All Categories

Mythicals are gonna change the meta in live arena

Search
Sep 8, 2023, 01:1909/08/23
12/09/22

I really hope they will change the meta in live arena. But it will be a horrible change.

The meta is disgusting and it will become more so. Every match is the same, versus the same champs. 

Pythion, UDK using stone fking skin and poly. 

Taras marichka or siphi rotos

Arbiter and kymar.

The myths are gonna change that but it will be a worst change. Not because they will add some variation or because they are op, because they arent, not that much at least. But because they are pretty much inaccessible for the average player, not saying to mention the f2p.

More and more it's becoming harder to catch up to the older player and this will add just another layer. It is hard to even recommend raid to new players, even if they just want to have something to look at on their phones while taking a sht or pass the time in an airport. Because raid is beyond just any gatcha, it's better to recommend anything else, as joining raid now, mean you will never get to experience most of the game...unless you are a kraken, of course.

If you are one of those white knights dipshts that think ''well, so dont play it/dont pay/dont do arena etc'', let me tell you something. If no new players come and the average player leaves because of plain frustation, the game will die and then all your hard earned cash and effort will go down the metaphorical sewers. So you, above everybody, should be the one advocating for a change.

New champs arent a good change, not in this manner. Some tweeks in name of QoL would already be a game changer.

Example: 

-Add quick match in cb FOR EVERYBODY, doesnt matter if you can't 1key yet. Game is supposed to be fast, but if you plarium want to make raid into a more traditional sweatass game, that is ok too. But wasting time in cb is annoying, so be more efficient about it.

-Add events and restrictions for live arena. Really, make a weekly rotation of bans with the most popular champs of the meta. So we dont have to deal with the same thing every single goddamn time. And add some weekly events exclusive to live arena like ''Play with a roster of x faction/affinity/rarity'' etc. Dont even put WIN as a condition, just play. If you win you get double points or something. Which would also promote variation and a bit of brainpower, for a change. Instead of ''uga buga udk with stoneskin taras marichka easy match''

-Make hydraclash give rewards for every placing. The krakens are gonna dominate hydraclash with their corpulent bs. That is fine, if they can finance the game and have those boosted strategies, that is fine. But the moment that it starts to interfere with the average player's progression, it becomes a problem and with the add myth shards it becomes a huge gaping gap. Take the 1st 2nd 3rd place rewards and make it be the 1st = 3rd 2nd = 4th 3rd = 5th and then add two better rewards for the 2nd and 1st place, so krakens are happy and well fed. The chests already require a disgusting absurd amount of points, so, even if you do that, progress will be slow (but feasible) and it will give players enough incentive to pay to skip it.

In any case, the game is great and fun, but it is becoming more and more frustating for those that want to progress. Please fix it instead of putting mroe and more champs that we are never gonna see.

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 8, 2023, 01:3509/08/23
06/25/20

... lol

Champs that have a 0.5% chance of appearing, from a resource that literally hasn't even been released yet, are going to "break the meta"?

Do you understand what "meta" even means? It's not "meta" when one in a million players are running it. Taras and Marichka did not "break the meta". Let the whales fight amongst themselves - I couldn't care less if the absolute top of the arena is fighting with those. That isn't "breaking the meta".

UDK "broke the meta", yes. He transformed how arena was fought. Arbiter did the same, *years* ago. But guess what? Those were both easy to get. They didn't "break the meta" in a bad way; they made players adapt to it, which is a good thing.

These mythical champs? There's a good chance you'll literally never see one in a fight, in months.

Sep 8, 2023, 01:4609/08/23
12/09/22
kramaswamy.kr

... lol

Champs that have a 0.5% chance of appearing, from a resource that literally hasn't even been released yet, are going to "break the meta"?

Do you understand what "meta" even means? It's not "meta" when one in a million players are running it. Taras and Marichka did not "break the meta". Let the whales fight amongst themselves - I couldn't care less if the absolute top of the arena is fighting with those. That isn't "breaking the meta".

UDK "broke the meta", yes. He transformed how arena was fought. Arbiter did the same, *years* ago. But guess what? Those were both easy to get. They didn't "break the meta" in a bad way; they made players adapt to it, which is a good thing.

These mythical champs? There's a good chance you'll literally never see one in a fight, in months.

Never said they will break it. I said they will change it. UDK Pythion + stoneskin will still be broken. Arbiter is broken but everybody can get one, albeit too slow. 

Besides 0,5% is 1/200. It aint that small a percentage for the average whale kraken, even a moderately high spender or someone with 2-3+ years with already enough resources to consistently reach end rewards in events and clash. So yeah, i understand what meta means and it will not be tomorrow, but it will be soon.

