All Categories

Question on speed (and mini-rant)

Search
May 30, 2024, 00:0905/30/24
05/05/24

Begin: Got my butt handed to me by a "lower-powered" Arena team, with the omni-present Sun Wukong/Kael, neither more than 5* and not very ascended.  The difference was Frostbringer that I hadn't seen before, but I'll sure remember her now. 😜 The mini-rant is missing the newbie code so I missed out on that free leggo. Ugh, the things you don't know when you don't know.  I never even got to attack with a single champion.  Shrug it off... Anyway:

End rant: How does one "Speed Tune"?  I've seen that used that many times in HH, Ayumilove, and on forums, but I have a wife, kid, job, mortgage, I don't have time to study things ad infinitum.  How do you set up a certain chain to happen, and know it will happen BEFORE your enemy does their thing?

Views
Comments
Comments
May 30, 2024, 00:3105/30/24
12/16/21

When it comes to arena, it's more about making sure your champs go in the right order rather than having an exact specific number; like you want to put buffs on your nuker *before* they use thier big hit

Having them go as close together as possible makes it less likely the enemy will get a turn inbetween them and interrupt the order.

May 30, 2024, 00:3505/30/24
06/25/20

Speed-tuning is almost exclusively a Clan Boss concept. Don't worry about it much elsewhere. What matters everywhere else is just making sure that your buffers/debuffers go before your nukers.

To your last question, there are only two ways to make your team act before theirs - either have your whole team be faster, which is generally quite difficult to pull off, or have an AoE CC champ that stops their team from acting. The latter is the more usual approach - you use a TM/speed booster, or possibly two, to push your CC champ up, and then have them CC the other team, giving your slower nuker the time to get a turn.

May 30, 2024, 01:2805/30/24
05/05/24

CC being crowd control?  Sorry, learning terminology. 🤣

May 30, 2024, 01:3205/30/24
12/16/21

yep