All Categories

Do you believe this game can be enjoyed without spending?

Search
Mar 5, 2024, 06:1903/05/24
03/05/24

I've recently seen a video of someone being celebrated for reaching achievements and goals that have apparently been considered almost impossible for free to play players and that made me wonder. Is it really that difficult to progress deep into the game without spending a dime? What has your experience been?

I'm personally a new player (couple of days) and I'm not going to lie, I already spend a decent amount on it to have a comfortable start. Though I don't intend to spend regularly. How long are you all already playing this game? How much did you spend? And where do you see the game going as it pertains to this?

Thanks for any of y'all's thoughts.

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 5, 2024, 06:2803/05/24
07/01/22

Yes. You just need to be patient. If you look up some youtube channels that are pure F2P, they're pretty impressive. Your account will naturally grow with great champs over time that are free, either login ones (like Rathalos which I'm hoping you started soon enough to get) and later ones you get from either total days played (like Scyl) and Mithrala/Arbiter from in-game content.

Best thing to do to grow your account is get to where you can clear Ultra Nightmare and Nightmare clan boss each day, that'll get you 10 sacred shards per month on average

Mar 5, 2024, 06:5203/05/24
01/31/20

I am an end-game player, and for the most part, the only money I spend is the daily gem pack, which is $10/month.  I spend more time playing RAID than I do watching Netflix, so I look at the $10 as a monthly subscription.  

I have been playing since December 2019, and I did spend some cash on energy packs in my first year.  It was the pandemic and I was bored and stuck at home, and there was a lot less free energy back then (No Daily Goodie Bag Pack, No Energy from DT or Sintranos, No Energy from Advanced Quests).

There are a few people in my clan that are totally F2P.  One of them has been playing just as long as me and his account is almost as strong as mine. Another is a newer player (12-18 months) and he is crushing it. 

If you are going to be a low-spender or a F2P player, RAID is completely a game of resource management.  You will need to learn to ignore the FOMO that Plarium works hard to stoke, and stockpile your resources for when they will best help you advance.   

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.