All Categories

What is the preferred blessing for UDK nowadays for Live / Late game arena?

Search
Dec 11, 2023, 21:0512/11/23
06/16/22

I know it was mainly Poly previously, but I'm trying to figure out what is best for him now since Accuracy is so imporant for landing poly. Sure my UDK could land poly on a squishy (I think I have about 250 acc), but he's not going to be landing it on the Duchess or Pythion (or the other UDK). 

For reference, I have a 5 star soul for him. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 11, 2023, 21:5312/11/23
06/25/20

I guess it'd be a choice between Polymorph, Intimidating Presence, and Life Harvest. All three provide the same stat bonus. The latter two require no accuracy, and provide pretty consistent benefits. I'd probably lean towards Life Harvest if I weren't running Rotos on my team already.

Dec 11, 2023, 21:5512/11/23
07/08/19

still polymorph. his accuracy should be enough to land it on most champions that aren't in a high res build and any champions that are (such as duchess and pythion) won't have the abilities to trigger it in the first place.

if you decide you really don't want polymorph, you could look at either life harvest or temporal chains.

Dec 11, 2023, 22:3812/11/23
06/16/22
kramaswamy.kr

I guess it'd be a choice between Polymorph, Intimidating Presence, and Life Harvest. All three provide the same stat bonus. The latter two require no accuracy, and provide pretty consistent benefits. I'd probably lean towards Life Harvest if I weren't running Rotos on my team already.

For reference - and I know this is anecdotal...but I was against a Duchess Pythion Harima UDK team in Live Arena against my Mithrala, Pythion, UDK, SWK. And while I could nuke out UDK and Harima frequently, they would be able to get their cooldowns up fast enought to get revives back out and rebuff. It was a little bit of a stall eventually, and they ended up leaving the match...but I keep running into Pythion + Duchess teams consistently and it's difficult to get both of their revives off cooldown by the time I kill their nuker or another support again. 

It seems like a lot of the Live Arena / TTA teams are more frequently nukers like Rotos, Harima, etc and are not largely debuffers. I know UDK could still probably Polymorph SWK successfully, but I generally ban him out anyways. 

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Dec 11, 2023, 22:4212/11/23
06/24/19

Poly tends to be the go to still in most cases.  Even without a ton of accuracy the chance to disrupt with the good extra stats is tough to beat.

Dec 11, 2023, 23:3612/11/23
07/08/19
kmanmott

For reference - and I know this is anecdotal...but I was against a Duchess Pythion Harima UDK team in Live Arena against my Mithrala, Pythion, UDK, SWK. And while I could nuke out UDK and Harima frequently, they would be able to get their cooldowns up fast enought to get revives back out and rebuff. It was a little bit of a stall eventually, and they ended up leaving the match...but I keep running into Pythion + Duchess teams consistently and it's difficult to get both of their revives off cooldown by the time I kill their nuker or another support again. 

It seems like a lot of the Live Arena / TTA teams are more frequently nukers like Rotos, Harima, etc and are not largely debuffers. I know UDK could still probably Polymorph SWK successfully, but I generally ban him out anyways. 

life harvest would certainly go a long way toward helping with that particular scenario. that said, you really only need one champion with it on your team and any of your champions is a viable option (except for wukong, he'll probably want an offensive blessing). udk is the only one who can get the most out of polymorph though.

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 12, 2023, 03:3212/12/23
12/30/20
ShortOnSkillz

Poly tends to be the go to still in most cases.  Even without a ton of accuracy the chance to disrupt with the good extra stats is tough to beat.

Very much this. I don't think it'll be tough to find incidental accuracy to make it reasonable if not good when you factor in the extra stats from the Blessing as well. 

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Dec 12, 2023, 12:2612/12/23
06/24/19
dthorne04

Very much this. I don't think it'll be tough to find incidental accuracy to make it reasonable if not good when you factor in the extra stats from the Blessing as well. 

Indeed.  Also the pool of viable blessings is so small there isn't really anything better to run on him anyway. 

Dec 12, 2023, 14:4512/12/23
12/19/19
kmanmott

You aren't even doing live arena til you get to Gold... :) I wouldn't do to much strategizing til you get there tbh.  

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 12, 2023, 15:2412/12/23
02/24/19
Trips

You aren't even doing live arena til you get to Gold... :) I wouldn't do to much strategizing til you get there tbh.  

Sir, the time I have to put in to my 1/week fight tells me I am doing Live Arena.... :D :D

Dec 12, 2023, 18:3312/12/23
Dec 12, 2023, 18:33(edited)
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Sir, the time I have to put in to my 1/week fight tells me I am doing Live Arena.... :D :D

Did you get to gold then start just doing 1/wk?