All Categories

Arena Advice

Arena Advice

Search
Nov 26, 2019, 13:2011/26/19
10/20/19

Arena Advice

I've been playing for 6 weeks and my arena team is lackluster. I can't get past Silver I, and I often lose to teams that are "weaker" (as measured by team power). It may be partly a gearing issue (among other things, I may need more speed), but also I've clearly made some bad choices and had some bad luck regarding my arena heroes. For now my question is, which hero to replace next and with whom:

Current team: Galak level 60, Basilisk level 50, High Khatun level 50, War Mother level 50

Potential replacements: Coldheart, War Maiden, Kael,  Elhain, Seeker, Zargala, Miscreated Monster

Galak is my only level 60 so far and isn't going anywhere, and I'm happy with High Khatun (team lead). Basilisk may eventually be replaced, but for now I think War Mother is my weak link. Fine in long battles where her bombs can go off, but there aren't many of those. But who to replace her with? Leaning toward War Maiden at the moment. Some of the the others are arguably "better," but perhaps not as good a fit. Another factor: War Maiden is farmable, so skill upgrades are easier.

Suggestions? I would experiment with different combinations, except all the replacements are currently level 40 - I need to decide who to promote to 5 stars next.

(FTP, except I did buy the black Friday special, somewhat regretting it as I did not pull a legendary or exceptional epic with my sacred shard.) 

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 26, 2019, 13:3111/26/19
Nov 26, 2019, 13:39(edited)
04/12/19

i would try zargala, you will eventually 6* her anyway,

I do not have her myself but it is champion to focus on early in arena.

another good option is seeker for atk buff and TM increase / provoke.

gear champions speed to go in order:

speed buffs, def debuff / atk buff, nuke

composition might be correct but if your nuker goes before buffs / debuffs - it is wasted potential and much harder to win fights that way ...

without speed buffs you might be faster than enemy initially, but then there goes enemy seeker and they move before you ...

Nov 26, 2019, 13:5611/26/19
05/18/19

1. Seeker/Khatun moves first gives turn meter, speed boost and ATK buff.

2. Zargala with high accuracy places decrease defense debuf 
3. Galek finish all with AoE

Nov 26, 2019, 14:2711/26/19
Nov 26, 2019, 15:47(edited)
10/20/19

Thanks guys, very helpful (especially the bit about making sure the right heroes go first, should have been obvious to me but wasn't). But one follow-up, regarding skill upgrades:

I can see how Zargala, and maybe some others, are, all else being equal, better choices than War Maiden. But:

(1) My War Maiden already has 3 skill upgrades (from farming). The others (except I think Kael and Coldheart) do not.

(2) Skill upgrades going forward are going to be easier for War Maiden, mainly through farming. (I also have more of the relevant skill books saved up for War Maiden, 9 versus 5.)

(3) Zargala (and the other epic alternatives) "competes" for skill books with Basilisk and High Khatun (neither of whom is maxed out, Basilisk needs 5 more & High Khatun needs 8). War Maiden has them all to herself (at least if I consider my arena team only - Galak is already maxed out in skills).

So the question becomes: does the ability to skill her up much more easily make War Maiden a better choice?  Skill upgrades are the one upgrade in the game that (except for farmable heroes) are not farmable.

Nov 26, 2019, 15:2511/26/19
Nov 26, 2019, 15:42(edited)
10/20/19

I'd add that skill books are a big reason that I'm replacing War Mother. She has had no skill upgrades. I do have 3 legendary books, but I'm saving them for my first good legendary (so far she's my only one, only 1 for 4 in legendaries from sacred shards so far :()

To further (over)analyze my choices, I suppose that, even if War Maiden is a better choice for the short run because of skill upgrades, Zargala may be a better choice for the long run. The question is: am I likely to want to upgrade that slot anyway at some point (assuming that I get the right legendary or exceptional epic)? Or is Zargala a good choice for the long run?
Nov 26, 2019, 16:2411/26/19
Nov 26, 2019, 16:26(edited)
05/18/19

In my opinion Zargala is very good epic, she is great in arena and dungeons clearing waves aswell. I had some decent epics before I get Zargala, and only when I get her I replaced some of them for her, even if they where booked already. And, she is doing her job very well, boosting my AoE attackers by her AoE decrease defense debuf.

I suggest you to concentrate on building her. But you can check aswell by yourself which one of them (Maiden or Zargala) is better for you now. But I think Zargala has more potential to lead you to win the fight when something go wrong and you don't kill enemies, she can survive and correct her debuf and attack by her A2 if she kill enemy. Warmaiden has no such option in next round.

