All Categories

Champions and Artifacts

Champions and Artifacts

Search
Sep 10, 2023, 18:4509/10/23
09/04/23

Champions and Artifacts

I'm really glad I found this forum, I just hope I'm posting in the right place.

Day 7 of my newbie progress leads me to confusion over choosing the right artifacts for my champions.

How do I know which artifacts to choose? And I have no idea what "sets" mean when I try to search the internet.

Also, can anyone recommend beginner guides that are actually geared for beginners? I've tried and all the videos I've seen for beginners use the game lingo which is like hearing a foreign language. I could really use a step by step guide. Literally, here's the game and this is what everything means. Like talking to a toddler lol.

I have so many questions but for now I'll be happy with learning about choosing the best artifacts. Thanks!

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 10, 2023, 19:3709/10/23
Sep 10, 2023, 19:57(edited)
01/29/21

Hi, thank you for posting this.

So a set is basically up to six artifacts in a gear. In terms of raid, it can also be decreased to 4 artifacts that you can equip still making it a gear or two artifacts still making it a gear just depends on how many artiacts for that type of gear is asking for. The description at the bottom of the substats information will tell you how much artifact that gear needs to make it a gear that works with additive attributes.

And as far as equipping the right kind of gear is a lot of times a give or take. You can swap gears if one doesn't seem like it's working out. Same with accessories. Just depends on the need of the champ.

Remember, speed is key. One or most or all allies on your team needs to have good high speed to go first and start doing business in battle. It's like that on usual places like arena and everywhere else. 

I've been confused a lot of times of knowing what gear to equip, even from a guy like me who's been playing since 2020 lol. I still in a lot of ways am confused too but I just put what seems right more than not. It's pretty iffy and a give or take. But like I know for a good fact that a leg like Robar needs to have a relentless on him off the bat. Relentless works wonders because of his a1 and when relentless keeps procking out, it helps with cool downs of his a2 and a3 and does good in arenas. Other two missing gears should be a give or take, just depends , some might equip immortal or idk maybe speed or something. For the likes of leg like for example Belanor I just removed my old set from him and replaced it with a stun set in the hopes of stunning opponents and sometimes it works wonders. Just give or take. He could be equipped with savage or divine offense, just depends on you.

It's funny that almost any champion I have may have the wrong kind of gear on heh lol. But , high damage dealing champs should be equip usually with more aggressive gears helping their attacks take more damage or so like Savage or Divine Offense or so. They can be equipped with bloodthirst or lifesteal, just all depends whereas lower damage hitters can be equipped with gears that isn't helping their attacks usually and should avoid any gears like Savage or Divine Offense. They can wear defensive gear which is a lot more beneficial like gears like Stalwart, Curing, Shield , immortals, if you get further in the game maybe bolsters to help shield every ally for 3 urns or so. Like an HP guy doesn't necessarily need to gear up with an artifact gear set that's geared towards HP but if you're equipping a certain gear not hp related just make sure that most of the main and substats has hp% and whatnot like def substats also or so and good ACC and speed. Resistance is also great too as a main or substats. If both can be up there wonderful. You can equip attack based sets on hp champs which is fine but I'd suggest more defensive or both defensive and support sets like bolster or so, just depends on the kind of champ. Bolster is a gear set that isn't really geared towards new players but it doesn't take long to get to a point where you will get forge pass knocking on your door one day haha but idk maybe not for a little while. Idk. On top of this, depending on what champion it is, and there's a lot, they may have abilities that requires you to have your resistance up a lot to try and resist their abilities containing debuffs or you may need a champ that can block debuffs but speed is really key, whiles have good resistance, equipping a gear in a set that gives additives to resistance is a plus. Like a breastplate in a 4 set gear that is resistance (RES) can work wonders unless you want to equip a third expansion accessory that caters to resistance. It works too or both. Now you also want good ACC which is accuracy to land any debuffs on your opponents. Or buffs or your team. You want good ACC only when any of your champion has these percentage changes to land it . That's why if the opponent is landing their debuffs on you in arena or so, they are having good ACC . You need good resistance in your gear and also maybe someone to block debuffs but that guy better have good speed it better be high enough to at least go first or second maybe depending to block debuffs so you don't depend on gear sets to help you as much. But yeah gear set is one thing but depending on what kind of team you're forming is another in terms of arena for example. Now all other places to battle really also requires set of different allies and maybe a swap of gear or upgrading them more if possible. Now I usually don't swap gear if I really need to buy usually is probably when I'm really mad at arena lol.

