but do like to play the game. The thing is, don't reach for the highest ladder when doing so. Just concentrate on your own progress and see what it does for you, since every progress comes with a lot of sweat and is well earned. Enjoy it

Every game is divided into players who like to play the game and the players who just have the money to get what they feel is theirs, the best champs, the highest scores, the best rewards

If you like to play the game like that, then spend money, and if you don't have the money, play your own game. I have successes, though small and I will never set food in the platinum arena for obvious reasons. Hey, if I can dig a little gold, I'm happy. No platinum is required in the townhall.

Relax and enjoy
Nov 27, 2019, 09:4611/27/19
03/11/19
Wait did you rate brakus higher than jack? This got me. Both are garbage 😂
Nov 27, 2019, 11:2111/27/19
09/11/19
FreeGrifter said:

It seems like Plarium is designing a lot of these events and tournaments based on numbers and data collected from waaaaay too many accounts that are using auto-clicker programs.

SO. Why not just let us swap out gear? I mean, I really want to know if a different gear set can keep Fenax alive in Ice Golem 15; and then maybe swap it back if it didn't really help that much, or swap it to something different.  And that's me enjoying the strategy aspect of the game.  As it is now, I don't have the silver to upgrade all this gear, and swap it out to see if it will keep Fenax alive. So, it took me 3 weeks to farm the gear, upgrade the gear, and swap out the gear to test this

good point
Nov 27, 2019, 16:3911/27/19
09/14/19

Taureck said:

I'm not sure what you are complaining about. All the things you said are happening and it gives a huge disadvantage to the players who really like to pay for the the game, quite right

You certainly didn’t understand. I’m not complaining about the paywall, I’m complaining about the autoclicker wall.

I honestly think Plarium has done a decent job of limiting what they offer for sale so that it’s not really pay to win, but pay for more chances.

I’m frustrated with the sheer amount of time I have to waste doing the boring grind aspect of the game in order to do the fun strategy exploration part of the game.
KiwiMcSheepModerator
Nov 28, 2019, 10:0711/28/19
Nov 28, 2019, 10:08(edited)
09/18/18

Hey Hey

Thank you, for taking the time and providing this intensive feedback, I will highlight this thread to the CM's and Dev's.

Though I am very hopeful future changes that will help some of the subjects you have touched on, I don't know anything but with the amount of feedback one can only hope :)

many thanks and good luck