All Categories

Instant Rank-Up Programming is the Height of Stupidity.

Search
May 11, 2024, 14:5305/11/24
01/31/20

It is mostly useless because it appears to be selecting the food randomly and assigns at least one partially-levelled toon that I don't want to eat to every toon.  No one wants to feed L29 toons to rank up a L30 toon. This needs smarter base programming and more user-programmability.  

How does something this bad even get out of beta testing?  Oh, right, there probably was no beta testing....

i

Views
Comments
Comments
May 11, 2024, 15:5705/11/24
12/18/19

They need to improve on it alot before it becomes useful, when leveling it doesnt even factor in brews, then this ranking up with leveled food, that youre showing. Atm its just content made for the sake of making content lol.

The update itself i rather lame, tavern improvements, what improvements? xD

Skill tomes in one slot, noone has ever asked for this

Champion filter, why? never felt the need

Redesign news windows...really?

Like there are tons of really nice ideas thrown around out there, they dont have to lay a turd on the plate and call it delicacy 😂

May 11, 2024, 16:3205/11/24
01/31/20

I level my 3 star food to 14-15, my 4 star food to 19-21, and my 5 star food to 23.  Most players who know what they are doing do something very similar.  

There should be a way restrict the levels of the toons that get selected for feeding, and not programming that makes this a useless feature.  

May 11, 2024, 16:4205/11/24
06/25/20
WileyMan

I level my 3 star food to 14-15, my 4 star food to 19-21, and my 5 star food to 23.  Most players who know what they are doing do something very similar.  

There should be a way restrict the levels of the toons that get selected for feeding, and not programming that makes this a useless feature.  

I was going to say there is, in the advanced options screen. Then I actually looked, and noticed that, bizarrely, there isn't. You can prioritize using food over champs, and you can disable using certain types of champs - but you can't disable using champs that are not level 1, period.

BTW as an aside - I'm surprised you still bother with doing things efficiently. I'd expect you're probably at a similar progression to me, and at this point I value time much more than I do efficiency. Leveling food partially before using it just means spending more time.

May 11, 2024, 17:0605/11/24
11/16/20

Ive just ignored this and continue to level/rank up champions how I always have. Like wm was saying I take my 3 stars to 18, 4 stars to 21, ect. Always do 1 brew 3 commons to make 1 stars into 2 star food.

Cool that they are trying to make things easier but for min/max points and not messing up something there was nothing wrong with the old way.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
May 11, 2024, 18:0805/11/24
06/24/19

Will pass along all the feedback and I wholly agree.  I've already mentioned not having a way to mass level food champs, and after using the instant rank up have the same complaints. 

May 11, 2024, 19:5205/11/24
07/01/22

I think this might be part of the issue however, I will say that at least its better than nothing. We didn't even have this feature a week ago so I can't complain too much about it. However I would like a way to mass select champions and pick a # of brews that I want each to get simultaneously IE: Let me pick all my Rank 4 Force Champions and then let me set a number of brews for each to get and then with one click they all get them.

May 11, 2024, 20:1505/11/24
01/31/20
Onikage55

I think this might be part of the issue however, I will say that at least its better than nothing. We didn't even have this feature a week ago so I can't complain too much about it. However I would like a way to mass select champions and pick a # of brews that I want each to get simultaneously IE: Let me pick all my Rank 4 Force Champions and then let me set a number of brews for each to get and then with one click they all get them.

I disagree.  Promising a feature that is so poorly executed as to be useless is worse than not rolling it out.  The "It's better than nothing" mentality is what allows them to continue to not test anything ahead of time.  

In my professional career, people would get fired for the poor follow-through that is constantly on display.  

May 11, 2024, 21:1005/11/24
06/25/20
WileyMan

I disagree.  Promising a feature that is so poorly executed as to be useless is worse than not rolling it out.  The "It's better than nothing" mentality is what allows them to continue to not test anything ahead of time.  

In my professional career, people would get fired for the poor follow-through that is constantly on display.  

It's worse than useless. It's actually a negative, because it incentivizes people to use food champs to level champs, which is a *great* way to burn all your resources in a hugely ineffective manner - the "instant level" feature, that is.

May 11, 2024, 21:4005/11/24
01/31/20
kramaswamy.kr

It's worse than useless. It's actually a negative, because it incentivizes people to use food champs to level champs, which is a *great* way to burn all your resources in a hugely ineffective manner - the "instant level" feature, that is.

Yeah.  I agree that it is worse than useless. Hard to quantify how pissed off I'd be if I had actually ranked up L30 toon w/L29 toons becasue I listened to the CC hype and just assumed this feature was working well.  

ShortOnSkillzModerator
May 11, 2024, 21:5505/11/24
06/24/19
WileyMan

Yeah.  I agree that it is worse than useless. Hard to quantify how pissed off I'd be if I had actually ranked up L30 toon w/L29 toons becasue I listened to the CC hype and just assumed this feature was working well.  

I can't even figure out what champs it selects to use first so I can't even just brew those ones for food first. 

May 14, 2024, 05:5105/14/24
07/01/22
WileyMan

I'd rather have a feature now that can be fixed later than wait that same amount of time to get it in a fixed form. Yeah it's not great and has limited uses, but I found it to save a lot of time in the current Champion Training. Also you've been here for 4 years, you should realize that Plarium's motto is essentially "Release Broken, Fix Later". Just look at Wixwell on the Test Server for Hydra.

harleQuinnModerator
May 14, 2024, 16:1505/14/24
02/24/19
ShortOnSkillz

I can't even figure out what champs it selects to use first so I can't even just brew those ones for food first. 

I let you handle this feedback.

I just used it to quickly clear space while popping greens for champ chase and it was super time efficient for me. Maybe I don't rank up enough food to care about the other particulars. 😆 😆 

May 14, 2024, 16:4005/14/24
12/16/21
Onikage55

I'd rather have a feature now that can be fixed later than wait that same amount of time to get it in a fixed form. Yeah it's not great and has limited uses, but I found it to save a lot of time in the current Champion Training. Also you've been here for 4 years, you should realize that Plarium's motto is essentially "Release Broken, Fix Later". Just look at Wixwell on the Test Server for Hydra.

They *fix* stuff? 😋

ShortOnSkillzModerator
May 14, 2024, 17:0505/14/24
06/24/19
harleQuinn

I let you handle this feedback.

I just used it to quickly clear space while popping greens for champ chase and it was super time efficient for me. Maybe I don't rank up enough food to care about the other particulars. 😆 😆 

It works perfectly when you don't care what champs it pulls for food.  Which I guess is a design choice they definitely made.

May 14, 2024, 17:3505/14/24
May 14, 2024, 17:36(edited)
12/16/21

Huh, I just took a look at it for the first time.

Am I missing something? I coulda sworn in HH's preview vid he found a spot that let you adjust settings for instant upgrading. Did that not go live?

Edit: oh, nvm, that's only for ranking up, not leveling.

harleQuinnModerator
May 14, 2024, 17:3705/14/24
02/24/19
ShortOnSkillz

It works perfectly when you don't care what champs it pulls for food.  Which I guess is a design choice they definitely made.

Fortunately I had no saved food at those levels and could just spam my greens. 😆