All Categories

Cursed city replayability

Search
Jan 24, 2024, 04:3301/24/24
12/18/19

Title, at the moment there is none? Should add at least some sort of replayability, otherwise, which is only my guess, majority of players are just looking at the pretty picture of:

i

Should add a single gearpiece drop to bosses instead of them being empty later, is my thinking, make it more like DT farmable afterwards?

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 25, 2024, 01:2401/25/24
05/03/20

if you beat it on hard then run normal and vise versa.

Jan 25, 2024, 03:4001/25/24
12/19/19

Another subtle request for more free stuff :)

Jan 25, 2024, 03:4801/25/24
12/18/19

Beat it on hard is an option for so few people, we have veterans here like trips and krama for example, who are in over their heads in soul cross, and they have been playing since early 1800s.

I for example beat 79 stages on normal, beat some on hard, got stuck and now im just waiting for it to reset for 2 weeks. Its hell of a long waiting time for a content to be playable again, am i the only one thinking that?

Jan 25, 2024, 03:5301/25/24
12/18/19
Trips

Another subtle request for more free stuff :)

Its a subtle request to have content that you can play lol, god forbid we can do something in raid without reaching for wallet lol

Jan 25, 2024, 13:2501/25/24
08/22/21

That's the whole point of the Cursed City.  It's not for players like me, F2P, who don't have a HUGE stable of Champs.  It's for the players who are bored with the game and are getting ready to leave.  My personal take on these types of things: If I can't play it, I don't.  It's not going away, I get as far as I can and when I get new champs that can work, I'll gear them appropriately and head into town.

Jan 25, 2024, 14:1401/25/24
12/07/20
sharkium

Beat it on hard is an option for so few people, we have veterans here like trips and krama for example, who are in over their heads in soul cross, and they have been playing since early 1800s.

I for example beat 79 stages on normal, beat some on hard, got stuck and now im just waiting for it to reset for 2 weeks. Its hell of a long waiting time for a content to be playable again, am i the only one thinking that?

The last thing i want or need is another time sink!! especially as there is no team presets in cursed city

Jan 25, 2024, 14:4501/25/24
12/18/19
dax

The last thing i want or need is another time sink!! especially as there is no team presets in cursed city

But you can just not run it if you dont have time lol, all im saying is they made a content for a game that is not playable for half the time

game/content/not playable

Applying any reason here seems meh tho 😂

Jan 25, 2024, 15:3101/25/24
12/07/20
sharkium

But you can just not run it if you dont have time lol, all im saying is they made a content for a game that is not playable for half the time

game/content/not playable

Applying any reason here seems meh tho 😂

if it was relayable and dropped gear then  wud need to run it!!

the other point that applys to 99.5% of the player base, is that this content at the moment is the hardest so u are meant to be growing developing ur account so that u can beat more of it, thus reducing the days when u have nothing to do in cursed city. this basically means leveling more champs etc etc, not wasteing time redoing beaten content

Jan 25, 2024, 17:4101/25/24
12/19/19
sharkium

Its a subtle request to have content that you can play lol, god forbid we can do something in raid without reaching for wallet lol

You can replay stages as much as you want.  I barely have time to get my normal 8 keys in most days (and they dont show up in the menu without scrolling down lol).  You can practice as much as you want on stages youve already beat.  Unlimited replayability exists in both Cursed City and Doom Tower.  Knock yourself out! lol

Jan 25, 2024, 21:4501/25/24
06/13/23

Yup I'm at that point as well. Killed less this time than last time. Less bosses and stages this rotation than last. Stuck on both hard and normal. Just means for the next almost 3 weeks don't have to look at cursed city at all I guess. Normal is pretty overtuned for a lot of the fights especially Amius. Funny watching some of the Normal bosses that are listed as level 100 do way more damage a hit than their level 280 versions in Dungeons. And sounds like they want to add a Brutal difficulty as well to Cursed City. 

Jan 26, 2024, 11:4001/26/24
Jan 27, 2024, 19:35(edited)
01/26/24

I for example beat 79 stages on normal, beat some on hard, got stuck and now im just waiting for it to reset for 2 weeks.  fmwa 

yowa 

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 26, 2024, 15:5001/26/24
02/24/19
Trips

You can replay stages as much as you want.  I barely have time to get my normal 8 keys in most days (and they dont show up in the menu without scrolling down lol).  You can practice as much as you want on stages youve already beat.  Unlimited replayability exists in both Cursed City and Doom Tower.  Knock yourself out! lol

Getting the keys in is a problem I share with you. Thank goodness the boss keys are fairly easy to pick up so far.