It's funny that almost any champion I have may have the wrong kind of gear on heh lol. But , high damage dealing champs should be equip usually with more aggressive gears helping their attacks take more damage or so like Savage or Divine Offense or so. They can be equipped with bloodthirst or lifesteal, just all depends whereas lower damage hitters can be equipped with gears that isn't helping their attacks usually and should avoid any gears like Savage or Divine Offense. They can wear defensive gear which is a lot more beneficial like gears like Stalwart, Curing, Shield , immortals, if you get further in the game maybe bolsters to help shield every ally for 3 urns or so. Like an HP guy doesn't necessarily need to gear up with an artifact gear set that's geared towards HP but if you're equipping a certain gear not hp related just make sure that most of the main and substats has hp% and whatnot like def substats also or so and good ACC and speed. Resistance is also great too as a main or substats. If both can be up there wonderful.depending on what champion it is, and there's a lot, they may have abilities that requires you to have your resistance up a lot to try and resist their abilities containing debuffs or you may need a champ that can block debuffs but speed is really key, whiles have good resistance, equipping a gear in a set that gives additives to resistance is a plus. Like a breastplate in a 4 set gear that is resistance (RES) can work wonders unless you want to equip a third expansion accessory that caters to resistance. It works too or both. Now you also want good ACC which is accuracy to land any debuffs on your opponents. Or buffs or your team. You want good ACC only when any of your champion has these percentage changes to land it . That's why if the opponent is landing their debuffs on you in arena or so, they are having good ACC . You need good resistance in your gear and also maybe someone to block debuffs but that guy better have good speed it better be high enough to at least go first or second maybe depending to block debuffs so you don't depend on gear sets to help you as much. But yeah gear set is one thing but depending on what kind of team you're forming is another in terms of arena for example. Now all other places to battle really also requires set of different allies and maybe a swap of gear or upgrading them more if possible. Now I usually don't swap gear if I really need to buy usually is probably when I'm really mad at arena lol.'t depend on gear sets to help you as much. But yeah gear set is one thing but depending on what kind of team you're forming is another in terms of arena for example. Now all other places to battle really also requires set of different allies and maybe a swap of gear or upgrading them more if possible. Now I usually don't swap gear if I really need to buy usually is probably when I'm really mad at arena lol.

But yeah...hope this kind of helped.

I know swapping gears can be a pain if needed to do so, because even late gamer or mid gamers like myself here in raid gets a headache off of gear swap or at least the thought of and it does makes me kind of upset but not the end of the world haha. Wish it was free honestly or with a short price of silvers but yeah. So gear/set swapping can work wonders if a certain set doesn't work out and can make the champion better. It's a give or take half or more of the time. But yeah, idk. Maybe others can elaborate a bit or more better on this.

Sep 10, 2023, 19:5609/10/23
06/25/20

Oof. Giant wall of text full of ... questionable information :/

For an early game player, ignore sets entirely. The bonuses will never be worth sacrificing stats over. Focus on just getting the most stats you can. Champs whose goal is to damage tend to want 100% crit rate, so they usually prefer crit rate gloves early on. Chest should probably have champ primary stat% as a stat, though those whose role is to place debuffs may need ACC instead. Boots should almost always be SPD.

