All Categories

Harvester Jack - opinions - is he viable?

Search
Oct 27, 2019, 13:1810/27/19
02/14/19

First of all let me say that he is a beautifully looking character, so my props go to the design department for fantastic work. 

I have been getting reports lately from people who were able to loot him that:

1. he hits like a wet dip stick for 25k with 75k hp and 150 crit dmg. 

2. Apparently his a2 does not work on true fear. 

Can someone please confirm the second and if anyone has him please let us know if you have him fully booked and upg. all masteries and ascension lvls. 

My understanding of this is that he may not scale well from hp, so some future tweaking maybe coming from devs. 

Fingers crossed that this preliminary info is flawed. 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 27, 2019, 13:5210/27/19
Oct 27, 2019, 13:53(edited)
10/17/19

glizdazla said:

First of all let me say that he is a beautifully looking character, so my props go to the design department for fantastic work. 

Can someone please confirm the second and if anyone has him please let us know if you have him fully booked and upg. all masteries and ascension lvls. 

My understanding of this is that he may not scale well from hp, so some future tweaking maybe coming from devs. 

I have him but am missing 2 books so he is not maxed.  So far I am using him in dungeons and he makes killing trash waves really easy with his fear.  I am not end game but with him I was able to get to and finish Golem 20 and Fireknight 20.  That in its self is huge for my team.  My goal is to use him everywhere because he is just so darn cool looking.  I don't have any great legendary champions or even someone with counter attack so for me he is really good.  I am sure it is different for true end game players.

Personally I was hoping for a counter attacking champion or a great poisoner because I am missing those but Jack is terrific. I hope they give him a little damage increase but I am only able to get his hit points to 78k.
Oct 27, 2019, 17:0110/27/19
07/15/19
glizdazla said:

Lol, you already know the answer to this from the other thread.  You are looking for confirmation bias by hoping to find information that you *want* to hear, which is that Jack is good.  You already know he isn't.  Look at his in-game reviews, look at how true fear works, think of how many battles his abilities would actually be useful in.  Great for Faction Wars I'd imagine, but that's about it.
Oct 27, 2019, 17:3410/27/19
Oct 27, 2019, 17:46(edited)
02/14/19

ThrobbingCerk said:

glizdazla said:

Lol, you already know the answer to this from the other thread.  You are looking for confirmation bias by hoping to find information that you *want* to hear, which is that Jack is good.  You already know he isn't.  Look at his in-game reviews, look at how true fear works, think of how many battles his abilities would actually be useful in.  Great for Faction Wars I'd imagine, but that's about it.

Not at all. I would have not made this thread without a purpose. The other thread is about the fusion itself, this one is about specifics with regards to this particular hero. I dont want to merge these two topics into one becasue Im not intrested in reading about how difficult some people find the fusion to be. 

So far, no-one has come forward who has him fully booked, upgraded who can shed some light on the questions I have brought up. 

So far i have seem one pic and a lot of speculations. 

We have only one response from a medium advanced player, who is just happy to have him. To ask for any potential future tweak we need to have a sizable sample size that he is underperforming. 

I would not worry to much about in-game reviews, the general public have no clue how things work or may not have required heros for synergy. 

Oct 27, 2019, 18:4910/27/19
06/01/19

ThrobbingCerk said:

glizdazla said:

0/10 bait, try harder

Also, for anyone else interested, Jack is actually good. The only reason you might not want it is because you already have endgame characters like Venus, Bad-El, Nic, etc.
Oct 27, 2019, 19:3410/27/19
Oct 27, 2019, 19:38(edited)
08/26/19

When I look at the panel of skills, on the paper he is a monster for arena and for the fire knight. He is also good for spider.

Now I have been following the in game rating... And I don't understand why he is rated so badly. It does not make sense that he would be rated 3 something on the fireknight with his 3 hit a1, so I don't know if I can take those opinion seriously.

I actually want him pretty bad and I hope to manage the event for the firstborn. Except katun the other epic for the fusion are worthless, so I will not hesitate to sacrifice the katun I already have and do not use. My dilemma is do I bother trying to fuse a second katun? 
Oct 27, 2019, 23:2110/27/19
07/15/19

glizdazla said:

ThrobbingCerk said:

glizdazla said:

Not at all. I would have not made this thread without a purpose. The other thread is about the fusion itself, this one is about specifics with regards to this particular hero. I dont want to merge these two topics into one becasue Im not intrested in reading about how difficult some people find the fusion to be. 

