All Categories

help with multi-use champs

Search
Nov 28, 2023, 04:2511/28/23
07/10/20

To explain the subject line, how do you handle champs that are top-tier for multiple areas of Raid but where their needed stats for each section differ?

As an example, I use Brogni in my clan boss team. I hit NM currently, and he goes last, so his speed is set at 170. Also, I've got Fatman on the team loaded with ACC and he lands def down/hp burn/poisons easily, so that allowed me to let Brogni's ACC be a little low at 140 to use gear that brought up his HP/DEF etc more, since I don't actually need him to land his HP burn at all. 

But now I want to use Brogni as one of my 18 hydra champs. Suddenly his speed isn't high enough, his ACC is too low, he could prob use some RES... so how do you handle this? And also there's the masteries conundrum, where some that can reduce skill cooldowns are bad for a tuned CB team, but they could be crucial for hydra...

As a ftp player who has played for several years, I have good champs, but do I have 18 who can handle hydra while top-tier guys like Brogni sit it out? No. 

What's the thinking process for champs like Brogni, or UDK, or Scyl, who can used in so many areas?

Thanks in advance, I always appreciate the advice 

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 28, 2023, 06:3311/28/23
06/25/20

The short answer is: don't. Of course, that's entirely dependent on who else you have, but to give you an example, for content which actually matters, the number of champs that I use in multiple places is very, very short. Glancing over my roster quickly, that list is: Kimi, Mithrala, and Lydia. And Lydia I only use in Hydra and Spider H10.

Now, of course, I have the luxury of having a *lot* of champs. With a smaller roster, you'll have more you need to use in multiple places. Some are better suited for that than others. Support champs in particular tend to require pretty much the same gear everywhere.

In your particular case - you simply can't use Brogni anywhere else if he's on your CB team with that speed. It's just too low to be useful anywhere else. On top of which, Brogni isn't terribly great for Hydra to begin with. Though, for that matter, neither are UDK or Scyl.

Hydra has a pretty specific set of requirements, to the point where just about nobody on any of my Hydra teams is used anywhere else. The exception being the aforementioned three.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Nov 28, 2023, 09:4911/28/23
06/24/19

Unfortunately it's very hard to use champs like that in multiple areas if the gear requirements are vastly different.  IMO its better to lock them into one spot with their best possible build, especially if it's Clan Boss since the daily rewards are so valuable.

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 28, 2023, 14:4911/28/23
02/24/19

I use a few champs everywhere, my Duchess would be an example. Of course, that means she isn't as good as she could be in any specific content, since I need her build to work everywhere. On my plat pushes I always regear her, since at the outer edges of the game the "all around build" doesn't work.

And this might be true for you for things like Bommal, Iron Twins, Sandman, Plat Arena, Gold Tag... depending on where you are at gear wise. Like, where the "outer edges" of the game will change... so right now you may need to regear to fight Bommal and push Gold Tag, but not for Iron Twins and the 25s, or perhaps just need a very specific build for Bommal or h10 dungeons.

Basically as my gear improved, my "all around builds" improved to the point my all arounders can complete the h10s and all the DT bosses, including Bommal, and even G4 Tag with no changes. However, for Sand Devil and FK h10 I still need specific builds to run those, and have champs set aside for that purpose. And for Plat Pushes I have to regear a bit still, specifically Duchess.

Nov 28, 2023, 19:4611/28/23
12/19/19

Build for the primary content (pvp/hydra/sand/shogun/fk10) and then make work elsewhere as best you can.

Generally, I advise against "wasting" in a slow CB build as there a gazillion cb comps that likely will work well enough.

I'm way too lazy to gear champs the 1st time let alone regear for specific content weekly 😆. 

Nov 28, 2023, 21:0511/28/23
06/25/20
Trips

Build for the primary content (pvp/hydra/sand/shogun/fk10) and then make work elsewhere as best you can.

Generally, I advise against "wasting" in a slow CB build as there a gazillion cb comps that likely will work well enough.

I'm way too lazy to gear champs the 1st time let alone regear for specific content weekly 😆. 

Says the only person in RSL in Gold Tag/live and still 2-keying UNM :)

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Nov 28, 2023, 22:1211/28/23
06/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Regearing is like, work man.

Nov 28, 2023, 22:4611/28/23
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

I'll likely have quintus b4 I 1key unm.  On 2 accounts 😆  And it's g4 tag :)

Gold 1 live is as meaningless as g5 classic.  Mid g2 is tough for me, but I only have 3 or 4 champs built for it.  

Nov 28, 2023, 22:4811/28/23
12/19/19
ShortOnSkillz

Regearing is like, work man.

Some nice person helped me construct the team on my alt about a year ago (?).  It's 90pct finished with anax in relentless (so so gear). I think only thing left was gearing 2nd ME and tweaking speed on ME 1.... Really no good reason I haven't finished that project. 😕 

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Nov 28, 2023, 22:5911/28/23
06/24/19
Trips

Some nice person helped me construct the team on my alt about a year ago (?).  It's 90pct finished with anax in relentless (so so gear). I think only thing left was gearing 2nd ME and tweaking speed on ME 1.... Really no good reason I haven't finished that project. 😕 

I dunno that's several hundred k silver.  Better to save it for a rainy day.

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 29, 2023, 06:2811/29/23
02/24/19
Trips

Haha, maybe one day you'll get to it and make that nice person proud of you