Edit. PS. High Khatun IMO don't need to be booked, it's enough when he just gives an Aura by leading and puts his boost TM.
Nov 26, 2019, 20:3111/26/19
10/20/19

Thanks, I plan to follow your advice.

One side issue - Galek and Basilisk are geared for campaign rather than arena. (each has a lifesteal set). I am starting to realize just how big a difference that makes. Galek I can't really switch, because I need him for campaign farming. Basilisk I maybe can, though that will make progression on nightmare harder or impossible. Maybe not a huge deal; I've already cleared brutal.
Nov 27, 2019, 02:2711/27/19
Nov 27, 2019, 02:30(edited)
05/13/19

The set up you want to aim for + skills you want to do in the beginning is the following:

Leader - Highest Speed Aura - You Have Access To <---------------------------------------High Khatun - 19%

1st move - Team Turn Meter Filler + Speed Buffer <------------------------------------------High Khatun

2nd move - Team Increase Attack 50% <---------------------------------------------------------You don't seem to have one

3rd move - AOE Decrease Enemy Defense 60% & Weaken 25% <-----------------------Zargala or War Maiden 

4th move - AOE Damage Dealer <------------------------------------------------------------------Galek or War Mother

Zargala & War Maiden are both used for the same thing.

You only need to use 1 of them.

Zargala is better because she hits a lot harder vs. War Maiden.

Zargala can kill heroes with the damage she does.

However, Zargala & War Maiden are not really long term heroes.

War Maiden is a Beginner hero ---> Rare Hero

Zargaala is a Intermediate hero ---> Epic Hero

Long Term Hero -----------------------> Legendary Hero

Zargala & War Maiden apply Decrease Enemy Defense, but they don't apply Weaken.

Long Term Hero - You will have will probably be Rhazin - Fuse able at the Summoning Portal

Rhazin does both Def Down 60% + Weaken 25%.

People still use Zargala in some of the higher stages of Dungeons & Zargala is seen a lot in Gold Tier Arena's

However, Rhazin is a King in Dungeons & Arena, too!

Using Zargala over War Maiden will elevate your team over all damage vs. players who are forced to use War Maiden because they didn't get any good shard pulls.

However, you can still progress with out a Zargala.

I don't have a Zargala - I fused Rhazin.

My Rhazin will tier a Zargala Apart by himself.

So again use the Hero you are most comfortable with.

Galek & War Mother are Damage Dealing Attackers.

Your Galek is level 60 + Fully Ascended + Fully Booked - It stands to reason you should use him 

Your Galek in his current state can probably do more damage vs. War Mother in her current state.

The game gave War Mother a buff.

War Mother as 100% Chance to place Attack Down 50%.

I don't know your Clan Boss Situation.

However, most players run Attack Down heroes in Clan Boss.

If you don't have a hero which does Attack Down to the Clan Boss, You are probably going to have to 6 star War Mother for your team.

This would mean your War Mother will probably get to level 60 + Full Ascension + Fully Booked.

Most heroes used in Clan Boss need to be Fully Tome - So yeah 

Long Term - Your War Mother might dish out more pain vs. Galek.

You will simply have to monitor the Damage numbers your War Mother does in comparison to Galek. 

All that matters is who does the most damage

Your Damage Dealer in Arena is the Hero who is going to annihilate the enemy team in a single blow.

You don't care what Rarity the hero is.

You don't care what Faction the hero is.

All you care about is picking the hero who Destroys the Enemy Team better!

You just want to make 100% sure - They are dropping people like a bad habit.

• Crit Rate 100%
  • Crit Damage 200%+
  • Atk % 4k+ 

In Regard to your statements about Skill Tomes!

The only Skill you want on High Khatun to be booked is her A2 - Turn Meter Skill

The other skills don't matter because you are not planning to use them.

The only Skill you want on Zargala to be booked are her A2 & A3 - The Decrease Enemy Defense Skill

The A2 unlocks the A3.

You want the A2 to hit really hard + have a low cool down

You want the A3 to have increased 25% chance of placing Decrease Enemy Defense.

The other skills don't matter.

The only Skill you want on War Maiden to be booked is her A3 - The Decrease Enemy Defense Skill

The other skills don't matter - You are only using her for 1 move.

Galek & War Mother are Damage Dealers.

You normally book your Damage Dealers to max so they can get increased Damage Percentages to hit like a Truck.

Should you book War Mother?

Well that decision is up to you.

I WOULD NEVER USE WAR MOTHER!

Just look at War Mother - She is massively overweight for her size.

Just look at War Mother - Insects are flying around her - Total Lack of Personal Hygiene.

War Mother is nothing more to me than a Smelly, Fat 5 Star Chicken.

