All Categories

Remove the need for energy.

Search
Feb 18, 2024, 02:0302/18/24
09/21/23

I think the one thing that's quite unfair and holding Raid back from even more popularity would be the fact that it costs a lot of a very finite resource, namely energy, in order to perform one of the biggest facets of your general game activity, i.e. for leveling and improving your champions through campaign (for chiefly experience for improving champion levels and money for upgrading gear) and dungeons (mainly for gear). The fact that, from starting at 0-130 energy like for a general player at reset, it runs out generally after around 4 hours of play when you factor in arena for maybe 1-2 hours. 4 hours isn't a lot at all for a gaming day. What are players to do when they want to play more than just that amount? Yeah, you have to buy energy for it. And it's not cheap either. 50 euros for 40 energy potions and 5400 energy. That's the cost of your average game for just two-three weeks or so of energy for normal play. Lots of people can't afford that. You also need to buy energy to get to the upper levels of rewards for tournaments and events. All of this seems quite unfair to me.

I think Raid Shadow Legends would become a lot more popular and possibly even generate more income if they allowed players to play as much as they want without having to pay extra. I'm sure lots of people hop off from Raid and move on to other games when they find out that you need to pay unreasonably much just to play the game to your desire. If I want to level my characters in the most fundamental way by improving their levels, getting the best source for money, and getting experience, all via campaign, I should always be able to do that like with all other normal games. 

Let me know what you all think about this. Thanks for hearing me out.

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 18, 2024, 02:1202/18/24
12/18/19

As beautiful as it sounds it wouldnt work, people would just run stuff on auto 24/7, there are programs out there even now that play for you. Every other important aspect of the game is built on top of having that finite resource, events, tourneys, fusions, it would all fall apart. To remove energy you would essentially need to rebuild the whole game.

Feb 18, 2024, 11:2902/18/24
Feb 18, 2024, 11:30(edited)
09/14/20

The game is build around the concept of managing energy to run different elements of the game. 

Eliminating the need to manage your ressources would just destroy the game. 

Imagine unlimited energy....I would run Dungeons and Sand Devil 24/7 for several days. 

After this, I have near unlimited money. I would have a stock pile of useable artifacts and accessoires. I would also have a stockpile of ancient shards to pull champions. With even one day of running potion dungeons non-stop, I would have enough potions for upgrades for the next 6 months.

I could also level up all relevant champions in a very short time by running campaign for a few hours.

The only thing I owuld be missing is some void shards to pull void leggos and some red ancient shards and some books.

But hey...with this change almost 85% of the game would have become trivial and dependant on how I set up my autorun-tool.

Many more people would leave the game, as they do not see any progress after some weeks or months anymore. 

What do you think about this perspective?

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 18, 2024, 14:3702/18/24
02/24/19

Don't worry, as your progress there will be more than enough things to do in the game to keep you busy every waking hour, if you so desire.

Between the different arenas, faction wars, doom tower, city, daily energy reharge, daily and advaced quests, the fusions and path events, and the up to many many hours of hydra, a decent percentage of players ask for less to do, as they can't complete their daily tasks. 

Raid really is a resource management game under the hood, where both energy and your own time are important resources you have to manage. :)

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Feb 18, 2024, 15:0002/18/24
06/24/19
harleQuinn

Don't worry, as your progress there will be more than enough things to do in the game to keep you busy every waking hour, if you so desire.

Between the different arenas, faction wars, doom tower, city, daily energy reharge, daily and advaced quests, the fusions and path events, and the up to many many hours of hydra, a decent percentage of players ask for less to do, as they can't complete their daily tasks. 

Raid really is a resource management game under the hood, where both energy and your own time are important resources you have to manage. :)

I agree.  Now go do Hydra runs for the clan for the next 6 hours please.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 18, 2024, 18:3802/18/24
02/24/19
ShortOnSkillz

I agree.  Now go do Hydra runs for the clan for the next 6 hours please.

Do I have to? I'd rather run a half marathon.