All Categories

IMMUNITY and shield are broken? (In a negative way)

Search
Aug 26, 2019, 22:3308/26/19
05/25/19

Is there a reason for why immunity does not protect against attack guage reduction effect? If this is a debuff then therefore should be protected by immunity? If not, could someone reference where it says immunity does not protect aginst this please. The game is not very helpful when it comes to learning more about its mechanics. 

EDIT: was playing around some more with skills and apparantely, immunity does not protect against reset cool down effects either... Plarium please release game mechanics. Im so confused as to how things work when nothing does what they are suppose to. 

Also, i know there are some masteries that make monsters hit harder when a player has shield buff on, and some monsters that even ignore shield. But why do normal monsters sometimes hit through shield (while shield is still up)? Again if there is anything about shield only protecting against a certain % of damage vs 100% of the shield value than please reference. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 26, 2019, 23:4108/26/19
07/04/19

arojr119 said:

But why do normal monsters sometimes hit through shield (while shield is still up)? Again if there is anything about shield only protecting against a certain % of damage vs 100% of the shield value than please reference. 

Not sure myself but maybe cruel and savage artifact . both ignore enemy def . 
Aug 27, 2019, 00:5708/27/19
05/25/19

Yes, but it doesnt ignore invinsibility effect. And to some degree, shield is a damage absorbtion buff, so if ignore def. Could ignore shield, then by that logic it should also ignore invinsibility effects. 

In any case shield does not take into effect (if im not wrong) defense. So it just absorbs raw damage. So ignoring defense wouldnt make much sense. 
Aug 27, 2019, 01:0108/27/19
03/22/19

Some champs have abilities that remove buffs in their attack and what I've seen the buff will be removed before the damage is applied so if it is a shield buff, it won't block any damage because of the removal. A few champs also have abilities that completely ignore both shields and block damage buffs, these are pretty few and far between though.

As for the turn meter and Immunity set, it's possible that it's not intended since turn meter reductions can be resisted like other debuffs. Best way to confirm would be to test if turn meter reductions are blocked by 'debuff-blocking buffs' and you should get a definitive answer as to how it is supposed to work.

Aug 27, 2019, 05:0608/27/19
05/25/19

GoodGuyGlen said:

Some champs have abilities that remove buffs in their attack and what I've seen the buff will be removed before the damage is applied so if it is a shield buff, it won't block any damage because of the removal. 

True that there are monsters with the ability to strip buffs. However, that is not what im refering to. In the case scenerio that i present, neither shield nor inmunity is stripped. They are both still active but somehow get bypass by players who do not posses the ability to strip or attack through shield. 

Aug 27, 2019, 05:0808/27/19
03/22/19
You're going to have to provide some additional information, because you haven't stated where this is happening, with what champs you're using, where the shield is coming from, what is hitting the shielded target, etc, etc.
Aug 27, 2019, 08:3608/27/19
Aug 27, 2019, 08:37(edited)
05/25/19

GoodGuyGlen said:

You're going to have to provide some additional information, because you haven't stated where this is happening, with what champs you're using, where the shield is coming from, what is hitting the shielded target, etc, etc.
Edit: this happens in arena

Fair point. The monster im using is H. SMASHLORD F. Skinwalker. he has a 2 turn immunity and i have shield set on him. He has 83k hp, tanky enough to take a decent hit. I also just tested him against warlord, who resets skill cooldown (in his skill description, however, there is nothing that says it is 100% effective or that the skill cannot be denied/blocked). However when faced against him, i had immunity up and he still reset my team. I couldnt give you specific examples of when enemies hit through active shield cause there are several monsters, but Lua from dark elfs will decrease my teams atk guage bar even with immunity up