All Categories

Plarium Points Program - Unattainable Aspirations

Search
Jun 14, 2023, 07:4606/14/23
09/28/19

The timeframe of multiple years to accumulate enough points for Searsha the Charred (if you play on PC, non-PC takes longer!!!), can indeed seem excessive and almost unrealistic. It highlights a significant imbalance between the rate at which points are earned and the cost of the champion. 

Such a prolonged period can discourage and demotivate players, as the goal of acquiring the champion becomes unattainable within a reasonable timeframe. It may also suggest that the game's progression system or reward structure is heavily skewed, potentially favoring those who are willing to make additional purchases.

In terms of game design and player satisfaction, it is crucial for developers to strike a balance between providing achievable goals and maintaining a sense of challenge. A more reasonable accumulation rate for points, adjusted champion costs, or additional avenues for earning points could help ensure that players feel rewarded for their efforts and are motivated to continue playing.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 14, 2023, 07:5706/14/23
02/28/22

It may also suggest that the game's progression system or reward structure is heavily skewed, potentially favoring those who are willing to make additional purchases. 

There you have it!  This game isn't about ftp, Plarium survive on selling and selling big, as a ftp we're just riding along behind folk who spend

Jun 14, 2023, 08:2406/14/23
09/28/19

Absolutely, the extended time frame of 5-6-7 years (or even longer) to acquire a champion is undeniably excessive and disproportionate. Such a lengthy wait severely hampers the progression and enjoyment of free-to-play players, making it incredibly challenging to keep up with the pace of the game and the progress of paying players. This imbalance in champion acquisition time undermines the overall fairness and satisfaction of the game for non-paying players. When i did the math i couldn't believe it, it's 7 and a half years if you only collect dailies on PC, remarkably long and unbalanced.

Jun 14, 2023, 08:5106/14/23
02/28/22
AlbusLupian

Absolutely, the extended time frame of 5-6-7 years (or even longer) to acquire a champion is undeniably excessive and disproportionate. Such a lengthy wait severely hampers the progression and enjoyment of free-to-play players, making it incredibly challenging to keep up with the pace of the game and the progress of paying players. This imbalance in champion acquisition time undermines the overall fairness and satisfaction of the game for non-paying players. When i did the math i couldn't believe it, it's 7 and a half years if you only collect dailies on PC, remarkably long and unbalanced.

Why does it matter?  Would it change the game for you?  - For most folk Mithrala and Lydia took a long time to get but eventually they get them, this game is two paths, spend to complete - not 'win' or take the longer ftp path, and if you do that and stick around you will get to endgame just a lot slower

If you enjoy the game and the randomness involved why would you want to rush through it?

Jun 14, 2023, 10:0506/14/23
10/01/22

i agree plarium should make it more realistic to achieve it.

Jun 14, 2023, 14:0306/14/23
05/26/22

I have a better chance of climing Mt Everest than getting Searsha from PP. 

Jun 14, 2023, 14:4106/14/23
12/19/19

The 2020s: Age of Entitlement

Not everything is for f2p.... if no advantages were gained by paying, nobody would spend and their would be no game.  Pretty simple.  Not getting this champ has ZERO affect on progression, and ZERO impact on enjoyment.  The "fairness" complaints continue to boggle my mind... though I guess that is my unrealilistic expectation of people having general common sense and almost average intellect...

-- signed your resident forum Ahole

Jun 14, 2023, 15:3006/14/23
06/25/20

If the champ were actually meta-defining, I might care. As it stands, I can't see any reason for the anger.

Jun 14, 2023, 15:3806/14/23
06/20/19

I tend to agree with Trips

Who cares if this one champ is beyond m,

the unfair argiument is as lame as whining the People at the next table are eating ribeye and lobster and all you can afford is chicken nuggets and French fries.

It's not fair! It's not fair!

im announcing my candidacy for resident ahold. @Trips is to soft on crime.  I promise to toughen up.

Jun 14, 2023, 15:4106/14/23
12/19/19
Angwil

I tend to agree with Trips

Who cares if this one champ is beyond m,

the unfair argiument is as lame as whining the People at the next table are eating ribeye and lobster and all you can afford is chicken nuggets and French fries.

It's not fair! It's not fair!

im announcing my candidacy for resident ahold. @Trips is to soft on crime.  I promise to toughen up.

You are not even close to my league...

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 14, 2023, 19:0206/14/23
02/24/19
Trips

You are not even close to my league...

You're gonna crush him in the primaries