Jan 26, 2024, 16:5501/26/24
12/19/19

I just don't understand how getting "stuck" in cursed city is an issue especially for the early gamers getting stuck in normal? This is expected, focus on the other 90% of content and get to midgame :)

Jan 26, 2024, 18:1001/26/24
12/18/19

Getting stuck isnt an issue, what is being pointed out is the content is unavailable for weeks once you do get stuck, i mean ya there are people who have busy lives and have time as a valuable resource, but the other side of the coin is people who have tons of time.

Eh idk, id say everyone is right.

Also dont do this endgame stuff talk guys, youve sayd "this is endgame, focus on other stuff" about every piece of content now lol xD

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 26, 2024, 18:1801/26/24
02/24/19
sharkium

Getting stuck isnt an issue, what is being pointed out is the content is unavailable for weeks once you do get stuck, i mean ya there are people who have busy lives and have time as a valuable resource, but the other side of the coin is people who have tons of time.

Eh idk, id say everyone is right.

Also dont do this endgame stuff talk guys, youve sayd "this is endgame, focus on other stuff" about every piece of content now lol xD

Most of early and midgame is just farming gear in the level 20 or 25 dungeons, then getting your CB team to UNM with that gear, then getting all your FW 21s beat through the long process of building champs while you farm more gear.

The game actually opens up into endgame after Lydia. Was a long process for most of us, unless you really whaled. :)

Jan 26, 2024, 18:2301/26/24
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Most of early and midgame is just farming gear in the level 20 or 25 dungeons, then getting your CB team to UNM with that gear, then getting all your FW 21s beat through the long process of building champs while you farm more gear.

The game actually opens up into endgame after Lydia. Was a long process for most of us, unless you really whaled. :)

I'd say Lydia is now midgame.... its just semantics of course.  But the reality is the goal posts are moving rapidly.

But back to cursed city, it is truly the hardest content so  if you are stuck there even if you have tons of time you certainly have other areas to spend it in.  Tag Arena and Live Arena, for example.  Manual hydra is a good time suck alos... lol.  

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 26, 2024, 18:2901/26/24
02/24/19
Trips

I'd say Lydia is now midgame.... its just semantics of course.  But the reality is the goal posts are moving rapidly.

But back to cursed city, it is truly the hardest content so  if you are stuck there even if you have tons of time you certainly have other areas to spend it in.  Tag Arena and Live Arena, for example.  Manual hydra is a good time suck alos... lol.  

Yeah, getting Lydia is midgame, and has been for some time. I consider the act of farming the gear and building the teams to get her as the way to open the gates to the end game content. Just the process of building gear sets good enough, and having enough of a stable of champs, that is what lets you finish all the other content. 

The past couple weeks I've seen a lot of feedback about how difficult the onboarding is these days, but I still see the process fairly linear, even if you know players will jump around a bit here and there. I think it still goes Easy Dungeons like Dragon, IG, Spider, FK -> NM/UNM CB -> FW & Lydia -> All Hard DTs -> Tier 2 Dungeons, Twins, Sand Devil and Shogun -> Tag Team Gold -> Hydra -> Hard Cursed City

I don't have an answer on if that message of progression needs to be clearer in a challenge and mission update, or in some other method, but there we are.

Jan 26, 2024, 21:1901/26/24
Jan 27, 2024, 00:18(edited)
06/13/23

I would put T2 Dungeons, Twins, Sand Devil, and Shogun before FW & Lydia as well as probably Hydra or at least up to Brutal Hydra then NM Hydra being after Lydia or something like that. Since Hydra you just need 18 good champions. FW and Lydia you need a lot more than 18 if you want to 3 star everything. Same with Doom Tower you just need a good number of certain champs. With the power that Twins, Sand Devil, Shogun etc add to your characters it makes it to where FW/DT/etc are much easier to get into. 

FW and Cursed city are very similar as you need a lot of different champs and with different setups, just Cursed City needs even more.