For substats, you'll usually want to prioritize some combination of SPD, Primary Stat%, Crit Damage%, and ACC. Early on, generally just ignore RES, you won't have the room to fit it into your builds. Don't make your nuker champs too much of a glass cannon, unless you have someone on your team that can reliably revive frequently. But, by far the biggest mistake early players make is not prioritizing speed enough. When in doubt, choose speed. You don't want to be any slower than 180.

Sep 11, 2023, 21:1409/11/23
09/04/23
Susaki562

Hi, thank you for posting this.

So a set is basically up to six artifacts in a gear. In terms of raid, it can also be decreased to 4 artifacts that you can equip still making it a gear or two artifacts still making it a gear just depends on how many artiacts for that type of gear is asking for. The description at the bottom of the substats information will tell you how much artifact that gear needs to make it a gear that works with additive attributes.

And as far as equipping the right kind of gear is a lot of times a give or take. You can swap gears if one doesn't seem like it's working out. Same with accessories. Just depends on the need of the champ.

Remember, speed is key. One or most or all allies on your team needs to have good high speed to go first and start doing business in battle. It's like that on usual places like arena and everywhere else. 

I've been confused a lot of times of knowing what gear to equip, even from a guy like me who's been playing since 2020 lol. I still in a lot of ways am confused too but I just put what seems right more than not. It's pretty iffy and a give or take. But like I know for a good fact that a leg like Robar needs to have a relentless on him off the bat. Relentless works wonders because of his a1 and when relentless keeps procking out, it helps with cool downs of his a2 and a3 and does good in arenas. Other two missing gears should be a give or take, just depends , some might equip immortal or idk maybe speed or something. For the likes of leg like for example Belanor I just removed my old set from him and replaced it with a stun set in the hopes of stunning opponents and sometimes it works wonders. Just give or take. He could be equipped with savage or divine offense, just depends on you.

It's funny that almost any champion I have may have the wrong kind of gear on heh lol. But , high damage dealing champs should be equip usually with more aggressive gears helping their attacks take more damage or so like Savage or Divine Offense or so. They can be equipped with bloodthirst or lifesteal, just all depends whereas lower damage hitters can be equipped with gears that isn't helping their attacks usually and should avoid any gears like Savage or Divine Offense. They can wear defensive gear which is a lot more beneficial like gears like Stalwart, Curing, Shield , immortals, if you get further in the game maybe bolsters to help shield every ally for 3 urns or so. Like an HP guy doesn't necessarily need to gear up with an artifact gear set that's geared towards HP but if you're equipping a certain gear not hp related just make sure that most of the main and substats has hp% and whatnot like def substats also or so and good ACC and speed. Resistance is also great too as a main or substats. If both can be up there wonderful. You can equip attack based sets on hp champs which is fine but I'd suggest more defensive or both defensive and support sets like bolster or so, just depends on the kind of champ. Bolster is a gear set that isn't really geared towards new players but it doesn't take long to get to a point where you will get forge pass knocking on your door one day haha but idk maybe not for a little while. Idk. On top of this, depending on what champion it is, and there's a lot, they may have abilities that requires you to have your resistance up a lot to try and resist their abilities containing debuffs or you may need a champ that can block debuffs but speed is really key, whiles have good resistance, equipping a gear in a set that gives additives to resistance is a plus. Like a breastplate in a 4 set gear that is resistance (RES) can work wonders unless you want to equip a third expansion accessory that caters to resistance. It works too or both. Now you also want good ACC which is accuracy to land any debuffs on your opponents. Or buffs or your team. You want good ACC only when any of your champion has these percentage changes to land it . That's why if the opponent is landing their debuffs on you in arena or so, they are having good ACC . You need good resistance in your gear and also maybe someone to block debuffs but that guy better have good speed it better be high enough to at least go first or second maybe depending to block debuffs so you don't depend on gear sets to help you as much. But yeah gear set is one thing but depending on what kind of team you're forming is another in terms of arena for example. Now all other places to battle really also requires set of different allies and maybe a swap of gear or upgrading them more if possible. Now I usually don't swap gear if I really need to buy usually is probably when I'm really mad at arena lol.

