All Categories

Whoever came up with this Shadowkin arena tournament needs to be fired!

Search
Dec 4, 2023, 23:2312/04/23
11/07/23

This is absolutely terrible for any newer players or F2P players.  I literally only have four total Shadowkin champs, and two of them are uncommons that have been leveled to 40 for food.  I have refreshed the arena over 20 times and have only managed to find four fights that I can win with my champs.  Unless you force people to change their defenses to ONLY Shadowkin, there is no way for normal players to actually complete this event!

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 5, 2023, 01:0912/05/23
10/20/23

Uts terible for midgame to high players also...a team built completely of Shadowkin to compete with defenses not under the same restriction...Hello Siphi and Rotos...whatcha gonna do about my full team of Lifetakers...?

Oh ... I see ... totally decimate me and make it impossible for me to get the points...

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 5, 2023, 01:1612/05/23
12/30/20
Rippy Bop Doop Bop

Uts terible for midgame to high players also...a team built completely of Shadowkin to compete with defenses not under the same restriction...Hello Siphi and Rotos...whatcha gonna do about my full team of Lifetakers...?

Oh ... I see ... totally decimate me and make it impossible for me to get the points...

Anyone who's mid game or later should be in g5 and there's plenty of solo/easy defenses to go around. 

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Dec 5, 2023, 01:5612/05/23
Dec 5, 2023, 01:57(edited)
06/24/19

I've farmed about half the tournament already just off of one man defenses.  Feeling quite confident about completing it without much issue.

Dec 5, 2023, 05:2312/05/23
11/07/23
ShortOnSkillz

I've farmed about half the tournament already just off of one man defenses.  Feeling quite confident about completing it without much issue.

I have spent over 9 hours on this game today refreshing every 15 minutes.  That's at least 36 refreshes, and I have 61 points total.  I'm currently #3 in my group, but I have zero confidence in being able to hit 240 points needed to get the points, let alone the 300 needed to get the last reward, especially considering I will have very little time tomorrow due to having to work a 16 hour shift and not being able to be on before work because I have less than 5 hours to sleep after I get home if I go straight to bed.

I am in Silver 2 right now (Have been Silver 3 since starting the game, but people are hitting my solo defense a lot) and it seems like less solo defense today than at any other point since I've been playing.

Dec 5, 2023, 09:2712/05/23
05/03/20
dthorne04

Anyone who's mid game or later should be in g5 and there's plenty of solo/easy defenses to go around. 

I win 25 battles per day in G5 againt solo and weak teams.  That is with my "good" arena team.  lol

We can all adapt for this.  Throw some regen, stoneskin, protection gear on what you have.  They want us to think outside the box.  

Dec 5, 2023, 09:3612/05/23
11/19/22

Remember, you don't have to complete all of the events. You've got 500 points to spare. If something is too hard, skip it and focus on something else.

Dec 5, 2023, 10:1912/05/23
06/02/22

Hi, TBH it's arena and arena is fairly easy, as said above lots of 1 man defs in g5, so hitting the max not an issue. The trick is do what you can, don't stress it's just a game, If you get Tomlin great, if not he's not that special, just a bit of an annoyance in arena.

Dec 5, 2023, 18:4312/05/23
06/25/20
Grymm Gaming

I have spent over 9 hours on this game today refreshing every 15 minutes.  That's at least 36 refreshes, and I have 61 points total.  I'm currently #3 in my group, but I have zero confidence in being able to hit 240 points needed to get the points, let alone the 300 needed to get the last reward, especially considering I will have very little time tomorrow due to having to work a 16 hour shift and not being able to be on before work because I have less than 5 hours to sleep after I get home if I go straight to bed.

I am in Silver 2 right now (Have been Silver 3 since starting the game, but people are hitting my solo defense a lot) and it seems like less solo defense today than at any other point since I've been playing.

Your problem is, quite specifically, that you're in Silver 2. As much as it seems counterintuitive, G5 is infinitely easier. Because of the loss cap, you can essentially just stay in G5 indefinitely, and so people put up plenty of 1-man teams to farm.

You need to make a concerted effort to rise up to G5. That may take lots of refreshing to accomplish, but once you're there it's far easier.

Unfortunately won't help you for this event, though.

Dec 5, 2023, 19:2112/05/23
12/19/19

i

Amazed how many wins I'm getting. 

Xena (miss karma is  a bitch) got me twice already though 😆 

Dec 5, 2023, 21:0612/05/23
05/03/20
Fathertron

Remember, you don't have to complete all of the events. You've got 500 points to spare. If something is too hard, skip it and focus on something else.

except if you skippied i think the summon event that 200 points, that means you only have 100 point to spare, are the turns for dungeons are a knightmare 

Dec 6, 2023, 02:3212/06/23
05/03/20

I started this 7 hours ago and I am about half way done.  I have a timer set for every 15 mins and only fight the one man or weak teams.  

If Plarium wanted to be mean they would have made this a Sylvan event.  

Dec 6, 2023, 09:2712/06/23
11/07/23
kramaswamy.kr

Your problem is, quite specifically, that you're in Silver 2. As much as it seems counterintuitive, G5 is infinitely easier. Because of the loss cap, you can essentially just stay in G5 indefinitely, and so people put up plenty of 1-man teams to farm.

