All Categories

Assistance w/ Masteries & Artifacts & Team Building. Returning Player.

Search
Apr 27, 2024, 19:5004/27/24
10/31/20

Hello, returning player been away from game over 3 years. Have an assorted collection of top legendaries and epics, and acquired more recently, would like assistance putting together teams for arena, dungeons, CB, etc. along with masteries & artifacts for said chars:

Martyr, Leorius, Tuhanark, Mashallad, Claidna are the top legendaries I have as far as I'm aware. Consider me brand new with regards to team-crafting w/ artifacts & masteries, my understanding is limited to understanding how stats function and that certain chars scale damage off atk/def/hp.

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.

i

i

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Apr 28, 2024, 01:1304/28/24
02/24/19

Can you show us the full roster by clicking the button second on the top left?

Apr 28, 2024, 03:3004/28/24
06/25/20

Priority #1 is CB. My guess is we'll build something around Ma'Shalled, but we shall see.

Apr 28, 2024, 03:4404/28/24
11/16/20

first thing i see is 2 pieces of speed gear and 2 pieces of perception gear with +30 speed overall.

I think op needs a crash course on how to gear.

Apr 28, 2024, 10:5704/28/24
10/31/20
harleQuinn

Can you show us the full roster by clicking the button second on the top left?

i

Additionally, yes evilized I am not in any way remotely near competent at gear lol.

Apr 28, 2024, 16:3504/28/24
07/08/19
PhoenixSOS

i

Additionally, yes evilized I am not in any way remotely near competent at gear lol.

when picking gear for your champion, the most important factor is the stats it gives, not getting the set bonuses. when gearing your champions, you should first figure out the main and substats you're looking for. if you have gear pieces that offer those stats and can get you a set bonus as well, there's no reason not to use them, but it's really not what you should be focused on.

the first thing you should do is make sure the gear you're using has the right main stats. for a dps champion (a champion whose primary role is to deal damage), you'll want crit rate or crit damage gauntlets, either atk%, def%, or hp% on their chestplate depending on which stat their damage scales off of, and speed boots. for most other champions, you'll want to use hp% or def% gauntlets, hp% or def% chestplate (or accuracy if the champion in question focuses on debuffing the enemy), and speed boots.

following the main stats, the next most important factor is to pick gear pieces with the proper substats. they follow a similar pattern as above. dps champions will want gear that boosts their crit rate, crit damage, speed, and their damaging stat. debuffers will want accuracy, speed, hp, and defense, and buff/heal focused champions will really only be concerned with hp, defense, and speed. of course, this is only a rough outline; there are plenty of champions that call for builds outside of those i mentioned above, but it should serve as a general guide for now.

Apr 29, 2024, 23:5904/29/24
10/31/20

Imma keep it 100, I don't understand any of those 2 team links, like it's all gibberish to me.

Apr 30, 2024, 01:3004/30/24
06/25/20

Yep that's fair - there's a lot to take in, and those particular teams aren't simple at all. It's up to you whether you want to take the time to understand how they work, or go for a simpler setup. All we can tell you is that if you want to progress to the true endgame, you'll eventually need to learn, as the options for "normal" teams are significantly worse.

May 2, 2024, 01:1305/02/24
10/31/20

ok so I'm sort of understanding those team links but as of rn I don't have the gear to accomplish all that. What is my best path to gaining better gear? Additionally is it better to utilize a rank 6 gear of lower rarity or a rank 3-4 of epic/legendary gear?

May 2, 2024, 03:5305/02/24
06/25/20

Okay, so a few things:

1) Once you have the basic understanding of CB - essentially, what speed tuning means - you can build a relatively decent starter team without needing too much work. I don't recommend investing too heavily in this team, but it should get you started - all speeds should be between 170 and 189, and I highly recommend using DWJ's calculator to actually input your real speeds so you can make sure the tune lines up:

Martyr (slowest)

Fayne

Kael

Tuhanarak (either this or below should be fastest)

Doompriest (either this or above should be fastest)

2) Even with the above "simple" team, you still need to make sure they're all level 60, with full masteries, and fully booked, and with full level-16 gear.

3) To your last question - the general answer is higher-star is better than higher-rarity, but of course there's always exceptions. Still, at your progression you should generally not be using 4* items.