All Categories

Highmother Maud. What happened?

Search
Feb 9, 2024, 04:4202/09/24
08/01/23

It's great to see a new champ like Highmother Maud and her kit is definitely solid, though now that she's finally live to achieve, is it some kind of joke that you get RNG based chests from past fragments to use to try and get her? I opened all 10 chests with fragments that I had from past events, and I only got 8 fragments for her. So.. This seems to imply that in order to even get her is that you would have had to have hundreds or thousands of other shards that you never completed on another champion, just to get her. 

What's the incentive to even get this champion if the whole goal is is to get enough fragments for the legendary you want? I don't undertand why the fragments are so low with RNG as well that will literally take people YEARS just to get her. What are your thoughts?

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 9, 2024, 11:1302/09/24
06/02/22

Yep, may have been better to do a 2 for 1 exchange rate, then when a less than great one comes up, you would be inclined to spend a little money to collect fragments, so you can use them for exchange. As no limits to the amount you can have of her it sets up a potential money cow for Plarium. Still they didn't do it that way, so now you can clear out your unsed fragments and have a completely new lot of unused fragments. At least you know some time in the dim and distant future, even if it's your kids or their kids, a High Mother Maud will become part of the family.

Feb 9, 2024, 12:3502/09/24
03/19/20

I got five yesterday I was watching a content creater and they said with good English which can be a joke at times one will need about 50 chest to get her but let's be honest it closer to 80 chest in my luck 

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Feb 9, 2024, 16:2702/09/24
06/24/19

I'm just looking at the chests thru the lens of free chickens and books, instead of champ fragments.

Feb 9, 2024, 17:3102/09/24
12/19/19
ShortOnSkillz

I'm just looking at the chests thru the lens of free chickens and books, instead of champ fragments.

Same. The rest all expected to get 100 fragments from the first set of chests.  Shockingly nobody did!

I want it now, I want it now, ...

Feb 9, 2024, 19:5502/09/24
04/22/20

I think fair is somewhere in between. I've been playing Raid since before they introduced fragment champs. I traded all mine in and received 104 chests. My first 10 pull getting 5 fragments for her seems fairly average given the reported range of 2 to 9 fragments I've seen. If this average persists, I'd need 200 chests which means 1000 legendary fragments to get one High Mother Maud. That seems high.  Even Sir Nick in the token trader is only 8 to 1 (which is crazy high already) compared to roughly 10 to 1 here. 

I don't disagree that I shouldn't have enough fragments of her to get her in week 1 or week 2, but it shouldn't take 200 chests (1000 other lego fragments) to get her either.  This isn't a case of "I want it now!" It's a case of let's be at least a little reasonable. 

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 9, 2024, 20:1902/09/24
02/24/19

As I said elsewhere, before Thursday they were absolutely worthless. Couldn't be used for anything at all.

Now they can be used for something. Will everyone get her just from their stock of previously worthless frags? Prolly not. But at least they have SOME value now. :)

Feb 9, 2024, 23:0402/09/24
11/16/20

Im skipping the current fusion for once. Im still going to hit up some of the events for fragments. This is something I might do going foward if the fusions are not great. I think the time table is pretty bold, if the game continues for another 5 years probably 1/10000 accounts might have this champ. The champion isnt even account changing, but cool free chickens and brews I guess.

Feb 9, 2024, 23:1802/09/24
12/07/20

the whole reason why Maud exists is to get rid of all the fragments ppl have lying around, therefor getting rid of the argument to have universal fragments available to complete past fusions

Feb 10, 2024, 02:3202/10/24
03/19/20
harleQuinn

As I said elsewhere, before Thursday they were absolutely worthless. Couldn't be used for anything at all.

