All Categories

Remember Arbiter?

Remember Arbiter?

Search
May 18, 2023, 10:3705/18/23
02/28/22

Remember Arbiter?

I remember, a long time ago, a clanmate completing the missions and in his words 'drooling over Arbiter', she was the best around!

I just wonder what is going on, and why it is felt necessary for the usually named 'power creep' though this recently feels like a 'power blast' with the arrival of legendaries like Taras and Marichka, both voids and unless you're a whale probably not on many radars unless you get really lucky

Theres others, even obtained through fusions like Pythion who imo is very OP, Gnishak, Hephraak and others

My question is why?  What content in the game required such OP new champs?  And the old arguement - 'it does not affect you' is not really valid, I've poked my head into Plat arena once, obviously won't stay there, but now in live arena, I'm meeting teams with 2/3/4 of these guys, I'm not really fussed about Live Arena but it prompted me to consider the rationale behind so many OP's being introduced

Hephraak for example has this on HH  Hephraak has INSANE multipliers, literally the hardest hitting champion in Raid as of July 2022. He has the ability to 1 shot entire high level waves of enemies in Hard Tower, high level dungeons and in the arena when in the correct gear with the correct teams. Hephraak also has a crazy passive ability activating the nuke A2 when one of your team dies 

What benefit do Plarium get by bringing in Doom Tower Hard, then bringing in a champ who can one shot the waves?  I get they want more and more money but is this the best way to get it?

Views
Comments
Comments
May 18, 2023, 11:5705/18/23
10/01/22

what is the main aim/question of this topic exactly :P ?

May 18, 2023, 12:2905/18/23
02/28/22
oblivion01332

what is the main aim/question of this topic exactly :P ?

I'm sorry that went over your head

Why is Plarium introducing so many OP champs?

Happy now?

May 18, 2023, 15:2905/18/23
01/19/21

Plarium want to sell shards. Whales have most of the existing champs already, hence have no incentive to buy shards. Introducing new champs gives them an incentive, but primarily only if the new ones are better than the old ones. Hence why there is power creep and why we get things like stone skin, overtuned bosses etc., only to then get the "solution" to it with new champs or other mechanics which favor whales. A ridiculously obvious example would be the hard dungeons where the bosses literally take more damage from and deal less damage to champs based on their awakening level.

May 18, 2023, 16:4205/18/23
06/05/22

Every game that releases new content over time has some power creep. If this wasn't the case, you'd just be complaining about how overpowered some old champ is, and how they're harder and harder to get as the champion pool grows.

This way, you can pick up many of the new champs at least. I got Gnishak and Pythion from fusions. Michinaki from a guaranteed event. Kicking myself for missing the Nekmo Thaar guaranteed event, but it's my own damn fault.

I also happen to have pulled Hephraak. He's great, but one-shotting waves high up in DT hard is out of the question. For DT normal and the lower levels of hard, there are dozens of champs that can do it.