Also, if you can't care less, it is your choice and problem. No one can tell you how to enjoy your game, but I care though so i point it out and it doesn't make what i said wrong.

Sep 8, 2023, 01:4809/08/23
06/25/20

Lol. You said "change it in a horrible way". Sorry for paraphrasing :)

It's 1/200 *of a resource that you can't even get yet*. You literally have no idea how many of them you'll get, but I think it's a fair assumption that they'll be *at best* as common as Sacred shards; likely, far less so.

Why judge before seeing?

Sep 8, 2023, 01:5609/08/23
Sep 8, 2023, 01:57(edited)
12/09/22
kramaswamy.kr

Lol. You said "change it in a horrible way". Sorry for paraphrasing :)

It's 1/200 *of a resource that you can't even get yet*. You literally have no idea how many of them you'll get, but I think it's a fair assumption that they'll be *at best* as common as Sacred shards; likely, far less so.

Why judge before seeing?

Change it in a horrible way as in, it is not an efficient change. It is hard to balance the broken champs without screwing them into oblivion or the sets that makes them even more broken. Add champs to counter them is an horrible change because it is a bandaid. That is why i said, horrible/worst change and not change for the worst. Instead of the other things i said that could really improve the game.

Why judge before seeing? Because it is a gatcha. It is meant to be a money grabber. But they made it fun and mostly fair along the way. It's also fair to expect that they will make it pretty inaccessible, besides heavy spending. Emphasis on HEAVY. Because it aint just the champs. It is also the books. I don't know which currency you have, but in my region, the price is bonkers.

Sep 8, 2023, 02:1009/08/23
12/18/19

Dont worry, the Lovecraftian gods we will get as champs soon after will change the mythical meta 😂

Sep 8, 2023, 02:1309/08/23
12/09/22
sharkium

Dont worry, the Lovecraftian gods we will get as champs soon after will change the mythical meta 😂

Cthullu and his uncle certainly would bring madness and chaos.

dthorne04Moderator
Sep 8, 2023, 02:5309/08/23
12/30/20

I'm going to go step by step here.

1) Between fusions in the last year and free champs there has been a lot of ways for folks to progress and progress far. Wukong in PvP/Hydra, Artak is an all star, UDK despite what you or anyone else thinks is a beast. With fusions...Emic, Gnut, Pythion, Gnishak, Ukko, Dreng and Heli in the last year or so. In short, tons of champions who can get accounts to all phases of the game. The aformentioned free champions are absolutely a catchup method and one I see almost every single person who makes a similar set of complaints to you ignore.

2) I don't understand the Arbiter argument. Couldn't be less broken and if someone is losing speed races, that's a gear issue.

3) I think you're overestimating the power of mythicals, not to mention the ease of access for almost anyone in grabbing them. This is a good thing, which was touched on in one of the other threads in terms of being afraid of krakens grabbing all of the new champs quickly.

4) The vast majority - and I do mean the vast majority - of this game is accessible to non krakens, and this includes F2P/low spend. Does it take time and resource management? Yes. To make the statement that most of the game isn't accessible except to kraken presupposes that not only you, but every person plays a relatively mistake free game, uses every resource near perfectly and has a vast knowledge of all things Raid.

5) Knock it off with the veiled cursing and insults towards people who don't see things the same way as you. If you want an echo chamber, so be it but you can take that approach without pre-emptively disparaging those who are on the opposite aisle from you.

Sep 8, 2023, 03:3109/08/23
12/09/22
dthorne04

I'm going to go step by step here.

1) Between fusions in the last year and free champs there has been a lot of ways for folks to progress and progress far. Wukong in PvP/Hydra, Artak is an all star, UDK despite what you or anyone else thinks is a beast. With fusions...Emic, Gnut, Pythion, Gnishak, Ukko, Dreng and Heli in the last year or so. In short, tons of champions who can get accounts to all phases of the game. The aformentioned free champions are absolutely a catchup method and one I see almost every single person who makes a similar set of complaints to you ignore.

2) I don't understand the Arbiter argument. Couldn't be less broken and if someone is losing speed races, that's a gear issue.

3) I think you're overestimating the power of mythicals, not to mention the ease of access for almost anyone in grabbing them. This is a good thing, which was touched on in one of the other threads in terms of being afraid of krakens grabbing all of the new champs quickly.

4) The vast majority - and I do mean the vast majority - of this game is accessible to non krakens, and this includes F2P/low spend. Does it take time and resource management? Yes. To make the statement that most of the game isn't accessible except to kraken presupposes that not only you, but every person plays a relatively mistake free game, uses every resource near perfectly and has a vast knowledge of all things Raid.