So far, no-one has come forward who has him fully booked, upgraded who can shed some light on the questions I have brought up. 

We have only one response from a medium advanced player, who is just happy to have him. To ask for any potential future tweak we need to have a sizable sample size that he is underperforming. 

I would not worry to much about in-game reviews, the general public have no clue how things work or may not have required heros for synergy. 

You should check out the SIN main channel on Discord.  Three different people now that I've seen that all say the same problem, which is what you already know from the other thread.  His hits are extremely weak, even with amazing gear on.  Books or not and experienced or not, stats are stats, and when he has solid stats and his crits are that low, it's a huge issue.  The other thread already did mention it, and there's no getting around that, no matter how many new threads you make.  Much better off going to their channel where there's experienced players collaborating with one another rather than asking on these forums.

Oct 27, 2019, 23:2510/27/19
07/15/19

Agut said:

0/10 bait, try harder

Also, for anyone else interested, Jack is actually good. The only reason you might not want it is because you already have endgame characters like Venus, Bad-El, Nic, etc.

Hardly trying to "bait".  Simply pointing out the topic had already been covered.

And what makes you say he is good?  You already have him?  What stats do you have on him?  How hard have you gotten him to be able to hit?

You come along, throw accusations at me, and make a vague claim with no evidence to back it up.

You say he's good, great.  Show us some screenshots of his damage in an encounter along with the stats you have on him.  That would actually be really useful.
Oct 27, 2019, 23:3010/27/19
Oct 27, 2019, 23:32(edited)
07/15/19

Nico Traveler said:

When I look at the panel of skills, on the paper he is a monster for arena and for the fire knight. He is also good for spider.

Now I have been following the in game rating... And I don't understand why he is rated so badly. It does not make sense that he would be rated 3 something on the fireknight with his 3 hit a1, so I don't know if I can take those opinion seriously.

I actually want him pretty bad and I hope to manage the event for the firstborn. Except katun the other epic for the fusion are worthless, so I will not hesitate to sacrifice the katun I already have and do not use. My dilemma is do I bother trying to fuse a second katun? 

Looking at skills is fairly worthless.  That doesn't show you how the champion scales off stats.  It only gives you a very general idea of if they are useful or not.

Like stated multiple times previously in the other thread, the biggest issue with him is his damage is extremely low, even with amazing gear on him.  Most players in SIN's clans know what they're doing.

I mean the in game rankings are unreliable for the most part, but when a specific champion has tons of reviews that low on them, there's usually a reason.

Either way, if it won't be too difficult to get him, might as well get him.  With how bad his damage is, I'd imagine he might eventually get a buff anyway.
Oct 27, 2019, 23:3810/27/19
03/16/19
Can it be that his damage is currently based on ATK, instead of HP? I know skill descriptions say it's HP. But can it be a "typo" in description or hopefully misconfiguration internally, that will be soon fixed?
Oct 28, 2019, 10:3910/28/19
Oct 28, 2019, 10:40(edited)
02/14/19
ThrobbingCerk said:

glizdazla said:

ThrobbingCerk said:

glizdazla said:

You should check out the SIN main channel on Discord.  Three different people now that I've seen that all say the same problem, which is what you already know from the other thread.  His hits are extremely weak, even with amazing gear on.  Books or not and experienced or not, stats are stats, and when he has solid stats and his crits are that low, it's a huge issue.  The other thread already did mention it, and there's no getting around that, no matter how many new threads you make.  Much better off going to their channel where there's experienced players collaborating with one another rather than asking on these forums.

Forgive me my ignorance, but how to find SIN? A link would be very helpful. When I do a search nothing comes up, but Sin City. 
Oct 29, 2019, 09:1410/29/19
02/14/19
glizdazla said:

ThrobbingCerk said:

glizdazla said:

ThrobbingCerk said:

glizdazla said:

Forgive me my ignorance, but how to find SIN? A link would be very helpful. When I do a search nothing comes up, but Sin City. 
How one joins SIN? 
Oct 31, 2019, 20:1610/31/19
Oct 31, 2019, 20:19(edited)
05/13/19

I am planning to get Harvester Jack.

