All Categories

Is Occult Brawler so good he's going to get Nerfed?

Search
Aug 1, 2019, 21:1008/01/19
05/14/19

Occult Brawler, which I drew a few days ago looks way too good at Clan Boss to be true.  I got both Pain Keeper and Steel Bowyer, saw their potential and then after putting resources into them they got nerfed.  Anyone else think Occult Brawler is next?

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 1, 2019, 21:3208/01/19
Aug 1, 2019, 23:30(edited)
02/14/19

Django2020 said:

Occult Brawler, which I drew a few days ago looks way too good at Clan Boss to be true.  I got both Pain Keeper and Steel Bowyer, saw their potential and then after putting resources into them they got nerfed.  Anyone else think Occult Brawler is next?

Im trying to lvl him up right now. 

Ive also noticed that people spec him wrong with hp and def nonesense. He only needs accuracy and speed if you can keep him alive. 

His streanght is almost guaranteed poisons on his skill and his sec ability is nice too. Use counterattack for extra poisons, and speed aura. 

I dont think he will get nerfed, but he seems very strong against Cb when fully developed. 

Update! 

Fully upgraded lvl 50, 200 acc and 153 speed, he does more dmg than all my other champions, he is a monster!!! 

When i hit 60 ill swap some gear around to add him 40 speed. 

Aug 1, 2019, 22:5808/01/19
Aug 1, 2019, 22:59(edited)
05/13/19

I want to try out Occult Brawler for Arena.

I think O.Brawler could be amazing in Arena.

Sadly, I don’t have O.Brawler.

I guess my test will never happen.

The gear set up I was going to try = 4 piece Regeneration + 2 piece Defense.

Aug 1, 2019, 23:3208/01/19
08/20/18
Nerf inc ^ 
Aug 2, 2019, 07:2408/02/19
05/14/19

glizdazla said:

Django2020 said:

Ive also noticed that people spec him wrong with hp and def nonesense. He only needs accuracy and speed if you can keep him alive. 

His streanght is almost guaranteed poisons on his skill and his sec ability is nice too. Use counterattack for extra poisons, and speed aura. 

I dont think he will get nerfed, but he seems very strong against Cb when fully developed. 

Update! 

Fully upgraded lvl 50, 200 acc and 153 speed, he does more dmg than all my other champions, he is a monster!!! 

Thanks for the info.  I guess I'll upgrade him for CB then.  If they totally nerf him I'll just demand all the money back I've paid Plarium. ;-)
Aug 2, 2019, 11:3108/02/19
Aug 2, 2019, 11:32(edited)
02/14/19

Django2020 said:

glizdazla said:

Django2020 said:

Update! 

Thanks for the info.  I guess I'll upgrade him for CB then.  If they totally nerf him I'll just demand all the money back I've paid Plarium. ;-)

The thing is you don't need to use a single book on him. His dmg comes from applying poisons from his 1 skill and passive. 

Get your Masteries done right too, meaning get a chance to increase turn meter when debuff is removed and a chance to extend debuffs. 

I dont use his second skill either as my Bad el removes all debuffs from him. 

Aug 2, 2019, 20:4408/02/19
05/16/19
Player J said:

You really have nothing better to do than troll the forums?  Really???
Aug 2, 2019, 20:5908/02/19
05/16/19

In response OP, you never know.  Plarium is extremely unpredictable.  The only thing you can expect from them is that they will consistently do whatever will give them immediate revenue at the customer's expense and without considering customer retention at all.  That is the only consistency I have seen from them since I started playing a few months ago.

Best advice I can give you is spend absolutely NO money on anything, as anything you invest into in the game can go to complete waste.  Like when they nerfed Pain Keeper into a shallow grave with three simultaneous nerfs and made her unviable for anything.  And to make matters worse, you will never be reimbursed for anything of yours that they nerf or otherwise ruin/break either.  The most you will ever get in response from them is "we will take your feedback into consideration" as a way to placate their customers (or perhaps a better word there is "victims"), but they don't ever actually take anything into consideration but profit.

