All Categories

Is Plarium trying to kill their own game?

Search
Nov 20, 2023, 05:3911/20/23
08/01/23

There seems to be this growing divide between players who are F2P or low-spenders to the giant whales that spend thousands of dollars on this game per month. From the recent event that just came out with the new battle pass, it really makes me wonder if Plarium is actively trying to destroy their own game or to piss off their customers. 

I get it, the game is made to also make money as any business should. The method in which they do it and are extremely predatory by spamming you with "omg you're gonna miss out if you don't buy this now" is absurd. I understand if you want to spend your own money playing the game and that's your perogative. The issue that I and many other players are having is that there are just so many new champs that it dultes the pool of even getting very good champs now. 

Even the new 15x 20x 25x event was just as tone-deaf as it seems like the guys who are making the decision at Plarium will take an idea that people want and then go "hey, this is what the people want. How can we make this idea even WORSE?"

There is also new competition coming out with games like WOR and even the creator HH is making a new game as well. I've been playing the game just shy of a year, and I can honestly see for myself and feel it's that much more difficult to complete events for fushions without costing an arm and a leg. 

What do you guys think? This is my honest feedback and I'd like to hear if you agree or not.

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 20, 2023, 08:2711/20/23
Nov 20, 2023, 08:31(edited)
11/06/21

In fact I participated in 25x and you know I liked it...if you have enough shards it can really give you the champion you need. This spring I open 700 Ancients on 2x 10x Valkyrie. i got drop 6 or 7 leg champions and i didn't get valkyrie....this 25x works better in that regard. Before participating I thought this was a bad event. my opinion has changed.

With regards to Xena - selling her is just a spit in the face of all those who watched the series with her once. If it weren’t for her, I wouldn’t be so offended. but I'm fan of the series, F2P and I see Xena for $40 and I have only obscene ones.

Nov 20, 2023, 11:5211/20/23
08/01/23

For the shards, it's cool if you need the specific champs that they offer, but it's kind of a slap in the face that you get such a small pool to even choose from. It would be way better if you can actually choose from at least half of the legendaries/epics to get what you need. Otherwise, you're just only using shards on a regular 10x event it feels because you don't get the bonus of extra chance on epics/leggos.

I definitely agree with you on the Xena being behind the pay wall being a slap in the face, because I would have wanted to get her. For 40$? Lol? No thanks, that's literally the price for a full game in some cases and this is just ONE leggo. She isn't even all that broken, just decent at arena and there are still others WAY better than her.

As for Nusya, were you talking about raid or another game? I didn't understand what you meant when you said weapon/mech modifications. 

It's just honestly heart breaking to see a company so hell bent on catering to less than 5% of the player base whereas if they focused on the other people, they could literally make even more money by actually LISTENING to the people and not being tone-deaf. 

Nov 20, 2023, 14:0211/20/23
05/26/22

If you play any game long enough the parts of the game that you found less interresting are going to become down right tedious and the parts of the game you found fun will turn boring. Eventually it just starts feeling like work and not a game. "I must do this this and this to stay relevant or progress."

I played WOW pretty close to day 1 when it released if not day one abd it was a ton of fun. If that game came out today I would think, "What a piece of %^&#." It was buggy, it was menotinous, etc. But it was novel at the time so I still had a great time. I mean, I probably spent hours waiting to kill the messenger before someone else killed him. That just wouldn't fly today. 

I guess what I am saying is that Palarium, if they want to keep their old player base needs to inject new content that is different enough to be interresting and cut down on the menoteny. The Hydra Challenge was a move in the wrong direction. Making people spend hours and hours to meet dungeon divers is not what they should be doing. Don't make this a job for your player base. 

Nov 20, 2023, 17:1011/20/23
01/25/23

I'm F2P and I could care less about the devs kissing up to whales. I don't really expect to win a P2W game playing F2P. I did react when they introduced a new bunch of even-harder-to-get champs-I will-never-own by not playing for a month. But I wasn't really entertained by other games, so I started playing this one again.

I don't believe the devs actually play the game. (I do NOT mean our mods, who do play!) I think they have this joint account they can log into where every champ is maxed out and they base their decisions on that unreality. The replies they give when they send out their spokespeople are almost arrogant. They are clearly out of touch with the player base. They tell us to not even bother putting suggestions here, to put them in discord, because they basically do not even read the forum. And where in Discord exactly do they want suggestions? You know what I mean. They have discord mods so they don't have to be in touch there either.

I can only say about Xena that I am a huge fan and they did her wrong. I'm F2P so it's a moot point, but where's Gabby? I don't want this pseudo-Xena. If some miracle happens like season 2 episode 9, and I found her under the solstice tree, OK. But that's never going to happen. She's just a new decoration for the whales. I doubt they will even use her. It's like the difference between having and loving. 

So I agree and disagree. I do think the devs are in lala land, but I resigned myself to the equivalent of nose bleed seats in this game a while ago. Otherwise, why bother?

