All Categories

Counters to Armanz and Tormin?

Search
May 24, 2024, 23:0405/24/24
09/21/23

I’m having a lot of trouble against Armanz and Tormin in Live Arena (currently in Gold 1). It’s especially bad if I’m forced to allow one or the other regardless, and then let the enemy claim more superior champions that I could have used. Armanz gets to disable my entire team for 2 turns by himself while the rest of his team destroy it at their leisure, while Tormin ends up freezing two of my heroes if I use my team turn meter buff with either Arbiter or Eostrid without him needing to do anything, he gets it in just by being part of the enemy party. Really ridiculous. So then, by himself, he shuts my entire team down which craves at least 2, sometimes 3, of my heroes to pull off a win via a go first decisive buffed nuke to their team. So I can do effectively nothing. If people are going to get their money’s worth on a champion then it should be to let them be competitive and not game breaking, so ridiculous. Very frustrating. He gets a chance to freeze the whole party with just his acc, while I need all four of mine to up their res enough to not be affected.

Anyone have any suggestions on what heroes I should develop (or try to get) to try to counter them? Maybe I’m also expecting too much being Level 76 with 2845 points in Gold 1 in Live Arena. Usually run into lots of level 100s.

Views
Comments
Comments
ShortOnSkillzModerator
May 24, 2024, 23:1805/24/24
06/24/19

Stoneskin and high res cleansers are gonna be two of your better options.  Also could outspeed and lockout or nuke Armanz if Tormin is absent.

May 24, 2024, 23:2805/24/24
09/21/23

Hm, well I have been using King Gallcobar in arena primarily for removing Stoneskin on my enemies, though his cleanse is also handy sometimes. He's specced with 250 Speed to keep up with the rest of my team and 463 Accuracy at the moment, with very little Resistance (73). Maybe I should do some sort of middle ground with him between Acc and Res, or one or the other, or make another cleanser with high res. The only other ones I have though are epic and rare, hmm. Well, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Good food for thought.

May 24, 2024, 23:4305/24/24
12/16/21

You're definitely gonna want a high-res cleanser and/or high-speed block debuffs champ in gold live unless you have some *really* strong fast nukers.

Pythion and Elva tend to be the go-tos. Mithrala is also good, but i don't see her as much in gold

May 24, 2024, 23:4305/24/24
12/19/19

For level 75ish you are doing great.  Treat live arena as a learning playground as half the teams you face will certainly have a heavy advantage on you, as I'm sure you've seen.  

May 25, 2024, 00:3405/25/24
09/21/23

Thanks guys! :) Very encouraging what all of you have said. Thank you!

May 25, 2024, 01:3705/25/24
12/16/21
Aranok_x8

Grinding live arena made me a much better player overall, but most of all for tag team:

Taking on teams in live that I normally never would have tried made me learn to get the most of out of my champs, and how to counter those meta champs that would just be a nope if i saw them in classic or tag..

May 25, 2024, 13:4405/25/24
12/19/19
Aranok_x8

The good news is eventually everyone will end up in gold based on the current system, so you should see a higher % of competitive matches over time. The bad news is your frequency of play will likely push you to g3 faster than you think. 😆 

Best advice is just ignore w/l ratio and get your 10 in a day. Even 1-9 is a win in my book. The live arena bonuses are tremendous, even moreso at lower levels. 

And as rat said, your learning curve will be exponentially greater than those ignoring live and 3v3.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
May 25, 2024, 13:5905/25/24
06/24/19
Trips

The good news is eventually everyone will end up in gold based on the current system, so you should see a higher % of competitive matches over time. The bad news is your frequency of play will likely push you to g3 faster than you think. 😆 

Best advice is just ignore w/l ratio and get your 10 in a day. Even 1-9 is a win in my book. The live arena bonuses are tremendous, even moreso at lower levels. 

And as rat said, your learning curve will be exponentially greater than those ignoring live and 3v3.

2 - 4 wins is honestly what I aim for every session now.  Wanna stay lower, cap quartz monthly and get it done fairly quick every day.