All Categories

Just pulled Martyr - Looking for some creative ways to get into Fire Knight Hard

Just pulled Martyr - Looking for some creative ways to get into Fire Knight Hard

Search
Sep 22, 2023, 16:5309/22/23
06/16/22

Looking to theorycraft (or possibly build an existing team) using Martyr, who I was super excited to pull from a Prism Shard this morning. 

I was thinking

• Martyr
  • Fahrakin
  • Yakarl
  • Gnut
  • Criodan

What are the potential problems I could run into when running this comp? Does anyone have "general" guidelines how to build out this team with their speeds / hp / def. I assume I need to potentially have Martyr go first at the boss, place counterattack, and survive the first big shield hit to hopefully not wipe me. 

i

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 22, 2023, 19:3809/22/23
06/25/20

Don't bother. Won't work. You won't be able to bring the boss shield down before it's first attack, and you won't survive that attack.

Sep 22, 2023, 19:4709/22/23
06/25/20

As for teams, search my name and you'll find my topic with a team built around gnut and yakarl. The CA version I ran with valk, who is obligatory for the shield, but won't work on auto past 6.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Sep 22, 2023, 23:4109/22/23
06/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Don't bother. Won't work. You won't be able to bring the boss shield down before it's first attack, and you won't survive that attack.

Martyr in a shield set can give you enough survivability but the stats are a bit nutty IIRC.

Sep 23, 2023, 00:1609/23/23
06/25/20
ShortOnSkillz

Martyr in a shield set can give you enough survivability but the stats are a bit nutty IIRC.

Honestly, even if you could manage to survive it, timing the cooldowns properly to ensure that the CA goes up before each attack is going to be almost impossible. And if instead the goal is to use yakarl and gnut to maintain tm control, that's going to be absolutely impossible without speedup at very least, and even with that, the entire team needs to be 300+ spd.

Sep 23, 2023, 00:3709/23/23
06/16/22
kramaswamy.kr

Honestly, even if you could manage to survive it, timing the cooldowns properly to ensure that the CA goes up before each attack is going to be almost impossible. And if instead the goal is to use yakarl and gnut to maintain tm control, that's going to be absolutely impossible without speedup at very least, and even with that, the entire team needs to be 300+ spd.

Criodan has speed up btw.

So, I see that Fire Knight Hard Stage 6 has 18 counts of shield...If Martyr does CA before the first FK turn, thats:

Criodan (3 hits)

Gnut (3 hits)

Yakarl (2 hits)

Fahrakin (1hit)

Martyr (1 hit)

Total of 10 for the first CA, then Fahrakin gets an ally attack with the same 10, cracking the shield. 

Yakarl puts decrease speed on, Criodan puts increase speed up, and Criodan, Yakarl and Gnut are constantly putting freeze on boss.

I feel like it's farily maneable no? 

Here's a link to a team using Stag Knight, Mithrala, Helicath, Fahrakin and Coldheart https://youtu.be/2sqn95cgaXA 

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 23, 2023, 01:4209/23/23
02/24/19
kmanmott

So, I see that Fire Knight Hard Stage 6 has 18 counts of shield...If Martyr does CA before the first FK turn, thats:

Criodan (3 hits)

Gnut (3 hits)

Yakarl (2 hits)

Fahrakin (1hit)

Martyr (1 hit)

Total of 10 for the first CA, then Fahrakin gets an ally attack with the same 10, cracking the shield. 

Yakarl puts decrease speed on, Criodan puts increase speed up, and Criodan, Yakarl and Gnut are constantly putting freeze on boss.

Here's a link to a team using Stag Knight, Mithrala, Helicath, Fahrakin and Coldheart https://youtu.be/2sqn95cgaXA 

I just use Razelvarg and with his passive and his Inc Speed it was more than enough to do FK6 with double Ally Attackers (Fatman and Kreela) even as slow as 230 and 220, a 225 Gnut and a similar Criodan.

Bunny was 300 speed. But it's definitely not as insane as Kram is making it out to be. Can farm 6 with mediocre stats without a big issue, and I didn't even have a slow on that... just make sure Gnut has enough accuracy to land his TM decrease.

Sep 23, 2023, 02:3509/23/23
06/25/20

I'll concede that 6 is doable. I was referring to 10.

