All Categories

Merciless Set ideas for Hydra (lets talk about something other than Clash Damage)

Merciless Set ideas for Hydra (lets talk about something other than Clash Damage)

Search
May 17, 2024, 04:3705/17/24
07/01/22

So the key thing about Merciless (for those who don't know) is that you can get the 4 piece set bonus with another 4 piece set, since you can use accessories. The 4 piece bonus reduces skill cooldowns when dealing damage, pretty powerful stuff. That being said:

My idea today is doing it on Lydia and Shamael. Shamael's A2 can hit really hard and he counterattacks from debuffs, so he can hit a lot and reduce his A2 pretty consistently.

(EDIT: Shamael's counterattack with his A1's ability does not seem to trigger Merciless)

My other thought is Lydia. Since the Fear head will trigger her A1, turning off her A3 she could get her A2 off a lot more often. It's a great skill for both buffs and debuffs.

A previous thought was Mikage and Yumeko with 4 Piece Relentless each (combined with Merciless). I know Yumeko is pretty controversial right now, but if you have 1 that pairing can be pretty powerful.

Anyone else got champions that can use Hydra mechanics to trigger Merciless more often to reduce CDs?

Views
Comments
Comments
May 17, 2024, 05:2105/17/24
06/25/20

Merciless at 4-piece is essentially Reflex. Which, yes, is useful, but it's not a gamechanger or anything. Somewhat curious if it stacks with Reflex, though. Could be fun.

May 17, 2024, 06:1905/17/24
07/01/22
kramaswamy.kr

Merciless at 4-piece is essentially Reflex. Which, yes, is useful, but it's not a gamechanger or anything. Somewhat curious if it stacks with Reflex, though. Could be fun.

Well if the champion can attack more often, it can be more powerful than reflex. I'd imagine they do stack, but champions with counterattack buff or passive effects can seriously ramp up. It also could be "Per hit" which would make someone like Trunda or Ma'Shallad even more powerful