Personally, I don't see him as particularly OP.  I mean for an epic, sure, he is pretty decent.  However, he is comparable to the usefulness of Aothar as far as clan boss, if that.  The only use for Brawler is poisons though, so it's not like Brawler is multi-function.  Poisons, that's it.  Aothar has that plus a buff-steal for when the clan boss is below 50% HP too.  So no, I don't see Brawler as OP enough to warrant a nerf, but again, you never know with Plarium.
Aug 2, 2019, 21:3908/02/19
Aug 2, 2019, 21:40(edited)
05/13/19

God said:

Player J said:

You really have nothing better to do than troll the forums?  Really???

Who says I’m trolling?

I’m dead serious about using Occult Brawler in Arena.

This guy isn’t afraid of pain.

Occult Brawler harms himself that’s the type of guy you want on your team in a fight.

And we all know Arena is nothing more than a Street Fight.

His name is Brawler!

You don’t want to have Brawler on your Arena team?

Your nuts!

We don’t need him for Clan Boss.

We have plenty of heroes for Clan Boss.

We swimming in Clan Boss heroes!

We need this guy on our Arena Team.

Just look at his HP = 20k

Just look at his ATK = 1.1k

Just look at his SPD = 98

How much damage do you think he does?

Does he hit like Semi-Truck?

I bet he hits really hard.

I got a Regeneration set I was fixing to sell it for Silver.

BUT SENSE THIS GUY CAME OUT I’M HOLD IT FOR HIM!

When I pull this guy from a shard in a year from now, You can Witness Me!

Aug 3, 2019, 01:4108/03/19
05/16/19

Player J said:

Your nuts!

When I pull this guy from a shard in a year from now, You can Witness Me!

1)  *you're* nuts

2)  No, I won't be "witnessing you" lose in bronze, because I just worked my way up into gold this evening.  And while you would be putting 5% poison damage on my champions, my Inithwe and Bystophus will be doing 100%+ damage with one-shots.

I get that you're trying to be funny, but you are misleading a lot of the new players.  It's just not right.  Ruining your competition by misleading them is not fun.  Personally, I'd rather inform the hell out of others so that I have more competition that knows what they're doing.  Hence why I give actually useful guides on my YouTube channel.

Aug 4, 2019, 06:1508/04/19
05/13/19

God said:

1)  *you're* nuts

2)  No, I won't be "witnessing you" lose in bronze, because I just worked my way up into gold this evening.  And while you would be putting 5% poison damage on my champions, my Inithwe and Bystophus will be doing 100%+ damage with one-shots.

I get that you're trying to be funny, but you are misleading a lot of the new players.  It's just not right.  Ruining your competition by misleading them is not fun.  Personally, I'd rather inform the hell out of others so that I have more competition that knows what they're doing.  Hence why I give actually useful guides on my YouTube channel.

I pulled all my Shards.

I didn’t get Occult Brawler.

It’s a real tragedy!

You didn’t get a chance to WITNESS ME!

I’m not misleading anyone.

I see things others chose to ignore.

It’s a gift!
Aug 8, 2019, 01:0708/08/19
02/27/19
AscendantGod said:

In response OP, you never know.  Plarium is extremely unpredictable.  The only thing you can expect from them is that they will consistently do whatever will give them immediate revenue at the customer's expense and without considering customer retention at all.  That is the only consistency I have seen from them since I started playing a few months ago.

Best advice I can give you is spend absolutely NO money on anything, as anything you invest into in the game can go to complete waste.  Like when they nerfed Pain Keeper into a shallow grave with three simultaneous nerfs and made her unviable for anything.  And to make matters worse, you will never be reimbursed for anything of yours that they nerf or otherwise ruin/break either.  The most you will ever get in response from them is "we will take your feedback into consideration" as a way to placate their customers (or perhaps a better word there is "victims"), but they don't ever actually take anything into consideration but profit.

Personally, I don't see him as particularly OP.  I mean for an epic, sure, he is pretty decent.  However, he is comparable to the usefulness of Aothar as far as clan boss, if that.  The only use for Brawler is poisons though, so it's not like Brawler is multi-function.  Poisons, that's it.  Aothar has that plus a buff-steal for when the clan boss is below 50% HP too.  So no, I don't see Brawler as OP enough to warrant a nerf, but again, you never know with Plarium.
Truth!!! ☝️☝️☝️
Aug 8, 2019, 10:5508/08/19
05/12/19
Player J said:

Brawler main dmg is from poison - hes never going to be good in arena no matter how u gear him.