All Categories

Affinitybreaker Set is Underrated?

Search
May 9, 2024, 05:4405/09/24
07/01/22

I don't have a team that can full auto NS on DT Hard but I think it might be worth it to make one now. I looked up this set on HH and they've got it as C Rank (talking about Arena and Dungeon Bosses) but with what happened this week there's something people aren't talking about that I wanted to start a discussion over:

Affinitybreaker works on Poison Cloud Hydra. Uugo is one of my main go-tos in my Hydra teams and the affinities have been a bit rough for the past 2 weeks with the majority of heads being Force. Weak hits mean no Decrease Defense or Block Buffs. No Block Buffs means Poison Cloud get out and/or Buff Spread happens.

HOWEVER! It seems Affinitybreaker allows a champion to place Debuffs on Weak Hits if it procs INCLUDING Poison Cloud. Now certain champions can place debuffs prior to their hit so they aren't subject to weak hits (like Wukong or Ma'Shallad) but for champions like Uugo who have TWO great debuffs as part of a HIT, this makes a huge amount of difference in the fights!

I really hope this is working as intended and not some glitch. Landing debuffs of a Force Head with Poison Cloud as a Magic Champion is pretty huge!

EDIT: Just realized Eostrid would also benefit, she does Decrease Speed and Weaken on her A2 and would struggle against Spirit Heads. Wow the Frost Spider DT rotation might not suck as bad as I thought since NS can be farmed (if I can ever make a Auto team lol)

Views
Comments
Comments
May 9, 2024, 06:2005/09/24
12/16/21

simple full auto NS team: just get tanky healer champs, and lock out any aoe attacks, ignore the spiderlings entirely and just single target to boss

My team is elva, doompriest, iron brago, rhazin and udk. its slow but its simple & easy

May 9, 2024, 06:2405/09/24
07/01/22
MooredRat

simple full auto NS team: just get tanky healer champs, and lock out any aoe attacks, ignore the spiderlings entirely and just single target to boss

My team is elva, doompriest, iron brago, rhazin and udk. its slow but its simple & easy

Yeah I have Staltus and I just saw a video of him solo'ing since he's reflecting all the poisons, gonna have to build mine up to do it but your suggestion is good too thanks!

May 9, 2024, 17:5205/09/24
May 9, 2024, 22:59(edited)
01/31/20

You just need to bring a couple of tanky healer/cleansers and some toons with single target A1s.  The AI for Nether Spider will pritoze single-target attacks so that you don't kill yourself attacking the spiderlings. 

My first auto nether spider team was Scyl, Dazdurk, Frozen Banshee, Reliquary Tender and someone I don't even remember.

I bet you could put together a team w/o building anyone special for it....although Build Staltus by all means.  He is a beast for arena!          

May 9, 2024, 22:5605/09/24
12/16/21

Bear in mind if Staltus's res is too HIGH he won't reflect poisons 'cause they don't land on him to start with.

I have mine with high res and stoneskin for tag team, makes him useless for hard dragon though

May 9, 2024, 23:3005/09/24
06/25/20

Fun fact- affinitybreaker doesn't just convert a weak hit into a strong one- it actually counts as an extra hit. So, on FK, with Alure for example, you can get 4 hits on the shield intead of 3.

May 10, 2024, 02:3805/10/24
May 10, 2024, 02:39(edited)
01/31/20
WileyMan

You just need to bring a couple of tanky healer/cleansers and some toons with single target A1s.  The AI for Nether Spider will pritoze single-target attacks so that you don't kill yourself attacking the spiderlings. 

My first auto nether spider team was Scyl, Dazdurk, Frozen Banshee, Reliquary Tender and someone I don't even remember.

I bet you could put together a team w/o building anyone special for it....although Build Staltus by all means.  He is a beast for arena!          

Actually, it was probably not Dazdurk.  I don't think he existed yet. Probably more like:  Arbiter, Scyl, Reliquary Tender, Frozen Banshee & Mausoleum Mage.  

I remember that it wasn't exactly quick, but it was stable, and Frozen Banshee was the primary damage dealer.  She was my CB poisoner back then.     

May 10, 2024, 02:4005/10/24
01/31/20
kramaswamy.kr

Fun fact- affinitybreaker doesn't just convert a weak hit into a strong one- it actually counts as an extra hit. So, on FK, with Alure for example, you can get 4 hits on the shield intead of 3.

Good to know.  I have equipped only one set of affinity breaker, but never really used it so I stripped it back off the toon that wore it.  

May 10, 2024, 04:4705/10/24
07/01/22
kramaswamy.kr

I wanna understand this. Does the weak hit still happen? Or the game just counts the hit Twice but only deals damage once? I wanna be sure for situations like Sand Devil