5) Knock it off with the veiled cursing and insults towards people who don't see things the same way as you. If you want an echo chamber, so be it but you can take that approach without pre-emptively disparaging those who are on the opposite aisle from you.

1 - There were easier methods to get them certainly, but they arent around anymore and if you werent in the game around that time or starting relatively recently. They had that fragment event a while ago but i didnt see any fragments. What you get is wukong. Pretty good champ, of course. But it pales in comparison to those, which, speaking of fusion, the fusions before seems to be easier than the ones now. I cant confirm it for ukko gnishak dreng and heli, as i wasnt around. But it seems since pythion the fusions are getting harder and harder. I started playing when bombrat was almost over. And even so i got a fair amount of shards. If the next fusions are gonna get progessively harder. Then cathcup will become harder.

2 - Arbiter wasnt an argument, it was a quote about how it is in almost single match, unless you have some of the true broken champs, and it would be nice to have a variation. Also, she is free to all but it would do some good if the progress to her was faster, to catchup the powercreep. I am not complaning for me though, i already did the mission.

3 - I did say that i dont consider them as op as most people think. I still believe things like taras marichka to be stronger. Well, it has hope to change of course, no one knows how strong they actually are. But at first glance, i would say they are just strong enough to be able to shake things a little. What i pointed was the accessibility to it. Not just them, but their books too. Sure, they appeared in the event and there is hydraclash, but i also commented the flaws about it in relation to catchup and also the direct interference of krakens on the average player. Like they only appearing in live arena platinum tier chest is basically screaming ''krakens only'', which i doubt that even a 3+year plus average account can get easily.

4 - If we count about the beginning of every content, i do agree. But things starts to get dicier in CB UNM hydra, iron twins, sand devil and shogun. EXCLUDING live arena, platinum ranked CA and Gold tier tag. F2P and low spenders can certainly get there. But the time to get there is mostly unrealistic. I'm not saying to simply give everything rushed. But to improve those QoL things, like lowering the difficulty of the missions up to arbiter and the points for hydraclash's chest for example, so the grind isnt massive and the feeling of progression is more palpable 

5 - Fair enough, sorry about that. But to also point out, you said you will go step by step but only said counter arguments just the very beginning of what i said but didn't offer a solution. You basically said ''status quo is fine''.  But what do you think about the rest? Like the quickmatch for cb or the rewards for clash or even the fact that adding new champs isnt really an efficient change?

dthorne04Moderator
Sep 8, 2023, 03:4509/08/23
Sep 8, 2023, 03:48(edited)
12/30/20
Donvak

1 - There were easier methods to get them certainly, but they arent around anymore and if you werent in the game around that time or starting relatively recently. They had that fragment event a while ago but i didnt see any fragments. What you get is wukong. Pretty good champ, of course. But it pales in comparison to those, which, speaking of fusion, the fusions before seems to be easier than the ones now. I cant confirm it for ukko gnishak dreng and heli, as i wasnt around. But it seems since pythion the fusions are getting harder and harder. I started playing when bombrat was almost over. And even so i got a fair amount of shards. If the next fusions are gonna get progessively harder. Then cathcup will become harder.

2 - Arbiter wasnt an argument, it was a quote about how it is in almost single match, unless you have some of the true broken champs, and it would be nice to have a variation. Also, she is free to all but it would do some good if the progress to her was faster, to catchup the powercreep. I am not complaning for me though, i already did the mission.

3 - I did say that i dont consider them as op as most people think. I still believe things like taras marichka to be stronger. Well, it has hope to change of course, no one knows how strong they actually are. But at first glance, i would say they are just strong enough to be able to shake things a little. What i pointed was the accessibility to it. Not just them, but their books too. Sure, they appeared in the event and there is hydraclash, but i also commented the flaws about it in relation to catchup and also the direct interference of krakens on the average player. Like they only appearing in live arena platinum tier chest is basically screaming ''krakens only'', which i doubt that even a 3+year plus average account can get easily.

4 - If we count about the beginning of every content, i do agree. But things starts to get dicier in CB UNM hydra, iron twins, sand devil and shogun. EXCLUDING live arena, platinum ranked CA and Gold tier tag. F2P and low spenders can certainly get there. But the time to get there is mostly unrealistic. I'm not saying to simply give everything rushed. But to improve those QoL things, like lowering the difficulty of the missions up to arbiter and the points for hydraclash's chest for example, so the grind isnt massive and the feeling of progression is more palpable 

5 - Fair enough, sorry about that. But to also point out, you said you will go step by step but only said counter arguments just the very beginning of what i said but didn't offer a solution. You basically said ''status quo is fine''.  But what do you think about the rest? Like the quickmatch for cb or the rewards for clash or even the fact that adding new champs isnt really an efficient change?