Sep 23, 2023, 02:4409/23/23
07/01/22
kmanmott

Criodan (3 hits)

Gnut (3 hits)

Yakarl (2 hits)

Fahrakin (1hit)

Martyr (1 hit)

You have Coldheart, she is still viable on FK Hard. Now the biggest obstacle is her survivability but I've used her on Stage 6 Hard without too much issue. Yakarl is a bit of a mistake I think believe it or not. You have most of the champs used in 2 of the 3 teams in this  video so I'd try some of them (replace Cardiel with Fahrakin for example)

https://youtu.be/WcSGPSSC9S4

Sep 23, 2023, 03:3109/23/23
06/16/22
Onikage55

You have Coldheart, she is still viable on FK Hard. Now the biggest obstacle is her survivability but I've used her on Stage 6 Hard without too much issue. Yakarl is a bit of a mistake I think believe it or not. You have most of the champs used in 2 of the 3 teams in this  video so I'd try some of them (replace Cardiel with Fahrakin for example)

https://youtu.be/WcSGPSSC9S4

That was a really sick speed run on FK10 hard on that second video. Unfortunately the Cardiel was 351 speed and I don't think there's any chance I get Fahrakin that fast lol

Sep 23, 2023, 03:3309/23/23
06/16/22
harleQuinn

I just use Razelvarg and with his passive and his Inc Speed it was more than enough to do FK6 with double Ally Attackers (Fatman and Kreela) even as slow as 230 and 220, a 225 Gnut and a similar Criodan.

Bunny was 300 speed. But it's definitely not as insane as Kram is making it out to be. Can farm 6 with mediocre stats without a big issue, and I didn't even have a slow on that... just make sure Gnut has enough accuracy to land his TM decrease.

@harle I don't have 2 ally attackers. Do you think I can put Martyr in bolster and get the team to tank the first hit?

Sep 23, 2023, 03:5609/23/23
Sep 23, 2023, 03:57(edited)
07/01/22
kmanmott

That was a really sick speed run on FK10 hard on that second video. Unfortunately the Cardiel was 351 speed and I don't think there's any chance I get Fahrakin that fast lol

Oh for sure but Hard 6 is much easier and I might have misunderstood but I thought that was the stage you were trying for so these builds are even more viable. As you can see, Coldheart can survive and if you bring Kymar you get 2 things: Block Damage for the first attack and then Coldheart and Gnut do their A3s twice in a row since he'll reset their skills. You MIGHT be able to get 2 turns in before the shield goes back up with the Turn Meter fill, especially since Fahrakin will also have his A3 available again and Gnut's A1 with reduce decent turn meter. You'll def have to time the champs with speeds correctly but:

A1 till FK first attack (except Martyr who gets counterattack up on all) and then you get 10 hits in (4+3+1+1+1). Then Fahrakin A3 and shield is down. Gnut A3, Coldheart A3, Kymar Reset + Turn Meter fill. Then if Fahrakin is fast enough to A3 again before FK gets shield back up, that's everyone hitting again with Gnut reducing FK Turn Meter. Then Gnut A3, Coldheart A3 and he should be dead. ESPECIALLY since Martyr's A1 *might* do 60% Def Decrease before their A3s.

The key is you gotta have your team's speeds set up so they take the turns in that order

dthorne04Moderator
Sep 23, 2023, 20:1609/23/23
Sep 23, 2023, 20:17(edited)
12/30/20

Gnut opened up what we can do with FK considerably and at least at the lower stages (up to ~6) we can try a few different strats.

I opted to go with a Kymar reset build with Cardiel (yes I know he is cheating)

i

Cardiel is more of an arena build, so lacking on damage a bit. I should tinker with this comp a bit and see if there's some things we can do with perhaps Fahrakin in the Stag slot, or Yakarl in the Stag slot. Getting the reset from Kymar to spam Blessed Bash whilst also being able to keep turn meter down via ally attack is kinda huge.

Sep 25, 2023, 09:4509/25/23
Sep 25, 2023, 09:46(edited)
09/19/20

kinda tired of (almost) every single viable team on this mode needing cardiel, its not like he is easy to get either. Love a more attainable champ for this mode

Sep 25, 2023, 13:3009/25/23
06/25/20

You don't need Cardiel at all. The team I run uses Razel, Gnut, and Yakarl, along with two Fatmen. Other teams with Valk work too.