I think Harvester Jack is a very good hero!

I have only heard 1 bad thing about him which is his “Damage”.

However, I am not convinced!

The only evidence I have seen is from video by Stew Gaming on YouTube.

The video was inconclusive.

I don’t trust the reviews for Harvester Jack.

I think those reviews are made by idiots.

I have Big Plans for Harvester Jack!

Nov 1, 2019, 17:0611/01/19
06/01/19

The only issue with Harvester Jack is that his current HP to Dmg ratio is a bit off, but that'll get fixed.

Other than that, top tier guy. Not Endgame, but A tier definetly
KiwiMcSheepModerator
Nov 2, 2019, 01:2011/02/19
Nov 2, 2019, 01:20(edited)
09/18/18

Hey Hey

Harvest Jack is a support type champion which is HP based, the greatness to Harvest jack isn't around his damage, it's about been tanky and his utility, a champion that neutralizes buffs and has some CC(fear), I personally don't have him, I'm still unsure if I will get him from the fusion, but the combo's I'm going to make if I can.

But you can't compare him to an Attacker role HP champion, his kit isn't about damage.

many thanks and good luck.

Nov 2, 2019, 03:2311/02/19
05/24/19
He looks amazing but at this point I’m wondering if he’s worth it. I’ve already spent over 2000 energy fighting in the spiders then trying to get beast wrestler. The drop rates for some of these are just insane. With that said I still think harvest Jack is an awesome character.
Nov 2, 2019, 10:1511/02/19
06/01/19
KiwiMcSheep said:

Hey Hey

Harvest Jack is a support type champion which is HP based, the greatness to Harvest jack isn't around his damage, it's about been tanky and his utility, a champion that neutralizes buffs and has some CC(fear), I personally don't have him, I'm still unsure if I will get him from the fusion, but the combo's I'm going to make if I can.

But you can't compare him to an Attacker role HP champion, his kit isn't about damage.

many thanks and good luck.

this a million times
Nov 4, 2019, 13:1811/04/19
Nov 4, 2019, 22:12(edited)
05/13/19

Ladies & Gentlemen, I am here to tell you the TRUTH!

I have Harvester Jacked!

I wanted Harvester Jack really bad - I spent money to get Harvester Jack!

I have put Harvester Jack under a series of vigorous testing.

I AM HERE TO TELL YOU HARVESTER JACK IS AMAZING!

Harvester Jack is a very good hero.

I believe Harvester Jack is an Endgame Champion.

If you have the resources to get him, you should get him!

If you are on the fence about him, You should get off the fence and get him immediately!

You would be a Fool to pass him up!

WHY IS HARVESTER JACK SO GOOD?

Let me tell you the testing I did with this guy.

• 1st Damage Test - I have a rating system between 1 to 3.

I tried out Harvester Jack with HP, Crit Rate, & Crit Damage gear + stats.

I gave Harvester Jack a rating of 2.

Let me explain how I reached a 2!

I give a Legendary a score of 1 if they hit the same as a Rare Hero.

I give a Legendary a score of 2 if they hit the same as a Epic Hero.

I give a Legendary a score of 3 if they hit the same as a Legendaries Hero.

Harvester Jack was hitting like an Epic hero to me which is a little shocking.

I assume a Legendary would hit like a Legendary, but he hitting like an Epic.

However, I heard people claiming Harvester Jack hit like a Wet Noodle.

In my mind, a wet noodle hits like a score of 1, I didn’t see Harvester Jack hitting like a rare!

I feel people are blowing things out of proportion.

Harvester Jack isn’t super amazing when it comes to hitting, but he isn’t bad at hitting!

Abriter hits like a 2! Does anyone care that Abriter hits like a 2?

NOW I KNOW WHAT YOUR THINKING! IF HE HITS LIKE A 2 WHY ARE YOU SAYING HE IS AMAZING?

Because the Damage test is only the 1st test - he still had to go thru other tests!