No need to "what about" after 5. There's just no need to cut off constructive discussion at all by pre-emptively cutting off anyone who's opposite of you at the knees.

I did mean to include a 6) which is I am always happy to pass along reasoned, constructive feedback (whether good or bad.)

1) Ukko, Pythion, Heli and co. were fine. Again, fusions do require you to be at a specific part of the game to do consistently. Even so, I passed up on a good chunk of fusions year one (2021) until I had a consistent flow of resources from UNM/NM and Hard DT/Normal DT. Your view of fusions will certainly be altered by where you're at in the game time wise.

Looking at champs from a raw power standpoint is often a mistake. Wukong is a direct counter to the current meta which can open up comps we can bring. Arena is about solving the problems we're seeing, finding answers. 

2) The meta will always be the meta. I'm not sure what else to say there. People are trying to bring their best solutions to secure the highest winrates. That's not going to change regardless of what sets are en vogue, etc.

3) I'm not really sure what to say to this, but the more valuable the rewards, it does make sense that it requires you to get the highest chances at them by being at farther/farthest portions of the game.

4) UNM CB is somewhat trivial comparatively to the rest, and Normal/Hard Hydra can definitely be top chested by people one year in. Sand Devil/Shogun are late game content with Twins falling somewhere in between. One has to spend time to grind it out, but can bridge the gap with money. But yes, if one feels gated by the fact they can't do the higher/highest content of the game right away then I guess I could understand the kraken argument in this context even if I don't agree with it. 

I do think comparison to where others are at, what they have is often the thief of joy in this game. Do what you can while you can.

Sep 8, 2023, 11:1409/08/23
Sep 8, 2023, 11:18(edited)
01/15/21

I have already fought mythical champs in tag.... the krakens will have them soon enough

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Sep 8, 2023, 11:4709/08/23
06/24/19
Trevor Wilson

I have already fought mythical champs in tag.... the krakens will have them soon enough

How were they to deal with?  On the surface they don't seem too terrible to handle.

Sep 8, 2023, 12:2909/08/23
04/02/19

Change? The free primal stone got me a Diabolist. LMAO.  

Sep 8, 2023, 13:2209/08/23
05/26/22

If everyone had and ran the same champions this game would be boring. Arbiter is a good example. I get so sick of seeing 9/10 matchups in my Classic Arena team leading with Arbiter.  Anyways, if everyone could get the same champions easily, It would just be a gear battle at that point and the spenders would still win out. 

The concern would be that if someone got one of these mythical champions they would instantly be a top tier player. That isn't the case. At least not as far as I can tell. There are champions that skyrockets a teams viablility but what makes a whale or Kracken such it is that they have multiples of these champions. 

Honestly when I get matched up against a Kracken I kind of respond the same way as when I see a Lamborgini on the highway. "wow look at that". I don't really care much because I am not really competing against them. 

Sep 8, 2023, 19:0809/08/23

Donvak and you forgot to write,  its just the beginning. Will be worsen, when the players got enough stoneskin accessories from hydra clash,  and combine with other sets. The matches will be horrible, frustrating and long. And almost all debuffer gona be crap, useless. 

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 9, 2023, 07:1209/09/23
02/24/19
Deleted

Donvak and you forgot to write,  its just the beginning. Will be worsen, when the players got enough stoneskin accessories from hydra clash,  and combine with other sets. The matches will be horrible, frustrating and long. And almost all debuffer gona be crap, useless. 

Are you madder about mythicals than you were about UDK? 

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 9, 2023, 07:1309/09/23
02/24/19
danstrachan

Change? The free primal stone got me a Diabolist. LMAO.  

If you get more, maybe wait until the 2x. Cheers.

Sep 9, 2023, 07:5509/09/23
12/18/19

Then they can get a diabolist but with double the disappointment 😂

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 9, 2023, 08:0709/09/23
02/24/19
sharkium

Then they can get a diabolist but with double the disappointment 😂

If you're not doing the easy things to help your account, you're just hurting yourself. Cheers.

Sep 9, 2023, 08:1909/09/23
12/18/19

Ive held onto mine, but PR doesnt change the fact that the drop rates are a meme, backlash is well earned

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 10, 2023, 07:3909/10/23
02/24/19
sharkium

Ive held onto mine, but PR doesnt change the fact that the drop rates are a meme, backlash is well earned

Drop rates are fine. Seems like you're assuming they are Sacred+++ when they're actually just Ancient++

Personally, as much as I'd love one of the mythics, I never want these shards to be Sacred++. They would be prohibitively expensive, and you'd see maybe 1 to 2 a year you could obtain without buying. Mythical Champs would only be for the largest Krakens in the game.