All Categories

Question about live arena

Search
Nov 26, 2023, 00:4211/26/23
07/05/23

I'm getting very frustrated playing live arena. I don't mind being matched up against players with higher levels than mine. What I don't understand is there some kind of fancy algorithm or whatever that allows opponents to have turn after turn after turn. Into the three last matches I had the opponent in one got nine turns meaning that nine attacks by individual champions before I got a single turn. In the wash one the opponent got to attack 11 times before I got to attack once which in that case I never got to attack it all. My question is is this normal? Are there artifacts that allow your champions to attack repeatedly? I've seen a few that have a chance to Grant an extra turn but I haven't seen any combination where someone to get to attack 11 times in a row. I would appreciate any information about this thank you

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 26, 2023, 01:4811/26/23
07/01/22

Sure I can shed some light on this. You're probably running into champions that are reducing your team's turn meter while increasing their own. Deacon Armstrong and Lyssandra are two really common examples since they do both Increase and Decrease. This means you're not getting turns and they are getting more turns. Especially with Lyssandra since she can also completely wipe out a single champion's turn meter after doing the aoe Increase/Decrease. 

Nov 26, 2023, 01:5011/26/23
06/25/20

The short answer is: they're faster than you. The equation for calculating turns is surprisingly complex, but the jist of it is - the faster you are, the more turns you get, and the more likely it is that you get a turn before they do, even if they "look" like they're going to be next. Couple that with abilities to reduce your turn meter and increase theirs, and it's very possible for them to get a ton of turns before you - especially if you are slow.