All Categories

bunch of malarky

bunch of malarky

Search
Apr 26, 2023, 18:5104/26/23
07/22/21

bunch of malarky

either there is not enough strength given to certain aspects of champions or it is a scam. 20k in strength is a bunch of programmer bs. stats are stats. i see no possible reason 20k in strength difference if the game goes by stats. they should apply strength if it is there and not hide it like a bunch of cowards. just because some d bag pays should allow strength to be hidden . 5k maybe even 10 k but certainly not 20k

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 26, 2023, 19:1404/26/23
06/25/20

Guessing you're assuming champ power translates linearly into likelihood of victory?

Do yourself a favour and ignore it until you properly understand what it describes. In the interim it will only cause you problems.

Apr 26, 2023, 19:4404/26/23
02/13/20

Combat power is mainly to give you hints at what the enemies stats are based around. If it's lower, it;s generally a speed nuker comp with some beefy supports. If it's higher it's generally a go 2nd Beefy hard hitting slow comp. Other than that, the stats are just a basis for champ of the same name comparison. It's honestly best to just not go by it. I beat comps with over 200k more power than my teams and visa versa. It's not as big of a deal as you make it out to be.

Apr 27, 2023, 00:5504/27/23
07/22/21

no it is literally a block heal debuff coupled with a 10k+ att and a decent defensive stat.those 3 things combined are worth more than 20k in strength alone. point being whats the point of even having strength. if you cant properly gauge a win then. i might as well close my eyes and click. stats are supposed to be stats and no skill or combination should go un numerated i expect a 47 to be fairly easy not a definate loss. i expect a 75k to 79k to be close. but 47k to my 79 and i cant take down one champ is ridiculous. and i have some decent champs

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 27, 2023, 01:2304/27/23
12/30/20

I'm not quite sure what the issue is but without seeing teams, gearing, etc. we're only really hearing a fraction of the details. 

Apr 27, 2023, 02:0004/27/23
02/13/20
KCindahizzee

no it is literally a block heal debuff coupled with a 10k+ att and a decent defensive stat.those 3 things combined are worth more than 20k in strength alone. point being whats the point of even having strength. if you cant properly gauge a win then. i might as well close my eyes and click. stats are supposed to be stats and no skill or combination should go un numerated i expect a 47 to be fairly easy not a definate loss. i expect a 75k to 79k to be close. but 47k to my 79 and i cant take down one champ is ridiculous. and i have some decent champs

Dude, we dont even know what you mean by Strength... there is no Strength in this game. It's Power.... but gear sets, and skills dont calculate into power, thats your focused stats. RES, ACC, CRIT, CRIT DMG, SPEED, ATK, DEF, HP. That is the only thing that determines power, and I gave you what to look for based on that. I have a 38k power Huntsman that can mutilate 88k - 108k power champions, because it ignores DEF, has 120% crit and 198% Crit dmg with 188 speed with 5.6k ATK. Most teams I face it goes 2:1 in turns and by then at least 3 out of 4 of the champs are dead.

Or better yet, my Ragesh at 53k power that crits every unit for 69k-92k depending on their allignment. Slow but tanky and ignores 100% of DEF with over 5.8k DEF of his own. POWER isnt everything, as I stated, really its a comparison of how champions of the same name are built... higher power? usually slower and Tankier. Lower power? Most likely a 2:1 speed nuker. Stop basing your expectations around power... learn what that listed power means...

Apr 27, 2023, 11:4804/27/23
12/16/21

It;s an entirely reasonable and valid complaint that the power rating for champs is at best poorly implemented and misleading. Doubly-so because there's no in-game explanation of how stats are valued. The further your account progresses, the less meaning it has at all.

IMO, hp and resist count for far too many points, and speed not nearly enough

Apr 27, 2023, 11:5304/27/23
12/19/19
MooredRat

It;s an entirely reasonable and valid complaint that the power rating for champs is at best poorly implemented and misleading. Doubly-so because there's no in-game explanation of how stats are valued. The further your account progresses, the less meaning it has at all.

IMO, hp and resist count for far too many points, and speed not nearly enough

This is completely wrong, PEBCAK at its finest...

New players incorrectly concern themselves with power.  It has much more relevance in late game.  I utilize it significantly when assessing G3/G4 opponent selection in Tag.

Apr 27, 2023, 12:5104/27/23
11/29/20

High power means high resist and/or high crit dmg.  That's all you need to know to assess the team and decide if your debuffs will land or if they have an extremely strong nuker.

Low power means they don't have resist or crit dmg (but probably speed) so if you can survive their first hit (with let's say... bolster gear and shield sets), they'll have nothing left in the tank to fight you.

Arena became imensly easier for me when stone skin/bolster arrived and I could stop caring about trying to have the fastest speed gear, because that's a race I never won.  Build your teams to respond to what power ratings actually tell you, the speed and high resist meta is dead, especially with polymorph everywhere these days.