Need some help building my Tag Teams for Silver 2+

Search
Jun 30, 2023, 01:1606/30/23
06/16/22

Need some help building my Tag Teams for Silver 2+

Currently running: 

i

Current Problem (speed)

• The problem I'm generally having is my Gorgorab speed is pretty meh at 279, where my Arbiter is 308. Even then, I'm not always winning the speed trade in Silver 1 (heading to Silver 2). I know speed will only get my so far, so I'd like to leverage some other champs to be more consistent in general. That's not to say my Gorgorab is built right (with mostly Rare speed gear with double rolls). 

Currently working on:

• Right now I'm taking Ragash, Sandlashed and Magnarr all to 60 + Masteries and Books (will have Ragash booked next PR CVC). 
  • I also haven't been utilizing Soulless as much as I feel like I should. 

What I'm looking for: 

• More synergized team comps (something like UDK, Pythion, Sandlashed and Geogrid)? 
  • Recommendations on the breakdown of comp strategy (an Increase Defense, Reviver, Nuker, etc). 

I've heard some niche champs like Cardinal (or even Skytouched Shaman) can be used well in TTA, any advice on using them as well?

Roster: 

i

i

Views
Comments
Comments
ShortOnSkillzModerator
Jun 30, 2023, 11:3806/30/23
06/24/19

You're correct speed will only get you so far but usually there is at least 1 enemy team without a speed lead or a lesser version you can "gurantee" going 1st.  

Team 1 - Arbiter / Kymar / Deacon / Georgid

Team 2 - Mithrala / Pythion / UDK / Soulless

Team 3 - Cardinal / Ukko / Gnishaak / Magnaar

IMO those would be some decent teams with good synergy to start building towards.  The success of the go 2nd teams depends on your availability of your gear a bit though.  Stoneskin, Bolster, Shield, Reaction etc.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Jun 30, 2023, 11:3906/30/23
06/24/19

I'll add the biggest factor in progressing TTA is figuring out which team to use against enemy defenses.  Don't just blindly go in with the same order over and over, move your teams around so you give yourself the best match up against whatever the enemy is presenting.

Jun 30, 2023, 12:1906/30/23
12/19/19
ShortOnSkillz

I'll add the biggest factor in progressing TTA is figuring out which team to use against enemy defenses.  Don't just blindly go in with the same order over and over, move your teams around so you give yourself the best match up against whatever the enemy is presenting.

This ^^^

Test and learn.  Half the teams you don't bother fighting because you are a chicken sh!t lil beoch 😀 you can beat right now. 

No sheep in silver, half probably don't set AI on defense, but most importantly you choose the matchups. And when you do lose, half of those you should be able to rematch in win based on already knowing the few hidden "advantages" the defense had on you (speed, stoneskin,...)

Defense, you need to look either fast, scary, and/or have rng (ss, ukko, reaction, revenge, ...).  The best defense is the one that doesn't get attacked, and can occasionally salvage a win with luck.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Jun 30, 2023, 13:2806/30/23
Jun 30, 2023, 13:29(edited)
06/24/19
Trips

This ^^^

Test and learn.  Half the teams you don't bother fighting because you are a chicken sh!t lil beoch 😀 you can beat right now. 

No sheep in silver, half probably don't set AI on defense, but most importantly you choose the matchups. And when you do lose, half of those you should be able to rematch in win based on already knowing the few hidden "advantages" the defense had on you (speed, stoneskin,...)

Defense, you need to look either fast, scary, and/or have rng (ss, ukko, reaction, revenge, ...).  The best defense is the one that doesn't get attacked, and can occasionally salvage a win with luck.

"The best defense is the one that doesn't get attacked, and can occasionally salvage a win with luck."

Soooo much this.