All Categories

Suggestion to Counter Polymorph

Search
Mar 1, 2024, 21:3803/01/24
01/31/20

By now, everyone understands that the blessing rebalance did nothing to decrease usage of polymorph and, in fact, actually increased polymorph selection.  

How about we do something to actually counter Polymorph.  There are still some gear sets that are mostly useless, so let's take one of the garbage gear sets like Fury or Frenzy and make it an anti-sheep set, possibly with benefits up to 6 piece.  Like This:  

• 2 piece: 25% chance to block polymorph
  • 4 piece: 50% chance to block polymorph
  • 6 piece: 50% chance to reflect polymorph back to the toon that cast it.

This would definitely shake up the usage of polymorph and potentially bring some toons back out of the vault.   

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 4, 2024, 16:5903/04/24
01/31/20

Polymorph defines the current Arena Meta, and everyone has lots of things to say about it, but this suggestion has not gotten a single comment with love, hate or why it won't work?

If Plarium's goal is truly to diminish the selection of Polymorph and bring it into better balance with other Blessings, this actually seems like a pretty darn good idea to me.

Anybody?

Mar 4, 2024, 17:3103/04/24
06/25/20

I've no comments because I don't partake in arena anymore :)

Mar 4, 2024, 19:1203/04/24
12/29/19
WileyMan

Polymorph defines the current Arena Meta, and everyone has lots of things to say about it, but this suggestion has not gotten a single comment with love, hate or why it won't work?

If Plarium's goal is truly to diminish the selection of Polymorph and bring it into better balance with other Blessings, this actually seems like a pretty darn good idea to me.

Anybody?

Use Polymorph  to counter Polymorph  lol

Mar 5, 2024, 08:0003/05/24
02/28/22
WileyMan

Anybody?

I think it shows that the game designers have no concept of good game design, if you bring changes that are so encompasing they effectively wipe out the use of some champs and abilities with no effective counter you are breaking parts of the gameplay.  You have to have change and counter, they did it with stone skin, little real effective counter, they did it with stupidly overpowered new champs