All Categories

Gold V Classic arena +1

Gold V Classic arena +1

Search
Dec 9, 2023, 15:0712/09/23
10/08/17

Gold V Classic arena +1

So however Plarium got Gold V classic arena set up (NEVER CHANGE IT)

It was so easy to complete the shadowkin event and  honestly farming daily medals is so easy. LOVE IT!

However I hear  a  lot of  complaints from players  in  ALL the other classic arena  areas of the  game :/

Is there a way to make the  other tiers similar?

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Dec 9, 2023, 16:0612/09/23
02/24/19

I'm glad you found the event easy. I didn't have any trouble myself, but I definitely can see how early game players with very limited rosters and people down in silver could.

I don't personally know how to make G5 Classic single champ defenses spread to other areas, but here to read any ideas anyone has.

Of course I'd encourage folks to keep pushing up even with limited rosters, which is advice I see our forum regulars giving a lot. Getting to G5 may take a lot of refreshes and be tough at first, but once you're there, you're there and it's much easier to stay there. :)

Dec 10, 2023, 20:2812/10/23
06/25/20

Honestly, it's pretty absurd that our advice to most newer players, regarding arena, is "hold your nose and hit refresh over and over until you limp into G5, then coast on 1-man defense teams".

The only reason this is even remotely viable is because of the loss cap in G5, which doesn't apply at lower ranks. I get why Plarium added it, since for the brief time it didn't exist, G5 was significantly harder to remain in. But it represents a really bizarre situation for everyone else.

The simple solution would just be to extend the loss cap to all the other ranks of arena. Yeah, sure, that does mean that the lower-ranked arenas would quickly empty out as people used the same strategy they use in G5 elsewhere, but surely that's a better alternative than the one that exists currently?

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 10, 2023, 21:0812/10/23
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Honestly, it's pretty absurd that our advice to most newer players, regarding arena, is "hold your nose and hit refresh over and over until you limp into G5, then coast on 1-man defense teams".

The only reason this is even remotely viable is because of the loss cap in G5, which doesn't apply at lower ranks. I get why Plarium added it, since for the brief time it didn't exist, G5 was significantly harder to remain in. But it represents a really bizarre situation for everyone else.

The simple solution would just be to extend the loss cap to all the other ranks of arena. Yeah, sure, that does mean that the lower-ranked arenas would quickly empty out as people used the same strategy they use in G5 elsewhere, but surely that's a better alternative than the one that exists currently?

It's an idea we talked about before here, putting a loss limit on the OTHER difficulties... Bronze, Silver and low Gold... while having no loss limit in G4-G5. 

That would seem to make sense to me at least. Loss limits at the lowest end of competitiveness, no limits free for all in the deep end of the pool.

Dec 10, 2023, 22:0812/10/23
06/25/20
harleQuinn

It's an idea we talked about before here, putting a loss limit on the OTHER difficulties... Bronze, Silver and low Gold... while having no loss limit in G4-G5. 

That would seem to make sense to me at least. Loss limits at the lowest end of competitiveness, no limits free for all in the deep end of the pool.

I'm not personally opposed to that plan, despite the fact that it'd almost certainly mean I'd be sitting at G3/G4 due to not really being active. However, I'm sure you remember just how hard it was to stay in G5 when they didn't have that loss limit, so I could see others being unhappy about it.

Still - given it's intended to be the top of the arena, it's probably not a bad thing to make it take effort to stay in there.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 10, 2023, 22:2912/10/23
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

I'm not personally opposed to that plan, despite the fact that it'd almost certainly mean I'd be sitting at G3/G4 due to not really being active. However, I'm sure you remember just how hard it was to stay in G5 when they didn't have that loss limit, so I could see others being unhappy about it.

Still - given it's intended to be the top of the arena, it's probably not a bad thing to make it take effort to stay in there.

Oh I remember how tough it was.

For me, it made Classic Arena a fun fight. Of course, the fact Plat went empty for a couple weeks, that was an issue. 😆

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Dec 10, 2023, 23:3212/10/23
06/24/19
harleQuinn

Oh I remember how tough it was.

For me, it made Classic Arena a fun fight. Of course, the fact Plat went empty for a couple weeks, that was an issue. 😆

Ahhh simpler times.