It's funny that almost any champion I have may have the wrong kind of gear on heh lol. But , high damage dealing champs should be equip usually with more aggressive gears helping their attacks take more damage or so like Savage or Divine Offense or so. They can be equipped with bloodthirst or lifesteal, just all depends whereas lower damage hitters can be equipped with gears that isn't helping their attacks usually and should avoid any gears like Savage or Divine Offense. They can wear defensive gear which is a lot more beneficial like gears like Stalwart, Curing, Shield , immortals, if you get further in the game maybe bolsters to help shield every ally for 3 urns or so. Like an HP guy doesn't necessarily need to gear up with an artifact gear set that's geared towards HP but if you're equipping a certain gear not hp related just make sure that most of the main and substats has hp% and whatnot like def substats also or so and good ACC and speed. Resistance is also great too as a main or substats. If both can be up there wonderful.depending on what champion it is, and there's a lot, they may have abilities that requires you to have your resistance up a lot to try and resist their abilities containing debuffs or you may need a champ that can block debuffs but speed is really key, whiles have good resistance, equipping a gear in a set that gives additives to resistance is a plus. Like a breastplate in a 4 set gear that is resistance (RES) can work wonders unless you want to equip a third expansion accessory that caters to resistance. It works too or both. Now you also want good ACC which is accuracy to land any debuffs on your opponents. Or buffs or your team. You want good ACC only when any of your champion has these percentage changes to land it . That's why if the opponent is landing their debuffs on you in arena or so, they are having good ACC . You need good resistance in your gear and also maybe someone to block debuffs but that guy better have good speed it better be high enough to at least go first or second maybe depending to block debuffs so you don't depend on gear sets to help you as much. But yeah gear set is one thing but depending on what kind of team you're forming is another in terms of arena for example. Now all other places to battle really also requires set of different allies and maybe a swap of gear or upgrading them more if possible. Now I usually don't swap gear if I really need to buy usually is probably when I'm really mad at arena lol.'t depend on gear sets to help you as much. But yeah gear set is one thing but depending on what kind of team you're forming is another in terms of arena for example. Now all other places to battle really also requires set of different allies and maybe a swap of gear or upgrading them more if possible. Now I usually don't swap gear if I really need to buy usually is probably when I'm really mad at arena lol.

But yeah...hope this kind of helped.

I know swapping gears can be a pain if needed to do so, because even late gamer or mid gamers like myself here in raid gets a headache off of gear swap or at least the thought of and it does makes me kind of upset but not the end of the world haha. Wish it was free honestly or with a short price of silvers but yeah. So gear/set swapping can work wonders if a certain set doesn't work out and can make the champion better. It's a give or take half or more of the time. But yeah, idk. Maybe others can elaborate a bit or more better on this.

Thanks for explaining all of this. I'll have to let it digest as I'm still so new lol.

I'm doing ok with what I've equipped my champions with but honestly have no idea what I've done lol!

Being in my 50's and used to playing games like Candy Crush I'm shocked how much I'm enjoying Raid!

Sep 11, 2023, 21:1909/11/23
09/04/23
kramaswamy.kr

Oof. Giant wall of text full of ... questionable information :/

For an early game player, ignore sets entirely. The bonuses will never be worth sacrificing stats over. Focus on just getting the most stats you can. Champs whose goal is to damage tend to want 100% crit rate, so they usually prefer crit rate gloves early on. Chest should probably have champ primary stat% as a stat, though those whose role is to place debuffs may need ACC instead. Boots should almost always be SPD.

For substats, you'll usually want to prioritize some combination of SPD, Primary Stat%, Crit Damage%, and ACC. Early on, generally just ignore RES, you won't have the room to fit it into your builds. Don't make your nuker champs too much of a glass cannon, unless you have someone on your team that can reliably revive frequently. But, by far the biggest mistake early players make is not prioritizing speed enough. When in doubt, choose speed. You don't want to be any slower than 180.

