All Categories

What are some pretty Good sets for Champions?

Search
Sep 24, 2019, 21:0409/24/19
09/04/19

So like the title says, I am simply trying to figure out what are some of the good sets for champions to use in like Arena for example.

I am a rather new player, I only started earlier this month and I have gotten to the mission quest of Reaching Silver 1 in Arena.

My main champions are Athel, and Galek for damage, I also have Arcanist for buffs and currently im using Shaman for revives. This is my arena team, all are 5 stars, level 50 with everyone but Shaman max ascended.

The main thing is for me, is that I don't know what some good sets are for Arena. I have been doing a lot of campaign so I mostly have life steal gear thanks to the 7 day progress rewards for new players, and when I go into the arena I get pretty stomped on by people who are nearly equal in power to me, or sometimes even lower and I can only assume its the gear difference that is affecting it. I go to the recommended but all I can really see is glass cannon like builds that would get destroyed by a faster team.

So with that, I have come to the forums to really just ask for some tips and gear recommendations to aim towards, champions to try and get that are better in arena then what I already have, pretty much just a mini guide for what I can do to try and get to that Silver 1. I'm copper 4 right now, just at the start of it so I just need that little push more and I can get out and continue on with my missions.

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 25, 2019, 18:4709/25/19
Sep 25, 2019, 18:49(edited)
07/14/19

Speed is very important in arena, so many will tell you to stack speed sets.  Shield sets are also useful for arena - especially if you can get some with good stats.  

In your case, you want your buffer (Arcanist) to go first, so stack speed on her.  For your damage dealers (in your case Galek and Athel) use crit rate, offense/cruel or crit damage (always prioritize speed stats no matter which of these you choose).  Support (Shaman in your group) can go either way.  I've seen some people put strong attack on her - she can hit fairly well.  Or you could put a shield set on her and stack HP so she can rez.  Just depends on how you want to play it.  Having a champion with a speed boost ability, shield or some kind of heal is also helpful.  What other champions do you have?

The power stat is not a good basis of your success chance.  Look more at the composition of the opponent.  Check out the skills that their champions have and try to choose something that is a good match/counter.  Also, avoid any fight with Reinbeast.  That thing SUCKS.

I will tell you that the arena is tough until you get some of the better arena champions.  I was stuck in silver 1 until I pulled Gorgorab and Skullcrusher.  I've finally made it up near gold 2.  

Good luck!