Nov 20, 2023, 18:3911/20/23
12/19/19

Another f2p spending strike has plarium shaking in their boots... 

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Nov 20, 2023, 21:0411/20/23
06/24/19
Trips

As it should, after the resounding success of all the previous ones.

Nov 21, 2023, 00:3111/21/23
Nov 21, 2023, 00:44(edited)
07/01/22

I haven't spent in 3 months other than Raid Card. Once you get to a certain stage with your account, you don't spend unless the deal is something you actually need OR its really good.

Xena's Battle pass is a good deal, but I don't need her for any form of progression so I'm not buying it. 

Fusions can be done without spending, just stockpile Gems and Shards. Of the past 11 months, Pythion and Gnut have been the only two great ones. I also did Razel and Jetni (and wish I hadn't have bothered with Jetni). We've been given great Free Champions during that time too. Wukong and Artak are incredible for any F2P account.

Primal Shard prices and Soulstones are still ridiculous, so I don't buy them and honestly, I don't *need* them to clear content.

I have no problem with Krakens or Whales, because I'm not competing against them. I'm not doing Platinum Arena (and its cute they have their own tier, but its a Pay2Win game, so ofcourse they do) and I'm not going for Top Tier Live Arena either.

The only place I run into Krakens or Whales is in CvC, but honestly what am I really losing if my clan doesn't win? Several Thousand Energy and a few Shards? Resources I didn't actually have anyway, they were going to be a bonus?

I could understand if you were losing stuff because of them. Like if you lost CvC, you'd lose 1000 gems or a bunch of chickens or something. But you're not losing anything, you're just not getting what they are. So the gap doesn't matter. 

You have 2 options: Patience or Spending. If you want stuff now, then you gotta pay but be smart. The Daily Gem for $10 that gets you 2000+ Gems is one of the best deals that are always available. In December, Plarium puts out some of the best deals. So again, Patience.

EDIT: Just to clarify the Raid Card, its essentially 30 cents a day for 70 Multis and 20% XP/Silver, and I play daily, so its good for my playstyle.

Nov 21, 2023, 10:4611/21/23
11/06/21
PorkinsJek

For the shards, it's cool if you need the specific champs that they offer, but it's kind of a slap in the face that you get such a small pool to even choose from. It would be way better if you can actually choose from at least half of the legendaries/epics to get what you need. Otherwise, you're just only using shards on a regular 10x event it feels because you don't get the bonus of extra chance on epics/leggos.

I definitely agree with you on the Xena being behind the pay wall being a slap in the face, because I would have wanted to get her. For 40$? Lol? No thanks, that's literally the price for a full game in some cases and this is just ONE leggo. She isn't even all that broken, just decent at arena and there are still others WAY better than her.

As for Nusya, were you talking about raid or another game? I didn't understand what you meant when you said weapon/mech modifications. 

It's just honestly heart breaking to see a company so hell bent on catering to less than 5% of the player base whereas if they focused on the other people, they could literally make even more money by actually LISTENING to the people and not being tone-deaf. 

small pool hahahahah bro do you see what's happening now? it's just trolling, look :))) 

Nov 21, 2023, 12:2911/21/23
06/03/23

What until you figure out that random, can be random and still have manipulated outcomes, that promote addictive behaviors.   The end all be all elephant in the room?  None of this is worth anything without players.  Not one "thing" in this game is worth more than the "playerbase" itself.  You are the value of this game.

Nov 21, 2023, 19:5911/21/23
Nov 21, 2023, 20:02(edited)
01/15/21

OP as you say, they are a business- so the big spenders are the most important players by far to them as they make the profit for them.

It doesnt mean that plarium has no need of ftp players as some claim. If three quarters of ftp players were to disappear then a lot of spenders would as well since people want to play a 'big and popular' game not something with just a few thousand whales in the playerbase.

But it does mean the game is geared towards seperating whales from more of their wallets.

I have seen gaming change over the decades, from buying games up front, to a monthly sub and now microtransactions and it seems microtransactions is what makes the money.

As for the game dying? i have heard it is dying since i first started playing 3.5 years ago.

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 21, 2023, 22:1911/21/23
02/24/19
Trips

Haha 😆

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 21, 2023, 22:1911/21/23
02/24/19

But seriously, thanks for your feedback everyone. I'll pass along the thoughts I'm seeing here.

Nov 21, 2023, 23:0511/21/23
06/03/23

I play EQ and have for 25 years now.  It's death has been predicted or over two decades.  IT IS a dead game btw,  but it still makes a profit.  The entire player base is maybe, 50k regular players.  Everyone "cheats".  The entire game has become the cheat developers play ground.  It was a multi player, single account, first person rpg.  

Now it's si accounts at a minimum per player.  No one orms si person groups anymore.  Everyone is a si person team or two si person teams or some who raid, and I'm not kidding, have 12 teams, each comprised of six accounts or 72 accounts one person owns at $5.99 per month each...

How far away from the original EQ is EQ now?  I's not even the same game at all.  The creaters would be heart broken.  

Just saying.