All Categories

Advice on Discord for clan chat?

Search
Aug 11, 2024, 21:5908/11/24
05/05/24

Hi all.  I've seen some folks mention Discord being used for clan chat since in-game chat leaves something to be desired.  I signed up on the RSL Discord, and I'm kinda lost.

Are folks creating their own server, are they doing a thread?  How do you verify someone posting is one of your clan mates since Discord names and in-game RSL names vary?

Any advice on how folks use that will help.  Thanks!

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 11, 2024, 22:4608/11/24
Aug 11, 2024, 22:48(edited)
12/16/21

In my cluster we have our own discord server, with channels for each clan, but also ones for shared topics, for instance various dungeons, cursed city, active events, etc

One of our rules is that your discord name and in-game name have to match (with a couple exceptions for people who have alts in-game)

Note that in discord you can set your *display* name for each server you join, it doesn;t have to be your account name.

The hardest part is getting clan members in-game to join the discord, since it's damned near impossible to get someone to notice clan chat, and there's no direct messaging

Aug 14, 2024, 14:2008/14/24
Aug 14, 2024, 14:23(edited)
05/05/24

Do you find that folks, since participation seems universally tough to count on, jump out of your clan and cluster often and you have to replenish often?

And if not, do they instead go red with weeks of inactivity?  I've been univiting folks at between 14 and 21 days of not even bothering to check in, but active participation is low in general.  Which I don't get because are definite advantages to clan activity.

I get books, potions, shards, energy, chickens, you name it.  I have enough cruel amd immortal gear to outfit faction wars roster additions for quite some time in epic and leggo gear.  It's tough to understand how that isn't an easy choice to participate.

Aug 14, 2024, 14:2508/14/24
05/05/24

And where I'm going with this is that if I can't even get check-ins, then it seems there is little point to Discord.  I dunno. 🤪

Aug 14, 2024, 17:1208/14/24
12/19/19
karcher

And where I'm going with this is that if I can't even get check-ins, then it seems there is little point to Discord.  I dunno. 🤪

You need to find a new clan 

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 14, 2024, 19:5908/14/24
12/30/20
Trips

bingo. def needs to find an active clan ASAP. 

Aug 14, 2024, 20:2908/14/24
10/08/17
Trips

pretty much this

with 1000s  of clans in this game , shop around  until you find what your looking for

Now if your speaking about building your own clan well then be prepared to roll up the sleeves and do some heavy recruiting

But there are very active loyal clans  out there with 25+ members  out of 30 who commit to this game and the clan they are in

example   Raid  or Die  (selfish plug)  

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 15, 2024, 00:4708/15/24
Aug 15, 2024, 01:03(edited)
02/24/19
karcher

You're the newbie who started a newbie clan, right? 

Building a stable competitive clan from scratch takes years, and that's not hyperbole. You'll lose people constantly for inactivity, and be constantly recruiting for a couple years. You'll have reds as long as you're accepting noobs, who start the game and then get bored if it. Just the way it is, you'll be kicking reds until you're strong enough to reject all accounts under a couple million power. 

You'll then have departures until you're downing every boss in the game, cause why would people stay with you for less rewards when they can double them or more by simply switching? 

Even after you start getting UNM CB down daily, even after you start getting NM Hydra down weekly, even after you're stable, you'll be recruiting at least one every few months due to natural turnover.

Once again, humbly, my advice for you is to find a clan to join, advance your account until it's strong enough to down UNM CB and to top chest Hydra. If you want to go start a clan after that, after your account is strong enough and you're knowledgeable enough to be worth joining, then you can go set sail into clan leadership. 

No worries if you want to keep trying your own thing, but know that you'll be constantly recruiting until you're good enough to down UNM CB for your clan, and it's hard to recruit and hold players that can help you do that until you're already doing that. The major Catch 22 of starting your own.

Aug 15, 2024, 23:5308/15/24
05/05/24
harleQuinn

You're the newbie who started a newbie clan, right? 

Building a stable competitive clan from scratch takes years, and that's not hyperbole. You'll lose people constantly for inactivity, and be constantly recruiting for a couple years. You'll have reds as long as you're accepting noobs, who start the game and then get bored if it. Just the way it is, you'll be kicking reds until you're strong enough to reject all accounts under a couple million power. 

You'll then have departures until you're downing every boss in the game, cause why would people stay with you for less rewards when they can double them or more by simply switching? 

Even after you start getting UNM CB down daily, even after you start getting NM Hydra down weekly, even after you're stable, you'll be recruiting at least one every few months due to natural turnover.

Once again, humbly, my advice for you is to find a clan to join, advance your account until it's strong enough to down UNM CB and to top chest Hydra. If you want to go start a clan after that, after your account is strong enough and you're knowledgeable enough to be worth joining, then you can go set sail into clan leadership. 

No worries if you want to keep trying your own thing, but know that you'll be constantly recruiting until you're good enough to down UNM CB for your clan, and it's hard to recruit and hold players that can help you do that until you're already doing that. The major Catch 22 of starting your own.

Yep, that's me.  The newbie who started a newbie clan.  The clan is Dusk Riders if you want to join.  😏  Haha.  Truth be told: I'm not ready to throw in the towel on my clan just yet.  I'm not far off of a new roster at CB suggested by kram to hopefully start letting the clan members feast on Hard CB.  I know you guys are right on the analysis, so no worries.