All Categories

Polymorph - Good on high res champs?

Search
Nov 11, 2023, 14:3311/11/23
09/16/21

I have a UDK with 650res and 400acc. Five star blessing. Would poly be a good choice?

does it proc on an attempted debuff or a landed debuff

my UDK doesnt get debuffed often and I'm afraid it will be a waste. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 11, 2023, 15:5311/11/23
12/16/21

It doesn't proc unless they land a debuff on the champ

Nov 11, 2023, 18:5211/11/23
06/25/20

So, the short answer is "no". You won't get debuffed, so you won't benefit from Polymorph.

The long answer is - why are you building your UDK with so much RES, and, especially, so much ACC? That's not his job at all. His job is to survive, not land debuffs. And resisting debuffs helps a bit, sure, but really you should have someone else on the team whose job it is to remove those.

You want UDK to have a ton of HP and DEF. That's all. Any other stats are more or less wasted.

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 11, 2023, 20:2711/11/23
12/30/20
kramaswamy.kr

So, the short answer is "no". You won't get debuffed, so you won't benefit from Polymorph.

The long answer is - why are you building your UDK with so much RES, and, especially, so much ACC? That's not his job at all. His job is to survive, not land debuffs. And resisting debuffs helps a bit, sure, but really you should have someone else on the team whose job it is to remove those.

You want UDK to have a ton of HP and DEF. That's all. Any other stats are more or less wasted.

Going to have to disagree with this if for no other reason: Wukong. 

Building a higher res UDK is just good business now. With the Wukong hybrid builds - if not pure damage - being pretty popular I think it's a huge mistake not to build UDK with high res now since he'll eat the Wukong A2. Even if it's against the pure damage build we want at least a little RES. 

accuracy is more up for debate, since UDK isn't a bad one to have Poly on when he does get debuffed. 

Nov 11, 2023, 20:3211/11/23
09/16/21

I mean he's at 6k defense and 70k hp. He can tank. I wanted him to tank for longer fights and most of my good rolled resist gear is in perception. I didn't intend to hit that accuracy. But I get what you're saying

Nov 11, 2023, 20:4211/11/23
06/25/20
dthorne04

Going to have to disagree with this if for no other reason: Wukong. 

Building a higher res UDK is just good business now. With the Wukong hybrid builds - if not pure damage - being pretty popular I think it's a huge mistake not to build UDK with high res now since he'll eat the Wukong A2. Even if it's against the pure damage build we want at least a little RES. 

accuracy is more up for debate, since UDK isn't a bad one to have Poly on when he does get debuffed. 

That's fair, and if I'm being honest I'm mostly talking about offense, not defense or live, where you can pick your battles. I'll yield to your obviously more current experience 

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 12, 2023, 05:2511/12/23
12/30/20
kramaswamy.kr

That's fair, and if I'm being honest I'm mostly talking about offense, not defense or live, where you can pick your battles. I'll yield to your obviously more current experience 

Fair enough. I view it pretty similar for offense/defense (makes it easier to hunt Wukong on offense), but the way you're going about it is definitely how I tried to build UDK pre Wukong. max out HP/DEF, ignore everything else.