What Kind of Player are you?

Search
Sep 2, 2023, 17:3309/02/23
03/11/23

1. Hardcore P2P that manage to obtain several champions in arsenal

2. A Lucky player that happen to pull or obtain some meta champions

The rest I can't count as players since in Raid without those meta or broken champion, you cannot win pvp, win a tournament, climb Doom tower, beat high level boss, deal enough damage to CB or Hydra, or even manage to clear NM campaign. They are just visitor or beta-player who only able to play only half of game content.

Now they are trying to bring quit players back.... to see how broken the game is.

And soon after Mythical champion come broken game will be even more broken...

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 2, 2023, 19:0009/02/23
06/25/20

*yawn*

The game literally throws opportunities to progress at you for free. Git gud?

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Sep 2, 2023, 20:5909/02/23
06/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

*yawn*

The game literally throws opportunities to progress at you for free. Git gud?

Yawn indeed.  I'm stuck at X Y Z cuz the game is rigged against F2P Yada Yada Yada.

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 2, 2023, 21:2709/02/23
02/24/19

Disclaimer, I have no idea how the new mythical champs are gonna be on game balance. We don't know things like how common they will be, how expensive it will be to even collect the resources to try one pull, how many rares there are versus legendary, etc....

But I do know I have been F2P a long long time. I broke it for the first Bolster & Defiant Forge Pass a while back, but went back to playing fully F2P.

The thing about being F2P for all this time is that eventually, slowly, with enough time spent working on your Dragon team, then your CB team, then getting your DT teams and speed dungeon farming teams, you can collect enough resources to compete. Wisely pulling shards can get you champions that you can use in the highest levels of the game (3+ years of getting shards means eventually you can get "lucky" here and there), and running dungeons for gear with all those DT and CB resources can get you the gear you need.

Here are a few screens from this week in Tag, and from my Plat Push on Sunday:

i

i

i

All I can really say is that eventually, if you put the time in and really learn the game, you can compete. And yes, the time committment isn't minor.... it took me a year of playing to fully get a solid UNM CB team locked in. And considerably longer than that to get Lydia. But once I had Lydia I really went to work on Doom Tower.... and with those resources I have really broken into the endgame.

It's all little steps for F2P, incremental gains, beating FW with one or two rares on every team, desperately needing that Lydia to finish your Doom Tower Hard progression, fusing epics instead of a leggo to get a reviver for a Faction you can't beat without it, or to get Magnarr so you have a quality HP nuker, etc....

But it's possible.

Sep 3, 2023, 04:3909/03/23
03/11/23
harleQuinn

Disclaimer, I have no idea how the new mythical champs are gonna be on game balance. We don't know things like how common they will be, how expensive it will be to even collect the resources to try one pull, how many rares there are versus legendary, etc....

But I do know I have been F2P a long long time. I broke it for the first Bolster & Defiant Forge Pass a while back, but went back to playing fully F2P.

The thing about being F2P for all this time is that eventually, slowly, with enough time spent working on your Dragon team, then your CB team, then getting your DT teams and speed dungeon farming teams, you can collect enough resources to compete. Wisely pulling shards can get you champions that you can use in the highest levels of the game (3+ years of getting shards means eventually you can get "lucky" here and there), and running dungeons for gear with all those DT and CB resources can get you the gear you need.

i

i

i

All I can really say is that eventually, if you put the time in and really learn the game, you can compete. And yes, the time committment isn't minor.... it took me a year of playing to fully get a solid UNM CB team locked in. And considerably longer than that to get Lydia. But once I had Lydia I really went to work on Doom Tower.... and with those resources I have really broken into the endgame.

It's all little steps for F2P, incremental gains, beating FW with one or two rares on every team, desperately needing that Lydia to finish your Doom Tower Hard progression, fusing epics instead of a leggo to get a reviver for a Faction you can't beat without it, or to get Magnarr so you have a quality HP nuker, etc....

But it's possible.

because you fall into second category, you ever pull 1000+ ancient shard and only got 1-2 legendary from it or about 70+ Sacred shard and only duplicate epic come over and over? not to mention that 50+ Void Shard and always give duplicate rare and never see epic or legendary. It is true that it took a step for P2P but you ever consider how RNG work for someone and not someone else? and the word "Opportunity" is not charity, it coated in poison and you must sacrifice something for it even it not guaranteed you the reward. This game completely shut off players from doing activities unless your RNG is dam good and got the meta required to progress in the game. You CANNOT PLAY this game without having those meta Hero. Try change your team into all free(not from fusion or shard event since the competition require those RNG and meta in order to gain too) champions and see if you can still manage to get the same outcome.

Sep 3, 2023, 04:4909/03/23
06/25/20

Lol. This guy ...

Sep 3, 2023, 06:3209/03/23
12/09/22
harleQuinn

i

i

i

But it's possible.