You need to make a concerted effort to rise up to G5. That may take lots of refreshing to accomplish, but once you're there it's far easier.

Unfortunately won't help you for this event, though.

AH, yes, let me just use my two level 60s to suddenly magic my way into Gold 5.  How about post something constructive, and not just assume people have 50 champions at level 60 already.

Dec 6, 2023, 11:0512/06/23
09/21/20

Just becuase it's 'free' doesn't mean it's going to be easy. And to be fair, if you really do only have two level 60s then finishing this Tormin thing may well be a tortuous journey for you anyway. You don't have to do it, and the resources, time and effort it will take you probably aren't worth the aggro.

My constructive comment - focus on other areas of the game and not this Tormin event.

Dec 6, 2023, 14:3212/06/23
06/25/20
Grymm Gaming

AH, yes, let me just use my two level 60s to suddenly magic my way into Gold 5.  How about post something constructive, and not just assume people have 50 champions at level 60 already.

Lol. Really? You have only two level 60s, and you think THIS tournament is the one that is going to prevent you from completing the fusion?

My friend, you have much bigger problems than that. Unless you plan on spending a pile of cash, there is ZERO chance you'll be able to get Tormin with only two level 60s.

Dec 7, 2023, 03:5412/07/23
11/07/23
kramaswamy.kr

Lol. Really? You have only two level 60s, and you think THIS tournament is the one that is going to prevent you from completing the fusion?

My friend, you have much bigger problems than that. Unless you plan on spending a pile of cash, there is ZERO chance you'll be able to get Tormin with only two level 60s.

I didn't say THIS tournament was the one that would prevent me from getting Tormin.  I'm not even going for Tormin.  I'm saying that the event is poorly designed for newer players and even mid-game F2P players.  It's not a "fun" event at all, because you are having to pit your niche champions that in many cases are only leveled for FW anyway against normal defenses.  And that's on top of the already horribly designed arena system to begin with.

For a Christmas event, it is poorly accessible to new players.

Dec 7, 2023, 06:1012/07/23
11/19/22
Grymm Gaming

I didn't say THIS tournament was the one that would prevent me from getting Tormin.  I'm not even going for Tormin.  I'm saying that the event is poorly designed for newer players and even mid-game F2P players.  It's not a "fun" event at all, because you are having to pit your niche champions that in many cases are only leveled for FW anyway against normal defenses.  And that's on top of the already horribly designed arena system to begin with.

For a Christmas event, it is poorly accessible to new players.

Barely any events in Raid are designed to appeal to new players. The last ones I remember were back in April for the starter champ soul stones.

Dec 7, 2023, 22:3412/07/23
05/10/19

Let's be real. This Yule Tide Event is a fusion, or at least a test for future fusions.  

For this Shadowkin Arena, I'm trying to help all with a 1 champ defense.  My Arena tourney benchmark for winter points is 660.  Almost twice compared to what's needed to get a shard or feeder champ during recent fusions.  Just a bogas pixel inflation excuse but without the luxury of one champ defenses moving forward.  

They've added the winter path so I expect something similar in future fusions but it's just a combination of champ training, gear gets, and so on.  Nothing new to see there.   

the Moderator comments are a bit infuriating.  You really think Plarium wants us to put in easy one champ defenses?!?  I don't think that's how Plarium wants the game played.  It's great to see the community gather for this to spread the holiday spirit, but I believe Plarium would block it if they could.

I like playing the game and look forward to new content. I hope Plarium doesn't add more frustration because I'm seeing my clan attendance dropping and low participation overall in certain events and tournaments.

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 8, 2023, 02:1812/08/23
12/30/20
jasonlaro

Let's be real. This Yule Tide Event is a fusion, or at least a test for future fusions.  

For this Shadowkin Arena, I'm trying to help all with a 1 champ defense.  My Arena tourney benchmark for winter points is 660.  Almost twice compared to what's needed to get a shard or feeder champ during recent fusions.  Just a bogas pixel inflation excuse but without the luxury of one champ defenses moving forward.  

They've added the winter path so I expect something similar in future fusions but it's just a combination of champ training, gear gets, and so on.  Nothing new to see there.   

the Moderator comments are a bit infuriating.  You really think Plarium wants us to put in easy one champ defenses?!?  I don't think that's how Plarium wants the game played.  It's great to see the community gather for this to spread the holiday spirit, but I believe Plarium would block it if they could.

I like playing the game and look forward to new content. I hope Plarium doesn't add more frustration because I'm seeing my clan attendance dropping and low participation overall in certain events and tournaments.

As a Moderator: I/we are active in collecting comments/concerns about this specific tournament and the event overall and then sending that feedback along.

Regardless of what Plarium may or may not want, folks have been chucking in single champ defenses to make it easier for them to farm G5 and Tag during the week for as long as I can remember. 

Thus, since I am also a player that's the most feasible suggestion I can or could give players, rather than suggesting they try to make the 4 day+ tournament longer than necessary. 

Dec 8, 2023, 08:2112/08/23
05/03/20

I remember when I wanted to try a fusion.  The forum told me that I wasn't ready yet.  I listened and they were right.  I waited until I could hoard enough resources to complete the fusion.  

Learn to be patient.  Learn to play the game.  You can't get on a NASCAR track the day you learn to drive.  This game is the same.  Be realistic in your expectations.