Now they can be used for something. Will everyone get her just from their stock of previously worthless frags? Prolly not. But at least they have SOME value now. :)

I agree getting a xp barrel or a max lv chicken is hard as hell for a f2p player but now every week I have a chance of getting some that's a game changer for me 

Feb 11, 2024, 02:3002/11/24
11/16/20
frankieray2102

I agree getting a xp barrel or a max lv chicken is hard as hell for a f2p player but now every week I have a chance of getting some that's a game changer for me 

I have to disagree. I routinely get xp barrels and chickens every month, usually from doing summon rush during a fusion. I am f2P and while these are nice, they really make little difference to my account as due to doing the fusions consistently means plenty of champion training.

Feb 11, 2024, 12:4802/11/24
03/19/20
evilized6666

I have to disagree. I routinely get xp barrels and chickens every month, usually from doing summon rush during a fusion. I am f2P and while these are nice, they really make little difference to my account as due to doing the fusions consistently means plenty of champion training.

I have trouble saving shards I always want to see if I get someone new or something that's my issue 

Feb 15, 2024, 08:4802/15/24
01/15/21
Trips

Same. The rest all expected to get 100 fragments from the first set of chests.  Shockingly nobody did!

I want it now, I want it now, ...

Not really, i think perhaps some expected to get it within a year or so however, as opposed to 5-10 years for the average player.

Personally expected exactly this, and yeh its a few brews or whatever for free at the end of the day, almost worthless but not quite. So technically better than nothing.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 15, 2024, 12:5602/15/24
02/24/19
Trevor Wilson

Not really, i think perhaps some expected to get it within a year or so however, as opposed to 5-10 years for the average player.

Personally expected exactly this, and yeh its a few brews or whatever for free at the end of the day, almost worthless but not quite. So technically better than nothing.

Technically better than nothing is the platform @ShortOnSkillz ran on for Mod.

Feb 15, 2024, 13:1502/15/24
12/18/19

Yup brews and chickens are better than what we had before, which is nothing, but as for the champ fragments, id say we can apply what they apply in court, a reasonable person standard (What a reasonable person would think/do in given circumstances). I think ive played for a year in total, and ive got 9 fragments, lets just say that this fails the reasonable person standard in court xD

But ya free stuff is free stuff gimme all you got.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Feb 15, 2024, 18:0902/15/24
06/24/19
harleQuinn

Technically better than nothing is the platform @ShortOnSkillz ran on for Mod.

And it had been a completely adequate campaign.

Feb 15, 2024, 18:3902/15/24
05/26/22

For me most part I agree with the exception that seeing the same champions over and over again gets old. I am ok with everyone not getting a champion and having RNG come into play. Before this unused shards were simply lost currency. So at least we get something for them now. 

My preference would have been that unused shards could have been converted to other hero's shards so that people could go back throug the catalog and pick ones that they missed and apply them their. I realize they are already doing this a little bit but I would have liked this option better. 

Feb 15, 2024, 20:3402/15/24
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

I think a year is reasonable, probably take me longer since I won't push for extra fragments.  There are so many new champs that I'm not in a rush to  do anything.  I fall further behind every week. I sat on a naked marichka for like 6 months.  Still haven't touched shogun or FK.  Need 4 epics for lady mikage.  That's just a small part of the list.... 

My exaggeration on expecting to finish in 1st week or 2 is because nothing is easy/fast/free enough for us lol.

Feb 16, 2024, 07:3302/16/24
01/15/21
Trips

I think a year is reasonable, probably take me longer since I won't push for extra fragments.  There are so many new champs that I'm not in a rush to  do anything.  I fall further behind every week. I sat on a naked marichka for like 6 months.  Still haven't touched shogun or FK.  Need 4 epics for lady mikage.  That's just a small part of the list.... 

My exaggeration on expecting to finish in 1st week or 2 is because nothing is easy/fast/free enough for us lol.

I know how that feels i am falling behind other guild members as i am not really doing much other than minimum guild requirements (cvc and clanboss). Its partly time but i just find some of the new content obnoxious in that it takes too long on manual and is too reliant on rng, but thats a personal choice

Plus more family time and i bought a well known AAA rpg game which i wont name as its rude on another games website.