All Categories

Too many "Chests" for Tier Rewards in Events suddenly...

Search
Jul 3, 2024, 06:1207/03/24
07/01/22

I hope this current Dungeon Divers is a one-off, because having the 3 of the final 4 Rewards in the event be RNG Chests is very discouraging. I'm usually fine with a single Copper or Silver, or even one Platinum. This however is not ok. The reward variance is too much to even make it feel worth it ESPECIALLY since we don't know the % chances for each item to drop. I doubt it's equal for all items but even if it is, it's really frustrating.

To push that many points and see Eternal Soulstone or 1-3 Immortal Soulstones as options BUT then to pull a Epic Tome? Right after a Platinum Chest where you can get 5 Star Epic Ore... No. Just no.

I get it though, ok? I'll acknowledge the intent, it's a big part of the core concept of the game. The "Hope" factor driving people to chase the RNG. The problem here is it's not Guaranteed items that would make it worth it. 

I doubt I'm the only one who feels this way. Again, 1-2 Chests out of the 10-12 Rewards is fine. Not 5 though and certainly NOT as the Final Reward either.

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Jul 3, 2024, 14:3607/03/24
02/24/19

What does everyone else think? 

I've been asked for feedback on this. Cheers!

Jul 4, 2024, 11:5607/04/24
12/19/19
harleQuinn

I actually don't mind the concept, but the EV seems to be shit before doing actual math with shit rates.

So mostly shit rewards, with the shit having higher odds = 💩 

This algorithm is proprietary btw.

Can I say shit on the forum, or is that against the rules?

I did get an immortal soulstone and lego book from the 2 diamond chests. Decent rng.

Jul 4, 2024, 12:0307/04/24
12/16/21
harleQuinn

I haven't datamined the numbers, but it seems to me that you get WAY more participation in events with an actual reward like a lego book or a sacred shard than you do with a remote possibility of maybe getting one from an RNG chest.

Jul 4, 2024, 16:5507/04/24
10/17/22

The chests not the problem for me, it's the crap reward I usually get when I open it. But I agree there is too many, I  also think the same about charms being rewards in tournaments.

Jul 5, 2024, 06:0307/05/24
07/01/22
Ant

The chests not the problem for me, it's the crap reward I usually get when I open it. But I agree there is too many, I  also think the same about charms being rewards in tournaments.

On the note of charms, it would be really nice if they weren't random sometimes like in path events but that's another thread for a different day

Jul 5, 2024, 06:1407/05/24
12/16/21

Crazy idea: what if tournaments gave out some new currency as a reward instead, and there was a new clan shop/bazaar type market to spend them on the prize you want, with the option of saving up for bigger better rewards?

Jul 5, 2024, 06:1907/05/24
09/14/20

The chests have been a demotivator for me from the beginning. Why inventing a chest, in which I might get a reward like a epic skill tome with a 10% probability and 90% chance to get something worse than getting the epic tome directly?

Putting layers of RNG in the chest are just demotivating.

Take the Deck of Fate events for example.

You have a heavy RNG function to get three cards of the same color. Than, if you actually achieve this, you have another layer of RNG for the rewards. This is just demotivating.

Imagine 3 players turning all the cards in the Deck of Fate (Fatalis Blade event)  . They all made the same effort and put in some hefty ressources to turn all the cards

A hits none of the 3-card sequences -> he gets no extra rewards

B hits every of the 3- card sequences -> 6 green seqs, 4 blue seqs, 2 lila seqs -> he gets the 'minimum' rewards -> 150 brews - 3000 energy - 2000 energy

C hits every of the 3-card sequences and gets maximum rewards -> 18 mortal soulstones- 2 lego tomes + 2 immortal soul stones -1 Mythical Tome and 1 eternal soulstone

That is too much RNG...also look at current chests..

You get a chest for assumingly 1500 points in a dungeon run event...and get rewarded with 50k Silver...this is just demotivating.

Long text short summary: Feedback: Eliminate chests from the game

Jul 5, 2024, 06:2107/05/24
09/14/20
Trips

I actually don't mind the concept, but the EV seems to be shit before doing actual math with shit rates.

So mostly shit rewards, with the shit having higher odds = 💩 

This algorithm is proprietary btw.

Can I say shit on the forum, or is that against the rules?

I did get an immortal soulstone and lego book from the 2 diamond chests. Decent rng.

I think, the question about writing shit has been answered...;-)