All Categories

Please rethink clash reward system

Search
Oct 25, 2023, 10:3510/25/23
01/15/21

Every single week despite saying "never again" I manual hydra. 

Almost Every single week the matchmaking ensures we come fourth and we get nothing for the effort and I tell myself never again. I have won jewelry once since this mode started.

Please consider some sort of reward for fourth and fifth place even if it is lower chests.

All this mode is doing is annoying the heck out of people who take the time but get nothing and causing grief in clans when people don't use their keys because of time etc.

This being the only way to get prot jewelry makes it even worse

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 25, 2023, 13:3010/25/23
11/16/20

I used my A team vs hard this week on auto.

It got 50 mil damage. This same team on maual does 120-150mil vs brutal and 60-70 vs NM.

I didnt care at all this week and didnt want to bother so the only key I used was that hard key and to see how bad auto battle is on hydra.

I used to one key NM/Brutal/Hard, but the way points work I only hit brutal down now. This gets me the most clash points. The entire system honestly sucks, using auto on hydra would be okay if just getting min for top chest but even then auto is terrible and doesnt even focus heads that eat people.

This entire mode is a huge pita. I dont even want to bother with hydra at all thanks to it.

Clash, hydra, and auto battles all need to be updated.

Oct 25, 2023, 13:4110/25/23
01/15/21
evilized6666

I used my A team vs hard this week on auto.

It got 50 mil damage. This same team on maual does 120-150mil vs brutal and 60-70 vs NM.

I didnt care at all this week and didnt want to bother so the only key I used was that hard key and to see how bad auto battle is on hydra.

I used to one key NM/Brutal/Hard, but the way points work I only hit brutal down now. This gets me the most clash points. The entire system honestly sucks, using auto on hydra would be okay if just getting min for top chest but even then auto is terrible and doesnt even focus heads that eat people.

This entire mode is a huge pita. I dont even want to bother with hydra at all thanks to it.

Clash, hydra, and auto battles all need to be updated.

Yeh i feel the same way, i took a break a year or so ago but to be honest the whole thing just makes me want to uninstall and walk away for good.

Who has well over three spare hours to manual a single mode that more often than not gives zero rewards?. And yet if you want to compete the protection accesories are going to become more important.

I still hit NM but otherwise i am the same as you on auto vs manual. I can do one keys on auto (just) but not well enough for a good clash contribution on auto- the AI seems to actively work against you, ignoring heads that have eaten an ally.

Oct 25, 2023, 19:2210/25/23
06/25/20

The reward system is only part of the problem. The real, underlying problem, is that Hydra Clash rewards time investment to an extreme degree. And the best solution I've come up with, namely, a checkpoint system to allow restarting without time wasted, still represents an extreme amount of time invested.

Oct 26, 2023, 12:0910/26/23
01/15/21
kramaswamy.kr

The reward system is only part of the problem. The real, underlying problem, is that Hydra Clash rewards time investment to an extreme degree. And the best solution I've come up with, namely, a checkpoint system to allow restarting without time wasted, still represents an extreme amount of time invested.

Time is of course a major issue, but the clash mechanism is too.

Once you have 1 key teams why on earth bother to improve if the matchmaking system will just keep making it harder to get anything?

Right now teams scoring 3 billion points are getting as many accessories as those scoring 60 billion

Oct 26, 2023, 12:2010/26/23
02/28/22
Trevor Wilson

Time is of course a major issue, but the clash mechanism is too.

Once you have 1 key teams why on earth bother to improve if the matchmaking system will just keep making it harder to get anything?

Right now teams scoring 3 billion points are getting as many accessories as those scoring 60 billion

I think, and don't take this personally, it makes me smile when folk talk about the problems when your clan gets billions of points, I think most clans struggle to just get the first chest, my clan usually manages 350m - 400m in total

The issue for most clans and folk who participate in the clash is that they don't hit the minimum requirements to get any rewards, not clan *** beat us even though we wasted time doing it and they scored billions more than we did

Oct 26, 2023, 14:0910/26/23
Oct 26, 2023, 14:12(edited)
01/15/21

^^^ No offence taken at all, but it's exactly the same issue as you describe, people spending hours each week manualling the mode and getting nothing week after week. 

What does it matter if I score a billion points on my own if I get nothing every week? I am in the same boat as the person scoring 20 million.

Of course CVC is like this, but CVC rewards aren't unique and only available from CVC (you can get the CVC rings even when losing)

The obvious solution is Have a chest or two below the current ones and have scaling rewards down to 5th

Oct 26, 2023, 15:3410/26/23
02/28/22
Trevor Wilson

^^^ No offence taken at all, but it's exactly the same issue as you describe, people spending hours each week manualling the mode and getting nothing week after week. 

What does it matter if I score a billion points on my own if I get nothing every week? I am in the same boat as the person scoring 20 million.