It is fitting that War Mother places "Bombs" because she is a ticking Time Bomb herself. 

War Mother is 1 Sandwich away from having a Heart Attack.

I can't be bothered login every day to see such a character on my account.

War Mother represents the growing obesity problem in the United States.

I don't care if she is a Legendary or not.

I'm not using her.

If you want to use her, Go ahead.

You do you!

Nov 27, 2019, 10:3611/27/19
Nov 27, 2019, 10:38(edited)
05/18/19

Player J you're not right in some point about Rhazin and Zargala. I have both of them and to one shot enemy team with AoE nuker better is to use Zargala, becouse she has AoE decrease defense. Rhazin have this debuf with weaken, but only for 1 target. Zargala has a weaken debuf in her A1, which is also 1 target debuf. So her advantage over Rhazin is she can debuf whole enemy at one skill. And that's the reason she is better for AoE dmg dealers(like Galek). 

Rhazin is better, but for a high defense team, he can easly deplete enemies TM to 0, so your champions can buff themselves, and start killing or debufing before enemy moves, but this is strategy for longer fights with another highly defense teams. The truth is you have to make 2 strategy teams in Gold IV to switch them according with who you gonna fight. But it's for advanced intermediate players. So it's better now for him to concentrate on things I said some post earlier.
Nov 27, 2019, 12:2711/27/19
Nov 27, 2019, 12:34(edited)
05/13/19

Rughes said:

Player J you're not right in some point about Rhazin and Zargala. I have both of them and to one shot enemy team with AoE nuker better is to use Zargala, becouse she has AoE decrease defense. Rhazin have this debuf with weaken, but only for 1 target. Zargala has a weaken debuf in her A1, which is also 1 target debuf. So her advantage over Rhazin is she can debuf whole enemy at one skill. And that's the reason she is better for AoE dmg dealers(like Galek). 

I’m not wrong.

Let’s say the OP uses the team - I am saying:

• High Khatun
  • SpiritHost 
  • Rhazin
  • Galek

The battle will go the following way in Arena:

Leader: High Khatun - 19%

1st move - High Khatun - Turn Meter Fill

2nd move - SpiritHost - Increase Attack 50%

3rd move - Rhazin - AOE Reduce Enemy Turn Meter to 0

4th move - Galek - AOE Damage 

5th move - High Khatun - Reduce Enemy Turn Meter 15%

6th move - SpiritHost - Attack 1 Target

7th move - Rhazin - Target Last Hero Alive - Single Target - Decrease Def + Weaken

8th move - Galek - A3 - 4 Hits on who ever left alive

All those moves will happen before the enemy team makes 1 move.

The combination of Rhazin reducing enemy turn meter + High Khatun reducing enemy turn meter will cause enemy to not take turn.

They will get 1 shot by that set up.

It is a very strong set up.

Rhazin is Top Tier Legendary.

Rhazin can be built dozens of different ways.

Rhazin can be used practically everywhere.

There is only 3 Locations were players rated Rhazin with Low Score.

• Spider Den 

Rhazin use to be rated bad for Spider, until players discovered the Tanky Strategy to Defeat Spider 20.

Spider 20 is Spirit Affinity.

Spirit Affinity has advantage over Force Affinity

Spider 20 AI spiders like to Target Force Heroes 

Players Made Strategy to Defeat Spider 20 using Rhazin to lure the Spiders - They built Rhazin with High Defense + High Resist

Thus, Rhazin is 5 star

• Campaign

Rhazin use to be rated bad for Campaign 

The reason why is because Rhazin is a slow farmer.

Players rated him low score because they wanted a 10 second Speed Farmer for Brutal, BUT TIMES HAVE CHANGED

The Game has Released Nightmare Campaign - Trying to win with an Attack Type hero isn’t very Practical any more 

The Campaign stages are to tough for most Attack Types to get thru.

Players are using High Defense or High Health Champions to Farm Nightmare.

Thus, Rhazin is 5 star

• Spirit Dungeon

Rhazin got low score for Spirit Potion Dungeon because the monsters in that dungeon are counter affinity.

Rhazin has decreased chance of doing his Debuffs in that dungeon.

However, The monsters in that dungeon are weak - They can’t kill a well built Rhazin - lol

It becomes a stale mate - They can’t kill him - He can’t really kill them.

This is why he is rated at 4 Star

Nevertheless, The OP didn’t say he had Rhazin.

I don’t know if the OP has fused him, yet.

I was just sharing some sight to the OP.

He can use Zargala or War Maiden.

They both are fine options.

It just depends on how much he wants to invest.