How do I see what a champion's goal is? Is that what type of champ it is like ATK etc?

This is great info that will make sense eventually. Still trying to learn the lingo like debuff, stat and substat %. Where do I see if it's a primary or sub stat?

Sep 11, 2023, 21:3009/11/23
Sep 11, 2023, 21:35(edited)
10/08/17
Player 130261384

How do I see what a champion's goal is? Is that what type of champ it is like ATK etc?

This is great info that will make sense eventually. Still trying to learn the lingo like debuff, stat and substat %. Where do I see if it's a primary or sub stat?

understanding what TYPE of damage they do is  key to choosing gear

often when you look at their skills it will say at the  bottom of that skill...like (atk) or(HP) or (DEF)  as  some examples

which means a DEF champion gets absolutly no benefit from  any gear with Attack on it as all the damage they do is calculated  by how  much defense they have

Trying not to add too much info here to complicate things but more specifically they would not benefit  from any ATTACK stats  on any gear (the gear may have other stats like speed/crit/def etc) which the champion could  benefit from

complicated   I know to a new  player :/

Sep 11, 2023, 22:3009/11/23
06/25/20
Player 130261384

There isn't really a "simple" answer to the first question. A lot of it comes with experience. But, broadly speaking, you can typically divide a champ into four types, and the skills they have tend to influence which one they fit into:

• Buff/support - tend to have moves that focus on buffing your team, reviving your team, or increasing their turn meter. they usually want to focus on speed, and don't tend to care about accuracy at all. hp/def are generally secondary stats for them, and cr/cd are generally ignored.
  • Debuff/control - tend to have moves that focus on placing debuffs on the opponent (usually their entire team), including specifically debuffs that prevent them from taking actions (fear, freeze, stun), as well as in decreasing their turn meter. accuracy is their most important stat, but they also don't want to be too slow. other stats are usually not important.
  • Provoke - a specific type of control, champs who are provokers aim to have the other team target them, which means they need more HP/DEF than a normal debuff/control champ, and usually want to be faster than them too. accuracy, however, is still just as important.
  • Damage - basically, if they aren't one of the above, they're probably meant to damage. Damagers want whichever their attack scales off of (the ATK/HP/DEF on the skill description), but they mainly want CR/CD. They also don't want to be too slow, but speed is less important than it is for the others. Accuracy tends to not be as important either - they want some, since they usually have debuffs, but that isn't their main role.
Sep 11, 2023, 22:3109/11/23
07/08/19
Player 130261384

not exactly, no. a champion's type can give some indication to what their role will be (attack type champions are almost always damage dealers, whereas support types seldom are) but it's far from an ironclad rule. it's really a matter of examining the skills of each individual champion to figure out what role(s) they can perform. obviously, it will take time and practice for you to master that but in the meantime, you have sites like ayumi and hellhades as well as the forum to help you.

primary stat can mean one of two things. an artifact's primary stat is the main one it increases and is listed up near the top, directly below the box that indicates rarity. the stats listed below in smaller type are substats. when talking about a champion, its primary stat is the one which its damage scales off of.

Sep 12, 2023, 04:3709/12/23

My opinion for beginners at early stages. Forget mostly sets there. But... two set is useable at early stages, Speed sets which is easily can fir because just two pieces needed for bonuses and Lifesteal for own healing, good for everywhere, specialy very useful at clan boss when you dont have good heroes at low levels. Other thing, use if you have Speed main stat Boots. Thats will help a lot, because speed is important. If you started with Kael or other starter character and you have Lifesteal set with Speed main stat Boots,  your progress will be fast to Brutal stages,  and you got the Monkey King for free. First priority to farm, the Dragon stages. Best sets there. Speed and Lifesteal too. Dont pulling instantly your shards, because pulling just one by one give less chances to get good characters, its my 4 years experiences. Wait atleast 10 and pull just after.  Grab 800 gem and use for max masteries for the Monkey King Wukong, thats boosting the character to high lvl.