All Categories

Updates/Downloads

Updates/Downloads

Search
May 13, 2024, 23:3105/13/24
05/08/17

Updates/Downloads

Fairly new player, just over a year.  Programmer for 50 years.  I don't have the fastest internet so downloads are always a pain.  Noticed that they are getting longer and harder to deal with.  Still dealing with this current download now days later.  Have my guesses on why.  ;-)

That being said, I would suggest downloads for different stages of the game.  Nothing worse then waiting days to play a new game if your internet speeds are poor.  A download for say no more then player level 30 (just wagging here on level) would be much faster for new players.  Then you add new downloads/patches (clan, arena, cursed city, etc...) when new content becomes available.  Would save allot of time and assuming server space etc..., especially when only a percentage continue on with the game.   Trying to get new player started and to be honest, he may punt and not even try the game as now been downloading for over a day.  

Views
Comments
Comments
May 13, 2024, 23:3305/13/24
05/08/17

... or maybe let them play the more limited game the way it is, instead of downloading the newer/higher level content.  

May 15, 2024, 23:4605/15/24
05/08/17

He still hasn't gotten the game downloaded.  I think he will be a new player who never even tries the game.  Kind of a shame actually, as I really think he would enjoy it.  Granted the internet speed/interuptions here are bad, but still I am sure not the only case of this that happens.