Nov 27, 2019, 17:5711/27/19
Nov 27, 2019, 17:57(edited)
10/20/19

Thanks guys, a lot to think about, and obviously a LONG way for me to go. Especially since I am still struggling in Arena, barely able to stay in Silver I despite team upgrades (though Zaragala is not quite ready to replace war mother). It just seems the opposing teams are getting stronger. :(

That said, based on your responses, one follow-up question:

Assuming High Khatun and Galek are part of my arena team for the long term, and Zaragala for the medium term at least, maybe eventually replaced by Rhazin (who I don't have yet), the next question is who replaces Basilisk on my team? None of my potential replacements listed in my OP seems to fit the bill. However, I do have Spirithost (obviously, as she is farmable). Does she indeed make a good 4th? High Khatun/Zaragala/Spirithost/Galek? Should I work on her after Zaragala?

Also would it make sense to (eventually) replace Galek as my primary campaign hero, so I can gear him appropriately for Arena? Currently he can solo everything in brutal, which makes him ideal for farming, but only because he has the lifesteal set, which handicaps him in Arena (because he doesn't hit hard enough). Also it sounds like he is less than ideal for Nightmare (makes sense, as he is maxed out, except for masteries, and can't get far so far in nightmare).

Sadly all of this is going to take a ton of farming.

Nov 27, 2019, 19:1611/27/19
05/18/19
Do not be worry, I assume you're just stepping into mid-game, so just chillout, focus more on dungeons and collecting gear, and wait for a better heroes to drop, and than think about arena, and NM campaign. 
Nov 27, 2019, 23:0311/27/19
Nov 27, 2019, 23:11(edited)
05/13/19

lmaggitti said:

However, I do have Spirithost (obviously, as she is farmable). Does she indeed make a good 4th? High Khatun/Zaragala/Spirithost/Galek? Should I work on her after Zaragala

The set up you should have is the following 4 heroes:

• High Khatun
  • Seeker
  • Zaragala
  • Galek

Players who pull 0 shards or 0 good heroes have to use Farmable Rare heroes to make a functional Arena Team

The Farmable beginner set up is the following heroes:

• Diabolist
  • Spirit host
  • War Maiden
  • Starter

You are not like the people above!

You have managed to pull & acquire some good Epics.

Basically, You can make a stronger team.

Diabolist ------> is getting replaced by High Khatun

Spirit Host ---> is getting replaced by Seeker

War Maiden -> is getting replaced by Zaragala

Starter --------> You are only missing a stronger Damage Dealer to replace Galek with.

Nov 29, 2019, 16:3511/29/19
10/20/19

Thanks guys. Even with Zaragala and Seeker 5 starred but still not leveled all the way to 50, and Galek still geared for Campaign, my team is performing MUCH better. 

Next Questions I guess is who next to star up & level to 60 & who to spend my remaining skill books on. Pretty sure the answer to both questions is Zaragala. 
Nov 29, 2019, 17:2611/29/19
05/18/19
In my opinion, yes, totally Zargala.
Nov 30, 2019, 03:1911/30/19
05/13/19

In my opinion:

• I would use Tomes on Seeker
  • I would use Rank Up Food on Zargala

The truth is I hate Zargala.

There is nothing about Zargala that impresses me.

People run around saying Zargala is amazing - Zargala is awesome - Zargala is the meaning of life - Blah Blah Blah

Do you know what I see when I see Zargala?

I see nothing more than a Gimmick Hero!

Zargala is a Joke!

Zargala Decrease Enemy Defense isn't 100% Chance.

It will sort of, might of, go on the enemy, It is Luck Based - Gimmick Garbage.

Zargala takes 15 Epic Tomes to Fully Max Out.

What a Total Tome Hog!

Good Luck - Getting more Epic Tomes in this game.

The only reason you should use Zargala is because War Maiden is Worse!

You have to pick between 2 Trash Heroes.

Zargala is just the better Trash.

Zargala has only 700 Defense. 

Yeah - How long does she survive when heroes hit back at her? 

Total Weak Sauce of a hero - Can't even take a hit.

This is why I am telling you to increase Zargala to level 60.

Zargala can't function as a level 50.

Zargala needs the extra base stats + ascension + accessories to function better.

If I had the option between maxing out Seekers Skills vs. maxing out Zargala Skills, I would max Seekers skills all day long & twice on Sunday.

Seeker needs 7 Books - that's it!

The A2 on Seeker is insane - 30% Turn Meter Fill for an Epic 

He does more Turn meter than most Legendry's

The A1 Provoke on Seeker is a Gamble, but who cares? -  if the Provoke lands it can win games!

Seeker ability to provoke a hero in Arena Fights can single handily win you games.

Seeker is so amazing - he can function at level 50.

He doesn't need to be level 60 to be a killer.