Of course CVC is like this, but CVC rewards aren't unique and only available from CVC (you can get the CVC rings even when losing)

The obvious solution is Have a chest or two below the current ones and have scaling rewards down to 5th

I agree - I don't understand the rationale that stops participants getting something, one piece of jewellry isn't going to upset the balance of power, especially by grinding weekly everyone will  eventually get Mithralla without ever hitting the requirement to get a reward in clash

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 26, 2023, 17:2210/26/23
02/24/19

Thanks for your feedback gentlemen. I will pass it all on to Plarium.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 26, 2023, 17:2310/26/23
02/24/19

(Also.... Please anyone else feel free to share your thoughts too, I'll keep collecting!)

Oct 26, 2023, 20:5510/26/23
06/02/22

Lol, I spent 30+ minutes getting a 22m score, redone it scored 17m after a long time thought sod this and took the lower score. Perhaps a method whereby you could choose your score from the restarts that you do would be a good idea. Too much time it takes that I just don't have. :(

Oct 27, 2023, 09:1610/27/23
05/03/20

It is a slippery slope to give away particpation rewards.   All of this game I have been behind others with better champs and gear.  I am willing to be behind others before I take a reward just for trying, but not succeeding.  

I have won the lowest clash chest a few times.  I have tried brutal a few times and my scores are terrible.  I try to get 10m on hard (x2) and get the other 15m on 2 normal keys.  I auto except when the hydra eat one of my champs then I go manual.  Its not perfect but it works until I get better champs and gear.  

Oct 27, 2023, 10:1610/27/23
06/13/23
Dave

Lol, I spent 30+ minutes getting a 22m score, redone it scored 17m after a long time thought sod this and took the lower score. Perhaps a method whereby you could choose your score from the restarts that you do would be a good idea. Too much time it takes that I just don't have. :(

I've had that happen a few timers before. Been like "I think I can do better" then just keep getting crappy head spawns for the team and just end up settling for a lower score. 

Oct 27, 2023, 12:3610/27/23
01/15/21
ClosedPoly

It is a slippery slope to give away particpation rewards.   All of this game I have been behind others with better champs and gear.  I am willing to be behind others before I take a reward just for trying, but not succeeding.  

I have won the lowest clash chest a few times.  I have tried brutal a few times and my scores are terrible.  I try to get 10m on hard (x2) and get the other 15m on 2 normal keys.  I auto except when the hydra eat one of my champs then I go manual.  Its not perfect but it works until I get better champs and gear.  

With the way matchmaking works there is no point in improving your score since they just give you harder opponents the next time

They set CVC up this way to encourage Kraken's to do what Kraken's do but I'm not sure Kraken's can buy their way to winning clash so I can only assume the intention was to improve participation in hydra

I think it will have the opposite effect

Oct 27, 2023, 12:4410/27/23
Oct 27, 2023, 12:45(edited)
06/13/23
Trevor Wilson

With the way matchmaking works there is no point in improving your score since they just give you harder opponents the next time

They set CVC up this way to encourage Kraken's to do what Kraken's do but I'm not sure Kraken's can buy their way to winning clash so I can only assume the intention was to improve participation in hydra

Krakens could buy their way to winning clash. They would just be spending a ton on shards and pulling till they got the perfect teams. Then on energy farming all the ascensions for champs and gear. 

I agree wth the not too much reason to improve beyond thresholds. Like last week since I did above 35M in 2 keys I didn't even use my 3rd key. Since that would have pushed us to even harder opponents since my Team 3 would have been a Normal run and would have gotten 10-20M more points. (You might be thinking 10M-20M isn't a lot. But we were first last Clash with 180M. 2nd Clan was only at 130M.) So 20M more points would have changed the game probably vs what we normally fight. 

Might start dying after getting the points to 1 chest Hard and Normal to keep our points down overall but keep me in chests. At the moment in our clash highest is at 131M with 30 keys used. No point pushing beyond 35M till I can get 140M alone for that chest.

Oct 27, 2023, 21:3110/27/23
05/03/20
Trevor Wilson

This game is a business.  The focus will always be to increase spending and profit.  As F2P or low spend, we know we are at a disadvantage.  Plarium provides just enough freebies to the small players to keep them interested.  I think the trend has been for Plarium to give us more freebies as time goes by.  Or I am "gitting gud" and winning more.  

Oct 27, 2023, 22:3210/27/23
12/19/19
ClosedPoly

This game is a business.  The focus will always be to increase spending and profit.  As F2P or low spend, we know we are at a disadvantage.  Plarium provides just enough freebies to the small players to keep them interested.  I think the trend has been for Plarium to give us more freebies as time goes by.  Or I am "gitting gud" and winning more.  

The former 😀

Oct 27, 2023, 23:0110/27/23
05/03/20
Trips

The former 😀

I am crestfallen.  I thought for sure I was gitting gudder.  :)

Oct 28, 2023, 16:5010/28/23
11/10/20

You want to know what really Suxz about it,, 

My clan has come in FIRST everytime since it started and has got NOTHING 

because we did not hit the 35 million mark 

NOW THAT REALLY SUXZ !!!!!!

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 30, 2023, 06:2110/30/23
02/24/19
ClosedPoly

I am crestfallen.  I thought for sure I was gitting gudder.  :)

One day you'll get a compliment from Trips... then you'll know you've made it