All Categories

Live arena failures

Live arena failures

Search
May 14, 2024, 21:5305/14/24
03/26/24

Live arena failures

Live arena is a lazy, anti player nightmare.

Before the 5 year veterans and credit card warriors chime in, this isn't about "my champions aren't good enough" or lack of individual perseverance. This is about negative player engagement and guaranteed failure loops. 

There is no enjoyment to be had for the majority of the player base getting slaughtered in 9/10 Live arena fights because you've been matched against a player nobody could beat with your account. No strategy to learn or realistic outcome besides wasting your time and feeding whales. Easily solvable problem if Live tiers just took longer to advance through. I'd much rather win fights in bronze than lose 9/10 tries in silver to impossible odds. That's the major problem. I don't think most players would mind Live IF the fights were more realistic. 

Setting your players up for failure is a really awful business strategy. Again, this is an easily solvable issue that shouldn't get much pushback. 

Views
Comments
Comments
May 14, 2024, 22:0405/14/24
12/16/21

I agree matchmaking is a major problem in Raid.

I originally started saying this tongue-in-cheek, but more and more i think it would be an actual solution, or at least improvement:

Have tiers based on account spending.

Accounts that have spent over $10k USD (or whatever arbitrary amount) will only ever be matched against other accounts that have spent over $10k USD

Accounts that have spend $1-9k will only be matched with others in that range,

Accounts $100-$1000, etc blah blah blah

THEN sort by ladder score/team power/recent activity/whatever

I know for a fact it will never happen; it isnt commercially viable, a significant number of krakens are paying to win, and if they only faced other people who paid the same amount there wouldnt be any point to it.

But it might be worth it to bask in thier cries of anguish, if only for a day