The performance Harvester Jack did on some of the other test were insane in my personal opinion.

Let’s keep going so you can see.

If the 1st test is about Harvester Jack dish out pain, the 2nd test is about whether or not H.Jack can tank pain!

• 2nd Tank Test - I have ranking system between 1 to 3

I gave Harvester Jack Immortal & Def gear + stats

I gave Harvester Jack a rating of 3.

Let me explain how I reached a 3!

I give a Legendary a score of 1 if they tank the same as a Rare Hero.

I give a Legendary a score of 2 if they tank the same as a Epic Hero.

I give a Legendary a score of 3 if they tank the same as a Legendaries Hero.

Harvester Jack refuses to die!

This joker lives forever.

Harvester Jack has one of the highest base HP in the game.

Harvester Jack has pretty decent DEF.

Harvester Jack might hit like an Epic, but if he never dies!

H.Jack is a serious issue.

H.Jack could slowly wear you down, until your hero dies.

H.Jack from what I have seen has excellent survivability.

I haven’t heard anyone talk about Harvester Jacks uncannily ability to live.

The final 2 test I like to do are Buff & Debuff test.

Harvester Jack doesn’t have any buffs so I wasn’t able to test for it.

However, Harvester Jack does have Debuffs which I did test out!

3rd Debuff Test - I have ranking system between 1 to 3

I gave Harvester Jack Accuracy & Stun gear + stats

I gave Harvester Jack a rating of 4

THAT IS RIGHT I GAVE HIM A 4 OUT OF 3!

Let me explain how I reached a 4!

I give a Legendary a score of 1 if they debuff the same as a Rare Hero.

I give a Legendary a score of 2 if they debuff the same as a Epic Hero.

I give a Legendary a score of 3 if they debuff the same as a Legendaries Hero.

I give a Legendary a score of 4 if they are God like compared to other Legendaries.

PEOPLE HARVESTER JACK IS THE ONLY HERO I HAVE SEEN THAT CAN DO 7 DEBUFFS!

Everyone was telling me Harvester was trash + hits like wet noodle.

No mention his survivability!

No mention his insane crowd control!

7 Debuffs people:

-Fear

-Block Buffs

-Poison

-Attack Down

-True Fear

-Decrease Speed

-Sleep

I added a Stun Set + Accuracy set to Harvester Jack!

My H.Jack had a total of 8 Debuffs when I did my testing.

Every single time my H.Jack did an attack.

The enemy is covered in Debuffs.

They were smothered in Debuffs!

H.Jack is on another level.

NOW YOU CAN SEE WHY H. JACK IS VERY GOOD HERO!

H.Jack main asset is in Survivability + Crowd Control.

H.Jack is good in any location which has waves/mobs!

-Arena

-Dungeons 

-Campaign 

-Faction Wars

Now I do want to say a negative comment about H.Jack.

H.Jack can make a world of difference for a lot of people.

The only people who might not need H.Jack are end game players who already have teams fully built to clear the various things I mention.

The only exception is Faction Wars.

H. Jack is the best crowd control undead hero in the game.

In dungeons, End game players might use someone else to control the waves.

The waves in the game can be very intense.

Players try to use heroes that can disrupt them.

-Martyr with her provoke

-Rhazin with his reduce turn meter 100%

Players with a dozen legendary can probably get away with out H.Jack.

For everyone else, who isn’t doing stage 20 in every dungeon.

This hero can be a game changer for you 100%!

Nov 4, 2019, 16:1311/04/19
08/26/19
It sounds like an add for penis enlargement but I really like your post PlayerJ. I am about to fuse mine after I farm force keep and arcane a little. 
Nov 5, 2019, 08:3111/05/19
Nov 5, 2019, 08:32(edited)
02/22/19
Nico Traveler said:

It sounds like an add for penis enlargement but I really like your post PlayerJ. I am about to fuse mine after I farm force keep and arcane a little. 
same here, although I need to wait a little longer until I get that skeleton from the arena event, level & ascend it so I can fuse high katun - I don't want to lose her completely as I may need her for something else later on.
Nov 5, 2019, 13:0211/05/19
05/13/19
Nico Traveler said:

Lol Thank you - I think Lol