Uff you had to wait to get lydia to complete DT? That means you got pretty unlucky in ur draws along the way. 

Well, but also Lydia must had been way easier before, with less factions. I'm rushing her with all i got now, before they release one new faction hahaha. Just managed to complete high elves FC and it spared me from having to do strategos.

In any case, Op, DT and CB are the best resource farmers in the game. They will give you books and shards for you to have a modiculum of chance. It is obviously way way inferior than paying for it but it is possible if you have enough toilet breaks. I recommend entering a clan to start doing clan missions -> farming dragon -> make a team for campaing 12-3 speed farming -> spider -> do what you can of FC for glyphs, arena for medals and TAG TEAM for Drexthar! -> make a decent cb team. And from there is smooth sailing in a slow breeze

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 3, 2023, 07:1309/03/23
02/24/19
Donvak

Uff you had to wait to get lydia to complete DT? That means you got pretty unlucky in ur draws along the way. 

Well, but also Lydia must had been way easier before, with less factions. I'm rushing her with all i got now, before they release one new faction hahaha. Just managed to complete high elves FC and it spared me from having to do strategos.

In any case, Op, DT and CB are the best resource farmers in the game. They will give you books and shards for you to have a modiculum of chance. It is obviously way way inferior than paying for it but it is possible if you have enough toilet breaks. I recommend entering a clan to start doing clan missions -> farming dragon -> make a team for campaing 12-3 speed farming -> spider -> do what you can of FC for glyphs, arena for medals and TAG TEAM for Drexthar! -> make a decent cb team. And from there is smooth sailing in a slow breeze

To farm all 3 Hard Doom Towers? Yes, I got Lydia before I had all 3 of my Hard Doom Tower farms set.

I did every faction but Shadowkin and Sylvans, which ofc I completed on the the second or third rotation. Whatever the fastest you can do.

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 3, 2023, 07:1609/03/23
Sep 3, 2023, 07:27(edited)
02/24/19
Xenocyde

because you fall into second category, you ever pull 1000+ ancient shard and only got 1-2 legendary from it or about 70+ Sacred shard and only duplicate epic come over and over? not to mention that 50+ Void Shard and always give duplicate rare and never see epic or legendary. It is true that it took a step for P2P but you ever consider how RNG work for someone and not someone else? and the word "Opportunity" is not charity, it coated in poison and you must sacrifice something for it even it not guaranteed you the reward. This game completely shut off players from doing activities unless your RNG is dam good and got the meta required to progress in the game. You CANNOT PLAY this game without having those meta Hero. Try change your team into all free(not from fusion or shard event since the competition require those RNG and meta in order to gain too) champions and see if you can still manage to get the same outcome.

I fall into no category except that I grinded the game longer than you've been playing it before even getting my UNM CB team done.

Based on your Plarium Play activation date you've been playing less than six months. It took years for me to get my account to where it is, so no, I won't be playing some childish experiment of yours. I already grinded up to NM CB with rares and whatever rando epics I pulled, and anyone who understood the game would understand all players had to work with Rare champs predominantly for a long time, if they didn't spend. 

So no, I don't plan on going back and using only whatever you consider "Free champs" to be, but not fusions or maybe logins, but no rares, and uncommons only or whatever silliness you want to put on your game while using legendary login champs... Pro tip, these free legendaries didn't exist when I started the game... not even the daily login rewards and the free epics.

Get to playing F2P for even one year then I'll consider engaging with you again. 

Then, when you hit 4 years and have the experience I do, you can look at your roster and see if you've been as lucky as me or not. Then I will accept "luck" as the reason I progressed, rather than the years of playing and skill.

Sep 3, 2023, 16:1409/03/23
01/15/21

You can make a lot of progress as FTP, but you will always be at a huge disadvantage against Kraken's that have every meta champ and have them fully empowered and now awakened.

For the vast majority of players that won't matter as they will never encounter them, but there is an "FTP ceiling" in the game and I feel that ceiling is getting more defined with awakenings, forge gear and now mythical champs.

Doesn't really bother me if I am honest.  They are a business and need to make money and I am happy to let the Kraken's fund the game

Sep 3, 2023, 22:3009/03/23
12/09/22
harleQuinn

To farm all 3 Hard Doom Towers? Yes, I got Lydia before I had all 3 of my Hard Doom Tower farms set.

I did every faction but Shadowkin and Sylvans, which ofc I completed on the the second or third rotation. Whatever the fastest you can do.

I was extremely lucky with sylvian because my first leggo was Elva, i have a ruella 6* awk and got a double emic, one from the event and a random from shards hahahah. Sylvian and sacred are my strongest factions. But shadow kin is the exact opposite...I got Kimi recently but my only dps is genbo and...nobel. Also i lack a support.