All Categories

Anyone else notice a HUGE drop in player base?

Search
Jul 31, 2019, 03:4207/31/19
05/16/19

I knew the whole Foli scam was going to chase away a lot of players, but it seems it is so substantial that it has actually dropped the average team power in arena by quite a bit, at least on my tier (silver 3-4).

I am assuming the drop happened because the majority of the people they chased away were the hardcore gamers, hence they tended to be of a higher level.  Them dropping out caused the entire arena tier averages to drop quite a bit, at least from my observation.

I used to see an average of 70-80k for teams on silver tier 4.  Now, it averages about 50k.  Has anyone else noticed this drop at other tiers in arena?  At first, I thought it was some kind of glitch in the game, but I eventually realized that it was just a HUGE drop in the average team power at given tiers.  The only reason I could think of is a huge drop in the hardcore player base. 

Has the same happened for gold as well?  Have you guys noticed a significant drop in average team power for given gold tier?  I'm just curious.
Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 31, 2019, 04:1607/31/19
03/16/19

I'm  on Gold 2. The one things i can make sure is my clan member become less active. We even failed to kill Clan Boss on normal. It seems some veteran players with strong team already left out and replaced with new players. 

On arena i still found some players with 70-80k. My team power is 110k. Now i'm on the way to gold 3. 

Jul 31, 2019, 05:2007/31/19
03/24/19

Yup!

Plairum have been killing off their game since release.   They have a fairly regular influx of new players right now because the game is still "new-ish"

But players quickly realize the game is just a Mobile cash-grab with zero interest in providing a quality gaming experience.   Game breaking bugs that steal money from players (purchased gems, keys, tokens being lost to server crashes)

They have a policy to NEVER provide compensation to individual players.  No matter what issue you have, the best you'll see is a worthless global pile of silver or a few gems.  Some players even YouTubers have videos showing them losing 100's of gems and compensation has never come close to making up for it.

The events are extremely predatory and 100% push players to spending as much money as possible.   There is a clear difference to any rational person between a company trying to make some money while providing a good service....

And Plarium which is a company trying to make as much money as possible while providing as little as possible.

Jul 31, 2019, 06:0207/31/19
05/12/19
Nothing has changed. Players come and go.
Jul 31, 2019, 06:5107/31/19
02/12/19
Lol, you guys realize that you are playing against bots in Arena!?!?!?!?
CirillaAdmin
Jul 31, 2019, 11:3107/31/19
02/27/19
Hello! No reason for worry or panic. The thing is that, when determining opponents on the Arena in different Tiers, a whole lot of factors and criteria are taken into account. At times, the whole picture may seem out of place, but that may just be a marginal point in the spectrum of the dividing aspect. Our game analysts collect the data and statistics for each sphere of the game on a constant basis to make sure that the balance is maintained at all times. We will react right away if we notice some deviations.
Jul 31, 2019, 12:2207/31/19
02/16/19
The arena ratings have dropped because there are MORE players than ever. Nice try though.
Jul 31, 2019, 17:5907/31/19
02/22/19
Was spending my time in silver 2 for the past months, now I am at gold 1 on the way to gold 2 - don't know whether this really can be associated to more players... I'd rather think lots of inactive players were finally removed from arena - it now sometimes happens that I can clear ten opponents without needing to refresh, that didn't happen until maybe 2 weeks ago
Aug 1, 2019, 00:3408/01/19
05/16/19

Kerykeion said:

The arena ratings have dropped because there are MORE players than ever. Nice try though.

"Nice try" at what?  Not sure what you're insinuating there.  I don't think you do either, lol.

And your claim makes absolutely no sense.  If there were more players than ever, then the arena would proportionately have far more champions in bronze than gold.  That would not cause silver to drop to a much lower average team power.  If anything, a substantial increase in bronze would push silver to an even higher average to reach.

What would cause a drop in silver would be a drop in the average levels above it, therefore not being as challenging to get to the top.  Less players at the top means it would be easier to reach it.  If there were *more* players at the top tiers, then the average team power would increase, not decrease.  Hence why I said I don't believe you have any idea what you are even insinuating.  It's quite basic...

And that is quite a brazen claim there to say there are more players than ever in the game.  Do you have any actual facts to back that claim?

I can most certainly support my claim that the player base has dropped substantially.  There are even people who have YouTube channels, who after the Foli event, discontinued their videos for Raid.  I could go ahead and cite some later if you are going to claim there isn't.

And the forums were flooded with players dropping off.  My other friends who played stopped playing when they saw that there was no hope of them ever being competitive in the game without spending hundreds on the game.

Regardless, I was simply asking to see if gold noticed a large drop in average team power.
Aug 1, 2019, 00:3608/01/19
05/16/19
MadCo0kie said:

Was spending my time in silver 2 for the past months, now I am at gold 1 on the way to gold 2 - don't know whether this really can be associated to more players... I'd rather think lots of inactive players were finally removed from arena - it now sometimes happens that I can clear ten opponents without needing to refresh, that didn't happen until maybe 2 weeks ago
Yea, that is exactly what is making me think there was a huge dropoff in player base.  Thanks for the info.
Aug 1, 2019, 00:3708/01/19
Aug 1, 2019, 00:38(edited)
05/16/19

zorhanba said:

I would imagine after a certain period of inactivity, the players would no longer show up in arena.  I could be wrong though.  Regardless, there was definitely a big shift in the average team power at the silver tier III and IV, and it happened shortly after the Foli situation.  It's not rocket science...

And to add here, my concern is that a huge drop in player base means even less that Plarium will be investing into development.  It's a legitimate concern considering the current stagnation of the game as far as content.
Aug 1, 2019, 17:4408/01/19
06/07/19
zorhanba said:

Are you sure about that?