All Categories

Bombs questions for Marius

Search
Sep 6, 2019, 12:0409/06/19
04/30/19

Hello, 

According to Marius: “Bomb damage depends on the Champions ATK and is, indeed, affected by the Increase/Decrease ATK effects. It also ignores the target's DEF values completely, which is why it can be very valuable. “  

I start tested bomb heroes and I have questions:  

1. “Bomb damage depends on the Champions ATK and is, indeed, affected by the Increase/Decrease ATK effects” – When? At the application or the moment before they explode? 

2. Do the bombs crit? So far I never crit with them / bad luck maybe/ 

3. Mastery tree – are the bombs proc the warmaster or giant slayer?  Also there are really no mastery that are good for bomb hero except  3 of them: Blade Disciple, Pinpoint Accuracy Charged Focus. Is Heart of Glory do 5% more bombs damage? The same question for Single Out, Bring It Down? Big disappointment for Master Hexer, is useless for bomb hero. 

4. “It also ignores the target's DEF values completely, which is why it can be very valuable. “  - Where exactly me/we can use a bomb hero? The bomb multiplayer /Magmablood is 3.1/ and still this is ULTRA low. If I manage somehow to make him with 6000+ attack the bomb will do 18 600 damage after 2 turns. With 4 turn cd. Athel with mediocre gear is doing without GS 30 000 damage every turn with basic attack. / I write Athel because she is also rare a Magmablood /.  So where is this “can be very valuable” – Red potion dungeon? Even a uncommon heroes making more damage there than my Magmablood 

5. Why bomb explosion is affecting only the person with bomb, but not the people around? Why HP burn hit all around? Explosion vs Burn - Where is the logic?

6. Can me/we will see improvement in bomb system / damage BOOST/? It is pathetic clan boss to receive the same bomb damage as ordinary mob from campaign. 

Thank you in advance,

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 6, 2019, 12:3809/06/19
Sep 6, 2019, 12:43(edited)
02/22/19

svetmentorski said:

Hello, 

According to Marius: “Bomb damage depends on the Champions ATK and is, indeed, affected by the Increase/Decrease ATK effects. It also ignores the target's DEF values completely, which is why it can be very valuable. “  

I start tested bomb heroes and I have questions:  

1. “Bomb damage depends on the Champions ATK and is, indeed, affected by the Increase/Decrease ATK effects” – When? At the application or the moment before they explode? 

2. Do the bombs crit? So far I never crit with them / bad luck maybe/ 

3. Mastery tree – are the bombs proc the warmaster or giant slayer?  Also there are really no mastery that are good for bomb hero except  3 of them: Blade Disciple, Pinpoint Accuracy Charged Focus. Is Heart of Glory do 5% more bombs damage? The same question for Single Out, Bring It Down? Big disappointment for Master Hexer, is useless for bomb hero. 

4. “It also ignores the target's DEF values completely, which is why it can be very valuable. “  - Where exactly me/we can use a bomb hero? The bomb multiplayer /Magmablood is 3.1/ and still this is ULTRA low. If I manage somehow to make him with 6000+ attack the bomb will do 18 600 damage after 2 turns. With 4 turn cd. Athel with mediocre gear is doing without GS 30 000 damage every turn with basic attack. / I write Athel because she is also rare a Magmablood /.  So where is this “can be very valuable” – Red potion dungeon? Even a uncommon heroes making more damage there than my Magmablood 

5. Why bomb explosion is affecting only the person with bomb, but not the people around? Why HP burn hit all around? Explosion vs Burn - Where is the logic?

6. Can me/we will see improvement in bomb system / damage BOOST/? It is pathetic clan boss to receive the same bomb damage as ordinary mob from campaign. 

Thank you in advance,

The way I see it, it might make sense to have bomb dmg also be based on max enemy HP in addition to scaling with the champions atk. Since the bomb only deals dmg once, in contrast to poison or HP burn, I wouldn't see this as a dramatic change that would overpower those two abilities. Sure, the scaling might need to be adjusted, but at least that way these champions would become an alternative for clan boss.

Sep 6, 2019, 13:3809/06/19
03/04/19
  1. Bomb damage is based on ATK at the moment they are placed. Damage seems to scale linearly with a +50% ATK buff increasing damage by 50%.
  2. Never seen them crit, don't think they're supposed to. Bombs seem to be about dependable/predictable damage.
  3. Bombs use ATK for damage and ACC to stick and they hit once so you don't want duration extenders. A duration shortener would be nice in some cases but as it is there isn't much mastery support (though you probably want the ACC boosters anyway).
  4. For 1-shotting champs in arena mostly.
  5. .
  6. I think letting bombs proc WM/GS would go a long way toward making them viable for clan boss

Sep 6, 2019, 19:2809/06/19
08/05/19
I think this is a great thread any very well put together I hope it gets a response. Bombs are very lackluster in the game. You wait up to 3 turns for a 7-8k damage bomb seems very... well un bomb like. I think having them affected by masteries would help a lot and maybe bump up the base damage on them. Also letting them crit would be a big help. 
Sep 7, 2019, 08:1509/07/19
Sep 7, 2019, 10:45(edited)
04/30/19

Shield Anvil said: 

For 1-shotting champs in arena mostly. 

How can you one shot someone in arena with bombs when they need 2-3 turn to explode? Even if you make this to one turn - the damage is not enough to kill someone in arena. If you somehow have a 10K attack - the bomb damage will be 30 - 31K. If some other NOT bomb hero have 10K attack... man he will hit like a truck with his basic, not to mention some skills